1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did God make other saceint life in the Cosmos? (other than human or angles)

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Thinkingstuff, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

What? God does want glory and worship, and rightly so! He is jealous for it!

If he wants vast space with no intelligent life to glorify his limitless nature, I say all the better.

2. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

It all serves to declare the handiwork of God Almighty. IMHO, I think that it all serves to keep us alive in this physical universe. Each Galaxy pulls on it's neighbor galaxy. Every galaxy has a massive black hole that makes all it's stars rotate. There are things out there that are very harmful.
    • Supernovas
    • Quasars
    • Cosmic Rays
    • Radiation
    Any of which could wipe life off this planet in an instant. Seeing then, the dangers that are out there, it is praise worthy to lift up the name of our Creator for the protection of His divine hand. Even if there is no other life like us out there. BTB, We have been sending a radio message out there for the better part of a generation now. We have as yet to get an answer. 40 years of calling ET and all we get for our trouble is static. SETI

Beam me up Scotty. [​IMG]

3. billwald

billwald New Member

God intentionally makes stuff that can kill us all so that we will thank him for not letting his invention kill us all?

4. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All we can say for sure on that is that if there is 'stuff' on our own planet or "out there" than can kill us all-- and no doubt there is-- He created it.

5. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

How many volcanoes have wiped out whole cities? A supernova can take out whole planets. Yes, "His invention" could kill us.

6. billwald

billwald New Member

Is that an example of "intelligent design" and good planning?

If my kid fell out of the boat and I pulled him back in, he would thank me. If I pushed him out of the boat and pulled him back in???

7. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

The bad stuff in the world is a result of sin. We are in a fallen world.

8. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That's a bad assumption. Just because something can kill us doesn't mean its a result of a fallen world. Plataka makes a good point saying that the Universe provides functionality all of it working to support us. Possibly we need a universe this enormous size in comparison to us to hold the natural laws in order. Especially if you consider string theory in which the universe is like a painting with layer upon layer to include multiverses etc...

Still if its out there to just say: "God is big" though that is somewhat useful it seems to go against the economy of God. We can see how the microscopic nothing is wasted. Why would it be any different on a larger scale?

9. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    double post sorry

#69 Thinkingstuff, Feb 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2009
  10. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  11. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I see your point but I still dispute the belief that because there is no intelligent life that space is "wasted." As you say, perhaps all the stuff out there in terms of heavenly bodies, things floating around, whatever, help the universe to operate. There is no need for creatures out there with intelligent life.

12. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

No need. But it makes great movies.

Also we already know there are two sacient species created by God. We know angels are sentient and that we are. Why not more?