1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Cruz, Romney and the rest! A bunch of cutthroats?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Mar 8, 2016.

1. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I pretty much became convinced of this when he said that when he bragged that he would order our soldiers to kill the families of terrorists to get information from them and when he was informed that is a war crime he doubled down on what he would do. That is a tyrant and I will never vote for him.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He says he is a SBC. If the demeanor and love demonstrated on this board at times is reflective of Baptist's then Cruz is a perfect fit. I wouldn't vote for him because he states he is baptist, because there are a ton of people claiming to be a baptist; but their walk and talk say something differently. Cruz is fooling a lot of folks. I don't buy it. Sorry! Besides, a believer in the Oval Office would be a nightmare, as their actions and witness would be so bad, many would fall away from the church and many more would never come to Jesus, thinking if that is Christian, no thanks!

3. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How you describe Cruz is just about how I describe Trump. I'd rather have a transparent oaf in office, than someone professing Christ, and later letting us down with broken promises, and granting amnesty to his fellow Latino's. Plus, he is Canadian-American. Something just not right with that combination.

Sorry sister, Cruz is still like the Garden serpent. He will tell you anything to accomplish his mission.

4. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you would rather have a liberal who says whatever the polls tell him to say that day, then someone who actually has actions to back up what he says about himself. Besides they both claim to be Christians, Trump just doesn't think he needs forgiveness or name a favorite Bible verse. Cruz I will admit I have doubts about the orthodoxy of his faith but that doesn't change the fact that he is the best conservative in the race.

5. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd rather have a liberal conservative then a typical politician that does nothing once they reach their goal. Cruz will disappoint you, I guarantee it. If that is what you want, don't let me spoil your party. :)

6. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

So let see you would rather not have Cruz who you say is as a bad example for Christian and have a Trump who you see as good and truthful or have Holary in office than a Christian, is that what I am to understand?

• Like Like x 1
  7. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You don't know what I expect out of Cruz beyond cleaning house. Which given how the establishment feels about him does not seem you be an unreasonable expectation.
    You do realize that liberal conservative is an oxymoron right?
    Although with Trump you can just drop the second word and you would be right on. Can I ask you something? A lot of people on here are down on Trump and yet you focus on me almost like you take it personally that I think your guy is a Trojan Horse. I have said that from the beginning and yet you still quote me for not liking or at least supporting Trump. Why is that?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Did you vote for Romney? What happened to that "we're electing a President, not a pastor" line?

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Makes no sense, huh?O O

10. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    RD2, I fixed your post for ya...

I think that you are giving the man from New York way toooooo much credit! He is conniving, a slick Willy type, and not what you think he is! Like Eve and the serpent, I think you have been conned into believing that the fruit hanging from the Trump tree is life giving, and it may not hurt for you to rethink your thought process before you knight the man as the savior of America! He continues to use innuendos and lies to get votes.

He is a liar. And we know who dwells in sin of lies? The father of lies himself, the devil! Does that make Trump the devil? Not necessarily so, just that he is apparently influenced by the spirit of deception, and that is dangerous for all and not a gift that will give rebirth to Washington and clean house!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I don't get it. Because they are both "anti-immigrant, build a great big wall", RD2 seems to be fawning over Trump like he's a piece of New York styled cheesecake.

12. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Define anti-immigrant

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You'd have to read some of his posts on the subject to get a real feel for how it's being used. I don't believe he nor many of the Trump supporters are really as anti-immigrant as they try to portray themselves. It's more of a "they're angry" and someone has to be the recipient of the anger. It's like a fad.

14. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Immigrants started this nation. The term should be anti-illegal immigrants. Stop the flow of those who illegally cross our borders.

15. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Those of us who are Presbyterian shuddered when he stated this...

16. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some think that there is no distinction between the two.

17. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I think you are on the right track. I think there's one more option. If none of the candidates get to the magic number of 1237 delegates, then the delegates are no longer bound to their candidate. I think it is likely that another candidate may be selected who will bring the party together. Yes, the GOP will be wounded - especially if some of the Trump supporters stay home on election day. However, not sure what states the GOP would lose by not having Trump run.

18. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stage 2 1/2.

19. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a critical point to consider. There are no states that would go to the GOP if Trump were running vs. another candidate. None.

20. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes I realized that I have forgotten my 4th option, death by revolt in which there is a brokered convention and someone not named Cruz or Trump wins thus leading to a revolt from the voters feeling like they had been scammed.