1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Death penalty debate fueled by 'bad Ohio execution' and firing squad legislation

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by thisnumbersdisconnected, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not realize how accurate the following quotation from Jaroslav Hašek really is, if anything this thread has proven that Švejk was in his pronouncement.

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You keep reiterating the same illogical point.

Please concentrate and try to explain how the commandment to execute murderers in any sense makes murder of the unborn child okay?

Genesis 9:6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

3. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Simple. Obviously there were pregnant women in those countries. They and their child would be killed ... worse than abortion.

But the innocent person you advocate executing did not shed blood. So why do you advocate executing innocent people?

Again, show me where Christ advocates killing innocent people.

4. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You need to show us where Jesus said that murderers should not be executed.

You have totally failed to show that Genesis 9:6 has anything to do with abortion but you do not withdraw your false charges along that line.

I am not sure what you are talking about with pregnant women, but I assume that you mean that someone like Jodi Arias, for example, should not be executed if she were pregnant. That is another straw man on your part because women deliver before they are executed.

Genesis 9:6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

Your charge that the death penalty and abortion are linked by Genesis 9:6 is false. In fact, you have not even bothered to try to find a link there or to discuss the verse word by word or any of the other verses that have been posted here.

In short, you have not based your point on any verse of Scripture whatsoever.

You lose the debate by the rules of debate.

#104 church mouse guy, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
  5. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Crabby is at the point that he can no longer justify (even in his own mind) his liberal ramblings, so he's just foaming at the mouth to get something(?) out.

His equating an aborted, 'scuse me, murdered, baby to a convicted and executed killer has put him totally out of touch with any semblance of reality.:BangHead::BangHead:

6. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe CBT is a religious leftist or maybe it is just the water in Europe.

7. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, you are just trying to avoid answer the question. Where did Jesus say it is all right to execute innocent people? Your proof texting proves nothing.

You can base your life on OT law if you want and ignore the teachings of Christ. As for me, I will follow his teachings to the best of my ability.

Only because you do not want to see it as it prove your position impossible.

Actually you brought up the scripture and its logical conclusion shows you are not pro-life regardless of what you say.

Again, show me were Jesus taught it is all right to execute innocent people.

“Jesus Christ was innocent too,' said Svejk, 'and all the same they crucified him. No one anywhere has ever worried about a man being innocent. Maul halten und weiter dienen ['Grin and bear it and get on with the job'] - as they used to tell us in the army. That's the best and finest thing of all.”
    ― Jaroslav Hašek, The Good Soldier Švejk

#107 Crabtownboy, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
  8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I asked you to show how Genesis 9:6 is pro-choice and you have declined to show that but blamed me for not agreeing with you and said that I am not pro-life. It seems that you are the only one on this board who believes that Genesis 9:6, and the other verses cited by others, is a pro-choice verse.

As for the Old Testament, I imagine that you yourself now and then refer to the Ten Commandments but I could be wrong. Jesus did quote the Old Testament. But then the law given to Noah would predate the Ten Commandments. I think that everyone is waiting for you to put the icing on the cake by showing where in the New Testament Jesus said that the death penalty was now no longer necessary.