1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dale Ratzlaff - Seventh-Day Adventist Kryptonite

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by thatbrian, Feb 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would a mod please close this thread. No takers.

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, Bob Ryan, , you COULD address Ratzlaff's points here if you can't get him to come here.

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Glad to -- Is he posting here??

Or did you want me to look at the wall and "debate a video"???

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We would be happen if you ever decide to discuss the false teachings of Ellen White!

5. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why would he? If he were after truth he wouldn't be a SDA.

6. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When we counter the false teachings of the long-dead EGW, are we "debating a book"?

It's called "Whatcha see is whatcha get!"

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You could start with the first point about SDA Ratzlaff makes - the FACT that EGW was NOT a prophetess, and her writings are NOT on a par with Scripture. That fact alone makes SDA false.

8. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's called "Whatcha see is whatcha get!"[/QUOTE]

Truth, lies and error are all made clear by the light of examination. SDA beliefs are essentially a very complex system of lies. Examination is the last think the SDA wants. Ratzlaff's words bring actual SDA beliefs and practices into the light. No SDA wants that.

9. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is not a fact -- it is merely a "false accusation" -- and is worthless.

State an actual fact that would need to be addressed

10. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am here "in person" obviously. (I have to continually state the obvious when on one of ThatBrian's threads). if I could get the Baptists here to make a "sola scriptura" case about doctrine -- I would count myself lucky.

So far all I am getting is "debate my video" and "debate a web site that I found online" nonsense when it comes to the Ten Commandments or 1 Cor 12.

How sad - because Baptists WERE at one time on the "sola scriptura testing" side of the fence with me.

11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am trying to count the number of times you signed up to "debate a dumb video" on this thread -

Can't get past the number zero.

12. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, obviously, EGW won't be here, either, but ratzlaff is alive & well. Try communicating with him directly, or else respond to his debunking of SDA that's posted here.

QUIT TRYING TO DODGE!

13. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

true no "video debaters" on Baptist Board - not even among Adventists. The thread serves no purpose

14. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Why? What contribution does he make to the topic aside from the occasional rant?

I prefer talking to a serious Bible student -- vs a "formerly serious" one.

15. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most debates are about what someone else said, someone who's not in the debate, and often not even still alive, or about a subject or concept that's never been alive.

Fact is, you have no valid argument against the FACTS Ratzlaff presented. If you did, I believe you woulda presented it against those facts.

I have pointed out several of EGW's prophetic flops myself, and against several of her false doctrines.These stand as mute, stark facts about her beliefs, and, since she's dead, they're frozen in time, unchangeable. And you've tried to defend some of them, unsuccessfully.

Since Ratzlaff is alive, perhaps he might see any argument against his facts you might present, but I believe that, deep inside, you KNOW you're gonna lose. isn't it about time for you to give up the false religion and REALLY come to Jesus?

16. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most debate throughout history takes place through the writings of people who've never met. How many, on this board alone, have written posts critiquing what a politician has said? Thinkers from different camps often write books as a means to debate each other, as Luther did with Erasmus. This kind of thing is common and always has been.

Bob's avoidance of ex-SDA pastor Ratzlaff's talks shows that Bob's beliefs are very fragile, and that's a good thing - a very good thing. Bob has come to BB to steal sheep, but his plan may backfire. He may in fact end up becoming one himself.

17. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And it comes in the form of someone who "is alive" and "posting on this board" who takes some idea that they read about - posts it...claims to believe it... asks for discussion on it.

I think we all knew that.

Still waiting for the "please just debate my video" tiny group to "come around" on that obvious detail.

Totally false. I find Ratlaff to be a has-been shallow Bible student not worth my time to watch.

You -- or someone else here - may find him to be greatly entertaining or even informative perhaps even insightful. If you actually have a doctrinal point to make feel free to do so. But I won't do your job for you especially when it is a source that I have found to be utterly false.

18. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    All these "debate-my-video" posts have the same theme "I have not found one single point that I can make after watching my video --- so then you watch my video and debate it"

19. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Were the videos factually right though?

20. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fact is, Mr. Ryan has no viable argument against Mr. Ratzlaff's TRUTHS.

And WE could say the same about Mr. Ryan's arguments, as he often uses those of a DEAD person, EGW. Glad to see he makes himself look silly by not addressing the facts pointed out in the OP's video.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.