1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Darby = Dispensationalism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Rippon, May 11, 2015.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Your analogy is dispensational doctrine and that is the truth whether you agree or not. Wallboard is quote clear on that. He further writes [Major Bible Prophecies, page 282]:

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You also attribute it to me, and that is bearing false witness.

3. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

He has been shown he actually did attribute it to Darby in a few threads.

4. OldRegular

Attributed what to you?

5. OldRegular

Jerome should have provided the source so the entire post could have been read. It is a fact that the concept of the "parenthesis" Church is the natural outgrowth of Darby'd pre-trob-"snatching away" of the Church. Wallboard implies that it is an essential part of dispensational doctrine. So whine on all you choose. If I had ever believed in a "parenthesis" I would hit the floor on my knees asking for mercy!

#65 OldRegular, May 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
  6. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Until you through the term out I had not heard of it. The pre-trib doctrine doesn't depend upon it scripture shows it in 1 Thessalonians 1:9-10 and others show the pre-trib rapture.

7. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Huh?

What in the world are you talking about?

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Just the mere fact that I believe in the "parenthesis church" when I don't.

9. OldRegular

Well you have said I believe in Calvinism and I don't. There!

10. OldRegular

I never said the pre-trib-rapture was dependent on the "parenthesis" Church. I said the "parenthesis" Church is the natural outcome/consequence of the false doctrine of the pre-trib-rapture.

1 Thessalonians 1:9, 10
    9. For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;
    10. And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

That Scripture proves a pre-trib-rapture like Isaiah 32 showed Darby the Jewish dispensation following the Church age. Utter nonsense.

Jesus Christ did deliver the believer from the wrath to come, the lake of fire.

#70 OldRegular, May 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
  11. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

No the wrath of Revelation 6:17. All the way to Revelation 19.

12. OldRegular

13. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

According to you, your interpretation hasn't been posted to see if you use Eisegesis or Exegesis. So folks have your word or my exegesis to go by.

Revelation 6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

For the megas hemera autos orge' has come. That is the great time (last day of this present age) His anger is exhibited that is (punish of a magestrate) is erechomi that is it comes. Who does it come upon? The people upon the earth. But He halts it for a moment in Revelation to seal the 144,000 Jews.

Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Hoti you tereo the logos of my hypmone I kago tereo se ek the hora of periasmos ho shall mello erchomi epi holos the oikoumene to periazo them that katoikeo epi ge

Because you guard the word of my steadfastness i also keep thee from the hour of trouble which be about to come upon all the inhabited earth to try them that dwell upon the earth as standing in place.

Sounds very much like the Tribulation is coming and those who are saved of the church will not be required to go through it.

That is exegesis your turn to exegete Revelation 3:10. I gave you the Greek with the grammatical portion we have to add for clarity.

#73 revmwc, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015
  14. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually it's what we call "I see Jesus!"

Revelation 19:11-16

King James Version (KJV)

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords.

Because we do not eisegete the Scripture.

Everything is left intact.

God bless.

15. OldRegular

The following is not exegesis, it is opinion, bias, brainwashing, whatever!

16. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apart from the name calling this has been a really good thread because (to OR's credit) folks have been made to think through their position(s).

Although I think brother OR has inadvertently led to a greater understanding and strengthening of many "dispies" view.

I really do appreciate his zeal (Maybe even admire it, but don't tell him I said that).

HankD

17. OldRegular

Thanks for the kind words brother Hank but I fear I have failed in my mission in life!-:smilewinkgrin:

18. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you think that Darby is the one that created the concept of dispensations in Theological circles?

God bless.

19. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just wow! I cannot understand what kind of standard would lead one to believe that. Certainly not one that would fly in academic circles.

20. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

You're not dead yet. :)