1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Did Christ Atone for ALL humans?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Robert William, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never said to ignore them. I do not.:)

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ohhhhh no no...don't tell that to these guys. :)

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You have proved your point well enough.
    You follow Calvin and not Christ or the Scriptures. That belief was unknown before Calvin, or perhaps before Augustine. It certainly wasn't taught by the Apostles.

BTW, this subject is not about Calvin. You are the one off topic.
    The title of this thread is DID CHRIST ATONE FOR ALL HUMANS?

2Peter 2:1 states with all certainty that he did.

4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Indeed I have, through countless posts on the subject.

What's with you? Why, as a mod, do you insist on going on that dishonest path?
    That's because you don't know true Church History. And when you do you seek to twist it beyond recognition. You have never heard of Gottshalk, Bradwardine, Wycliffe and Tyndale on the subject, or even Bucer?
    Augustine taught it as well as the Apostles and Jesus.
    Yet you brought his name up twice in this post of yours.

And it should have been more correctly called: Did Christ's death atone for the sins of all humanity?

But that perhaps would have been too long for the heading space.
    You are quite mistaken. But as I said before, this thread will soon close. Please start a thread on 2 Peter 2:1 and I will gladly join in.

5. Protestant

Protestant Well-Known Member

Total Depravity: Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
    A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
    No one is good except God alone.

Unconditional Election: Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you.

Limited Atonement: I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.
    Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.

Irresistible Grace: And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
    And they straightway left their nets, and followed him.

Perseverance of the saints: For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

6. Protestant

Protestant Well-Known Member

Amen, brother Rippon.

How often have I heard the argument: "I have my Bible and the Holy Spirit. That is all I need."

Those who hold to such philosophy wear their pride, arrogance and dullness of wit on their sleeves.

They know better than the Lord who placed into His Body apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

They who hold to such ignorance are they who believe the Holy Spirit has gifted them above all Christians of the past, for they need no tutoring when it comes to rightly dividing the word of truth.

Of such it is written:

[They are] ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

7. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

Amen! Preach it, bother! I've never seen it stated any better or more truthfully. The Magisterial Reformers and Roman Catholics -- all state churchists -- persecuted, maimed, mutilated, tortured, and murdered dissenting Christians and each other in the name of Jesus Whose name they professed.

#227 Rebel, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2015
  8. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is rare for a person who is saturated with Scripture to be void of Christ.

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Really? I know of a Muslim that has the NT memorized word for word.
    Is he full of Christ or void of Christ?

10. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you know the meaning of rare?

By the way, what Bible version has he done this amazing feat in?

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It really doesn't matter what version it was. It no doubt was the version of his native or mother tongue.

12. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But he was from a Muslim country? What kind of Muslim has the New Testament memorized?

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Muslims are deeply religious. So are many others in other world religions. They not only memorize their own scriptures they often memorize the holy books of others which they also consider sacred. They often put Christians to shame. Christians slack off (perhaps they depend too much on "grace"). But these people depend on works and are motivated both by works and fear.
    There are many Islam apologists that have great portions of the Bible memorized, just like Catholic apologists are more familiar with their Bibles than the average Christian.

14. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A true Muslim cannot consider the Bible --especially the N.T. to be sacred.

Is he a devout Muslim? He can't be an iman.

15. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me... That's the OT and NT!... God is his judge not me!... Brother Glen

16. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

No, because if He did, then all humans would be saved, since by His stripes we were healed or saved 1 Pet 2:24

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Peter tells the believers that it was by Christ's stripes, meaning His death, that they were healed. That word healed iaomai means:

I.to cure, heal

II.to make whole

A.to free from errors and sins, to bring about (one's) salvation

His stripes effects or brings about ones Salvation, it makes them whole !

And we know this effect does not occur to the whole human family without exception !

17. Robert William

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh:They are the only religion that prays with their ass up in the air. :laugh:

18. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

well...this was fun while it lasted...

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We like to use the word "arse" in here.... provides a little less directness.....oh, sorry you are a direct type a guy...ah :laugh:

20. Robert William

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbs:

Amen, after all, scripture does teach us that Jesus gives us teachers to help equip the saints and fight against the gainsayers.

Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
    Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
    Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.