1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Defending Biblical Dispensational Teaching. What Are Your Questions

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JD731, Aug 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it does not. ". . . them . . ." and the "Israel of God."

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who would be all saved Jews and Gentiles!

3. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not sure-never looked at it much.

4. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Funny I feel the same way about Calvinism it's a false doctrine
    MB

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except Jesus and paul held it!

6. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That’s fine. I won’t question your salvation because we disagree.

peace to you

7. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know robycop3 there is no reply necessary, read scripture!... YOU DO NOT KNOW THE KJV!... You think you do?... YOU DON'T!... We're done here!... Brother Glen

#147 tyndale1946, Aug 4, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  8. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is clear from this thread is that those who believe dispensationalism cannot defend their beliefs in light of scripture. They cannot answer any questions beyond regurgitating “that’s for the church age only” when scripture demonstrates that is untrue.

Given the choice between embracing the truth of scripture in context and holding on to the unbiblical dispensation theology, they ignore the truth of scripture and maintain dispensationalism is the only thing that makes sense.

Some will arrogantly suggest is you are unable to “perceive” the truth of dispensationalism, you should re-examine whether you are “born again”.

Bottom line, this thread did not defend dispensationalism nor answer questions concerning it.

peace to you

9. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

The answer is no, but unlike you I have not posted ridiculous claims that I have no biblical reason to believe.i have given you my reasoning from the only source I know from which to determine truth that no one could know without it. You have only whined and made allegations about things you don’t believe without explaining why you don’t believe it and you have only given us your opinion. You are expressing nothing from the standpoint of light and knowledge.

I am not interested in what you believe until you can prove it in context from the scriptures without conflicts in doctrine. I will dismiss you and wait for a dialog with a more mature thinker.

10. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    I gave you scripture. Ephesians says the two groups, Jew and Gentile, have been made into one new man by the work of Jesus on the cross. It further states that truth will demonstrate the grace of Christ “in the ages to come”. There is no separate future for Israel and the Church.

You cannot maintain your false theology in light of this truth from scripture, so you ignore what it plainly states and would have the work of the cross of Christ undone so your theology can stand.

When you cannot answer the truth of scripture you “dismiss” the person as an immature thinker.

You are deceived by a false theology. I pray God Holy Spirit convict you of that truth.

Until then, dismiss all you want.

peace to you

11. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I likely know the KJV better than you as the same proof Scriptures I provided from newer, better versions are in the KJV. Otherwise, you wouldn't've asked me to provide Scriptural proof for the millenium.

12. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    So here a summary of your arguments. First you say Jesus fulfilled the law. When I point out that Jesus said in Matthew 5:17 that He came to fulfill the law and the prophets, you said He didn’t fulfill the law and the prophets.

“Read it carefully”, you said
    Now, this statement demonstrates two things. You are stunningly ignorant of OT prophecy concerning the rejection and death of the Messiah and that you read your false theology into every passage of scripture in an attempt to make scripture conform to the theology.
    Here you prove my latter point. No matter what Scripture teaches in context, you will not believe it if it conflicts with your doctrine.

And so, you will remain blind to the truth of scripture in favor of embracing your false doctrine.

peace to you

13. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One more time and get it through your noggin... This is not talking about the millenium. I believe in an eternal resurrection, I don't believe in a millenium or a rapture... Check your Catholic resources Baptist and you'll find it!:oops:... I let the cat out of the bag!... Oh Well!... Brother Glen

14. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just to make this clear.

In this post you readily admit you will not accept the truth of scripture in context if it conflicts with your doctrine.

You then accuse me of being an immature thinker.

Peace to you

15. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    John wrote that there is;
    Rev_7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel..
    What a bunch of hooey! Just typical Calvinist insults. Your only means of defense is your blasted insults

You are imature;

16. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    And so we disagree.

Thanks for the conversation

peace to you

17. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Th “Israel of God” from Romans is referring to all those among Jews and Gentiles who are the children of the promise by having accepted Christ as Savior and are now part of the Church.

peace to you

18. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.