1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Darby = Dispensationalism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Rippon, May 11, 2015.

1. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah, that might be right. Big words do present a problem for some people.

Thanks for the insight.

Tragic, yes, but false...no.

You will not change your mind and you do not want reasonable discussion.

That doesn't just hit the nail on the head it drives it home.

Just not true. The public record shows that it is from the anti-pretribulation crowd that insults, deflection, and ridicule come on a regular basis. And when someone fights fire with fire you cry foul.

You can dish it out...

Well of course you would defend your side. That's understandable.

Curious.

Perhaps it can be viewed as insult, but you might consider what those posts deal with.

And I have not singled out this member, I have made all of you pre-trib deniers my pet project.

Don't it just give you a fuzzy feeling inside?

She has been far more reasonable than you, lol, and taken a little yanking with good grace.

You could learn from her. Unless you felt it was a usurping of the authority you think you have, lol.

It's a false argument looking for antagonists.

Because they were taught this it has what to do with the content and intent of every other members defense of the Pre-Trib view?

Spam and self aggrandizement deleted.

Well we do, lol.

We know there is a thousand year period between Christ's Return and the Great White Throne Judgment.

We know there are three resurrections in Revelation.

We know Christ's Return in Revelation 19 has not occurred yet.

We know Christ, not Angels...gather the Elect in the Rapture, and Angels gather them at Christ's Return.

We know how to actually understand the usage of the Greek and it's plentiful meanings so that we do not become hyper-literal sometimes, or spiritualize the text when convenient.

We know it is not a good idea to take away or add to Scripture.

Shall I go on?

God bless.

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Not only windy but deluded!

3. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Snarky?

Now that is insulting...

;)

God bless.

4. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree, it is windy.

Coursen I might a bein' arrogant agin...

God bless.

5. OldRegular

I am glad you agree. The doctrine that the Church, for which Jesus Christ died, is a "parenthesis" in GOD's program for national/ethnic Israel is a false doctrine invented by certain pre-trib-dispensationalists! I have repeatedly posted their remarks.

6. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Actually HankD has shown he is interested in discussion on the issue.

Our exchanges have not only been reasonable, they have been quite pleasant.

Unfortunately your trolling shuts down conversation. Every thread is interrupted by your personal agenda which is obviously filled with a hatred that has no place in the heart of a Christian.

God bless.

#46 Darrell C, May 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
  7. OldRegular

One thing is certain. You did not get your pre-trib-"snatching away"-of-the-"parenthesis"-church from the Bible because that doctrine is false! So you obviously got it from another pre-tribber who got it from another pre-tribber, and so on until Scofield or Darby show up.

8. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's only certain (minus the false argument of the parenthesis Church) in the minds of those who are Catholic in their approach to understanding the Word of God.

But for those of us who do not rely on the doctrines of men, but seek God through the only authoritative measure of truth available to man, the Pre-Tribulation Rapture is simply the only scenario that harmonizes, not just some of Prophecy, but all of it.

God bless.

9. OldRegular

Pre-trib-dispensationalism is the invention of John Darby. That is a historical fact. Moreover it is a schooled doctrine, it must be taught. It is not the outcome of a natural, literal, reading of Scripture since Scripture teaches that GOD deals with man through Covenants.

10. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Doctrine of the Trinity was a creation of the Catholic Church.

Makes about as much sense as the statement above.

Both are untrue.

But thanks for once again showing your refusal to actually address posts.

God bless.

11. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe Scripture lays it out quite simply.

First, although not mentioned in Scripture, the Jews will build a new temple in Jerusalem. Then....

The 'beast', 'antichrist', 'man of sin', or whatever else one wantsta call him, will cometa power, assisted by a miracle-working false prophet.

He will commit the 'abomination of desolation' in the new temple.

His deputy, the FP, will institute the marka the beast.

The greatest tribulation man has ever seen, or ever will, shall come upon the earth. The details are given in the Revelation.

Jesus will halt the great trib, and immediately afterwards will come a great cosmological disturbance, followed by Jesus' visible return in great power & glory, which'll be seen by EVERY eye. He will cast the antichrist & his deputy directly, bodily, alive into gehenna & destroy their army with the power of His spoken word. Then shall the millenium begin.

12. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Holy Trinity doctrine comes from SCRIPTURE, which calls Father, Son, and Holy Spirit "God" in various places. While the actual term doesn't appear in Scripture, being an English term, the DOCTRINE is quite apparent.

13. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agree for the most part, though I do see the Temple of the Tribulation mentioned:

Matthew 24:15-16

King James Version (KJV)

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4

King James Version (KJV)

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Revelation 11

King James Version (KJV)

1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

So since the topic is Darby and Dispensationalism, would you mind sharing when you believe the Rapture takes place or if you believe there will be a Rapture?

God bless.

14. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know that, and you know that, but not all know that.

God bless.

15. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

what I said, "I have read very little from Darby and never seen anything about a "Parenthesis Church" where I have found it was by another teacher and he used it as an analogy (illustration) to show what was being said, but never saying the church was a Parenthesis, there you are reading into what was taught."

The Parenthesis Church" as you call it is not a DOCTRINE. It is an analogy that is an illustration to make a point. The point is that the O.T. prophets didn't see the church, they knew there was something else but God hid the church from them.

Here is an example of an analogy, driving down the freeway you come upon a traffic jam, as you get almost to the top of a bridge you can see the next bridge ahead and traffic is moving. You know something ahead has caused the traffic jam, but what you aren't sure it is a mystery until it occurs. So too was the church a mystery until it came 10 days after Christ accession, then it was revealed to the all the followers of Christ.

Now I didn't create a new doctrine here I just used an analogy to help folks see what occured, so too is the "Parenthesis Church" used as an analogy, so to is the peak to peak with a valley used as an analogy.

You seem to believe it to be a Doctrine and it isn't, plain and simple. As far as I know Darby never used those analogies but I haven't read enough of his writings to know. I found the analogy you refer to in another pre-trib teachers writings.

16. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Time for a Grammar lesson I see.

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the word comma comes directly from the Greek komma (κόμμα), which means something cut off or a short clause. A comma can also be used as a diacritic when combined with other characters.

Now what I said "You always connect the "Parenthesis Church" to the dispensationalist and pre-tribbers, that is not a false statement." The comma is a stop and means that your connection of the Parenthesis church" to dispensationalist, is false. That is what the comma conveyed.

Hope this helps you understand basic Grammar and the intent and use of a comma!

17. OldRegular

Chafer, Ryrie, and Ironside teach it as a doctrine.

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=99519

And then there is this: {https://bible.org/seriespage/19-premillennialism-and-church}

#57 OldRegular, May 12, 2015
  18. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

An anology can't be a false doctrine because it is not a Doctrine. The pre-trib doctrine is backed up by scripture we have shown them, you disagree with scripture. Adding the "parenthesis church" into the term doctrine is a misnomer because it is not a doctrine it is an analogy, time you learned that.

19. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

God is dealing with man in the Dispensation of Grace by the Covenant of Grace.

He dealt with Israel as a nation by the Dispensation of Law with the Covenant of the Law.

He dealt with Abraham and His seed till they entered the Land by the Dispensation of Promise with the Covenant of Promise.

God deals with man with the use of dispensation by means of Covenants.

He will deal with man in the Tribulation period with the Covenant of His wrath.

20. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Ryrie's quote, "Classic dispensationalists used the words 'parenthesis' or 'intercalation' to describe the distinctiveness of the church in relation to God's program for Israel. An intercalation is an insertion of a period of time in a calendar, and a parenthesis in one sense is defined as an interlude or interval (which in turn is defined as an intervening or interruptive period)."

The church goes between the Law and the Tribulation that is what he says.
    According to scripture that is a true context. The church which began at Pentecost and will end with the church being caught up according to Paul. It fits perfectly between the dispensation of Law governed by the Covenant of the Law and the dispensation of the Tribulation governed by the Covenant of the wrath of God.

the dispensation of Grace governed by the Covenant of Grace was in God's plan no where do they say it wasn't. It is an interval between. Let sees the analogy here, a Church has a early morning service, sunday school, and then an 11;00 Am.M. service. Sunday School is an interval between the two worship services. In that sense it is a Parenthesis Sunday School, it fits perfectly in the churches plan as an interlude between the two.

So that God placing the church in place as an interval in His plan of dealing with mankind, is an interval of Grace that is a dispensation of Grace governed by the Covenant of Grace. Before He brings judgment He first deals with mankind through a period of Grace.

Did He deal with the O.T. believers with Grace yes as far as their salvation goes. Because the Law of Moses never saved anyone. It did however reveal to man God's standard and that they couldn't meet that standard. Now the Standard was met through Christ and God's Grace flows forth out of His efficacious work on the Cross. Once God has allowed the dispensation of Grace to run its course in His plan that is His time He will then bring forth the Tribulation and deal with mankind by His wrath being poured out in judgment to meet the terms of the earth's redemption price.

Very clear now what the context is that you continue to not understand.

#60 revmwc, May 12, 2015