1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dale Ratzlaff - Seventh-Day Adventist Kryptonite

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by thatbrian, Feb 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Fact is - even you did not find a single fact in Ratzlaff's video to report as if it held water.

If even his own devotee's can't find anything - how much less the critical objective reader like me.

2. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yup.

3. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I found PLENTY. However, your devotion to EGW and her false doctrines, along with the other SDA hooey, won't let you see them.

4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    and named nothing ... why keep doing that??

You actually like Ratlaff's ideas -- by now you ought to be able to identify some doctrinal argument that he makes - that holds water.

5. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Facts are not self-evident. They are interpreted by our worldview. Bob sees everything in light of Ellen G White's writings.

6. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Waiting for YOU to argue against anything he said. Why should I repeat something anyone can hear on that video? As most of us found out long ago, he realized SDA is a cult, "having a form of godliness, but denying its POWER".

7. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So then you show us where you go around "debating videos" and then we will see ...

Meanwhile - could you not even find one valid point in your own video to defend???

False accusation vitriol, emotional argument... instead of substance? really? again?

8. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The SDA is not a cult anymore then you. You still got your prophets like John Calvin and still require prophecy to self-proclaim yourself elect. And if your not Calvinist get the plank out your eye before you worry bout the speck the SDAs got.

Ellen G White can be 100% certified Crazy Lady, And the SDA's foundation position of their view of the character of God is by far more kind and loving then the complete trash people want to pass for God.

SDA's version of GOD > Calvinist version of God. Not a hard challenge at all. Godzilla is better then a Calvinist version of God. I bet I can argue anything being better.

The only dirt I got on SDA besides sunday paranoid, is their pro-choice stance which their current governing body officially approves but their founders would not. But now internally there are rising number of SDA trying to put a stop to abortions in SDA hospitals and bringing attention to it.

You can go to official SDA website where they approve abortion.

9. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No One here posting that are reformed/calvinist would see Calvin in same light as the Sda does Ellen White!

10. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apparently, some don't know the difference between a theologian and a "Prophet".

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    there are those here who seem to think that we do see calvin in that light, but none of us here would see him as being in the same light the Sda does Ellen White!

12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So Calvinists do not view John Calvin as an inspired prophet? Not too surprising. But do they "Read his writing"? Do they consider opposition to Calvin's teaching as Arminians would have it -- to be a "good thing" for Calvinists??

I am pretty sure that when Calvinists debate a point of Calvinism - they never quote John Calvin. Oh no wait!!

:)

In any case they "should not be" quoting Calvin to prove or disprove doctrine when they are promoting their basic beliefs and neither do SDAs -- the web site already shows our 28 Fundamental Beliefs and they make no appeal to a quote from Ellen White -- as those who "read" the material they profess to be able to judge -- would know.

Even Walter Martin admitted that the doctrines SDAs hold are not "quotes of Ellen White" and official SDA arguments published in favor of our doctrines do not do that either.

#52 BobRyan, Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  13. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Tulip, Doctrines of grace. Whole bunch of extra nonsense that never existed for 1500 years.

The prophecy is on your end. SELF-PROCLAIMED ELECTION. You either THINK you are God to SELF-JUDGE yourself elect. OR you are a prophet of God and God told you that you are elect.

I asked if God declared to you face to face if you were elect and you just squirmed around it.

DID GOD SAY YOU WERE ELECT FACE TO FACE? YES OR NO?

14. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. (John 10:27)

15. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You appear to be saying that God is still allowed to speak ... to you.

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the Sda though sees her writings to be to them JUST as inspired as the Apostles were by God, so no Calvinist views Calvin in that light!
    her views on the Sabbath and the Investigative Judgement are still binding to be heeded by all Sda...

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God has sent to us NO additional revelation since John passed away!

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, the theology of an Augustine, or of a Calvin in regards to Election and the so called Tulip theolgy were them in the scriptures themselves!

19. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Good thing you have "YOUR" word... on that.

As for me... I prefer the actual Bible.

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God sent to us His apostles as the ones given His revelation to pass unto us, and there have been NO MORE since John passed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.