1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Did Christ Atone for ALL humans?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Robert William, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert William

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :eek:
    :eek: God discriminates :eek:

Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
    Rom 9:14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
    Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
    Rom 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
    Rom 9:17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
    Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
    Rom 9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
    Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
    Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
    Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
    Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

2. robustheologian

robustheologian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You beat me to it. That's the go-to-verse. :thumbsup:

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That contex of God not being a respector of persons in salvation refers to him being free to offer and to save whomsoever he desires, regardliss if they be male/female/jew/Gentile etc, NOT that all have the equal footing to getting saved by him!

4. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John 10:24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.

25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30 I and my Father are one.

No... His blood sacrifice is only for his sheep!.. But he was resurrected for ALL mankind... Otherwise there is no resurrection for any... The just and unjust... Brother Glen

#84 tyndale1946, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2015
  5. Robert William

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who are the sheep and who are the goats? Why do the sheep hear God's voice or scriptures? Did Jesus atone for the goats?

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't understand the logic of the conclusions (I disagree with the premise of the first situation, but I don't understand the logic of the second one). Guess I'm a little slow today, but a little help would be appreciated.

7. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You gave an unbiblical scenario... A yes or no is not possible!... I believe in election!... There will also be a resurrection of the just and unjust. There is no atonement for the goats? But their is a resurrection for them... God gave his Son the sheep to save. He left the others where they were. Without the blood atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ... Were ALL Goats!... Brother Glen

8. Robert William

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no hope or salvation for a goat, they are doomed because the Holy Spirit will pass over them, in other words the Holy Spirit will never regenerate them. They are not His sheep and Jesus did not atone for their sins.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    well if Christ atoned for all, then wouldn't all go to heaven?

10. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since I am not a sheep or goat inspector I will leave it in Gods hands who will judge the quick and the dead... Both resurrected by Christ!... The goats to eternal damnation and the sheep to eternal glory that Jesus paid for with his blood... Brother Glen

11. Robert William

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok then :) As long as you don't believe there is any hope for the goats, because they are not part of the Predestined Elect.

12. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never!.. In fact my favorite scripture in the Bible is against it!

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

In fact I just posted a question Was Christ resurrected for the ungodly? Lot of views but no responses yet... Brother Glen

13. Robert William

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Will God justify those who are not predestined?

I may be wrong but I suspect that you may be a free willy.

14. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I'm a free willer. I'll openly admit to being a free willer. I'll offer scripture to it. I'm sure you can offer scripture to your point of view.

15. Robert William

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  16. Robert William

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  17. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I saw it. We get it. You don't believe man has any will of his own. Good for you.

How did you come to that conclusion?

If you truly believe that man has no free will, then you have to say that you came to that conclusion by means of special revelation from God. That would be very much in line with what several Cals on this forum have stated, saying that they came to their belief by means of God revealing it to them. Whether they admit it or not, it's a way of saying "I'm closer to God because He's shown me something that He hasn't shown you." One of the hyper-Cals in particular questioned the salvation every BB member who did not hold to TULIP as the gospel.

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

At least you are defining what a Hyper Cal really is:applause:

19. Robert William

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tony, are you rebelling against all the scriptures in that article?

Tony, man makes decisions every day, for example what tie he will wear or what he would like for supper etc... the point I'm trying to show you with scripture is man after the fall is spiritually dead and wants nothing to do with God and the gospel. The natural man makes decisions in accordance with his sinful nature, the spiritual or regenerated man willingly embraces the gospel because he has been supernaturally changed.

20. Robert William

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've been born from above for more than thirty years and have never met a hyper Calvinist, it's just a lashing out of anger to try to protect their free will idol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.