Concerning the impossibility of a 1000 year earthly reign:

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by canadyjd, May 16, 2021.

1. Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    " Now upon the first [day] of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain [others] with them.
    2 And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre.
    3 And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus."
    ( Luke 24:1-3 )

" Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have." ( Luke 24:39 ).

2. tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Acts 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Btw... Dave!... There is at least one thing we agree on!... Brother Glen:)

3. Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm amazed that any of us on this board agree on anything, Glen.
    It sickens ( and saddens ) me very much to see how many differing doctrines and beliefs there are just among Baptists.:Sick:Speechless

These last 3 years or so of me being here have been an education, to say the least.:(

4. tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Psalm 133:1 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

133:2 It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;

133:3 As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.

Well Dave, will not ever have it is this life but where we are bound, it NEVER ceases!... PRAISE GOD!

Glen:)

5. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    closed at the request of the OP