1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Do The Jews Worship God of the Bible Still?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Yeshua1, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salvation has always been by faith, and Jesus has always been the Object of that faith.

Romans 9 But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For they are not all Israel who are descended from Israel; nor are they all children because they are Abraham's descendants, but: "THROUGH ISAAC YOUR DESCENDANTS WILL BE NAMED." That is, it is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants.

1 Peter 1 As to this salvation, the prophets who prophesied of the grace that would come to you made careful searches and inquiries, seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow.

Luke 24:27 Then beginning with Moses and with all the prophets, He explained to them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures.

Acts 3 "But the things which God announced beforehand by the mouth of all the prophets, that His Christ would suffer, He has thus fulfilled. Therefore repent and return… and that He may send Jesus, the Christ appointed for you, whom heaven must receive until the period of restoration of all things about which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time. "Moses said, 'THE LORD GOD WILL RAISE UP FOR YOU A PROPHET LIKE ME FROM YOUR BRETHREN; TO HIM YOU SHALL GIVE HEED to everything He says to you. 'And it will be that every soul that does not heed that prophet shall be utterly destroyed from among the people.' "And likewise, all the prophets who have spoken, from Samuel and his successors onward, also announced these days.

Romans 4 Is this blessing then on the circumcised, or on the uncircumcised also? For we say, "FAITH WAS CREDITED TO ABRAHAM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS." How then was it credited? While he was circumcised, or uncircumcised? Not while circumcised, but while uncircumcised; and he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while uncircumcised, so that he might be the father of all who believe without being circumcised….For the promise to Abraham or to his descendants that he would be heir of the world was not through the Law, but through the righteousness of faith.For if those who are of the Law are heirs, faith is made void and the promise is nullified; for the Law brings about wrath, but where there is no law, there also is no violation. For this reason it is by faith, in order that it may be in accordance with grace, so that the promise will be guaranteed to all the descendants, not only to those who are of the Law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all

2. anerlogios

anerlogios Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree Abraham, Moses, and David believed in the Messiah. They didn't know the Messiah as Jesus though. Jews believe in the Messiah...they are just ignorant to the fact that Jesus is he.

I do understand what you are saying. "No one who denies the Son can have the Father" (1 John 2:23). All I'm saying is that the object of Jewish worship is Yahweh...but unlike Christians they cannot worship him "in Spirit and in truth" (John 4:24).

3. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the object of their worship is someone they think doesn't exist? Someone they reject?

4. anerlogios

anerlogios Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Succinctly, I'm saying that they direct their worship towards Yahweh while rejecting His Son.

You can direct your worship towards God all the while it being invalid. The Jews direct their worship towards God while rejecting Jesus (1 John 2:23)...invalid worship. Some Christians direct their worship towards God while rejecting their brothers/sisters (1 John 4:20)...invalid worship.

5. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yahweh IS the Son!

6. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 2:28-29. 'For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outwardly in the flesh; but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter, whose praise is not from men but from God.'

Galatians 3:7. 'Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham.'

7. Jope

Jope Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right. So Paul is saying that God is a liar and can't keep His covenants. Good thing God won't keep His covenant with us either then eh

8. Jope

Jope Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: KJV Rom. 11:25

True or false?

V23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;

And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. 1 Tim 1:12,13

Did Paul turn himself from unbelief or did Jesus turn him from unbelief unto belief, unto being of the faith of Abraham?

10. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is Yahweh also the Father?

11. Jope

Jope Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How does that have anything to do with the topic?

Also, don't insinuate a false position of mine. I am not claiming that Paul turned himself from unbelief. Where did that come from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am agreeing with you. Paul would have been one of the election of grace. Those traveling with him must not have been at that time. It also does not mean they will not be saved.

Sorry I upset you.

13. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. Yahweh is the Covenant God, the Lord Jesus Christ.

14. Jope

Jope Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you're referring to the nation of Israel who now disbelieves, no they won't be saved (right now). Those travelling with Paul on the road of Damascus (if that's what you're referring to) were likely not saved (if they were disbelieving Jews). Dispensational theology teaches that the nation of Israel will be saved after the tribulation and after the present church is raptured.

15. anerlogios

anerlogios Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Patristically, Yahweh is the Father...Jesus is the Son of God/Yahweh.

16. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus (Yahweh) answered, If I ( Yahweh) honour myself (Yahweh), my (Yahweh) honour is nothing: it is my Father (?Yahweh Elohim-of·us?) that honoureth me (Yahweh); of whom (?) ye (Jews) say, that he is your God: (hear-you ! Israel Yahweh Elohim-of·us Yahweh one) John 8:54

17. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the bible is wrong in Joel 2:32, Rom 10:9, 13 Isaiah 40:3 Matthew 3:3?

18. Martin Marprelate

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, never. Is it in the Bible?

Actually, yes, I have read it, and I know enough to know that it cannot contradict the verses I quoted to you. For your homework tonight, why not do some study and work out how Romans 11:28-29 are reconciled with Romans 2:28-29 and Galatians 3:7 (not to mention Romans 9:6-8)?

19. Jope

Jope Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why not [personal insult and crude language edited] read some dispensational theology and you'll have your answers?

#59 Jope, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2017
  20. Martin Marprelate

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK. So we have all three stages of incompetence in your posts.
    First error, then bluster, and finally insult. Congratulations! You are now on ignore.

#60 Martin Marprelate, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.