1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Do The Jews Worship God of the Bible Still?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Yeshua1, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you do disagree with what he wrote then, correct?

2. Jope

Jope Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Preaching to the choir bro.

Just because they had their atonement doctrine correct doesn't mean it has to contain Christ's atonement. Atonement was in the OT. Christ's atonement was based on Old Testament principles. Why do you think John calls Christ the lamb of God?

3. anerlogios

anerlogios Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly.

4. anerlogios

anerlogios Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even though that's a loaded question, of course the Bible is right about everything it teaches...but people mess up by claiming the Bible says something it doesn't.

Point blank: I'm saying it is incorrect to say that the object of Jewish worship today isn't Yahweh…which is why their Scriptures (and ours) read: “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.” (Deuteronomy 6:4-5)

Like I said, it seems like you’re adamant about your position and that’s fine. But the above is what I’m saying and anything implied outside of that is misrepresenting my point.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Jews referenced in Deuteronomy accepted the promise of the coming Messiah. Today's Jews reject the Messiah.

This has already been covered. Did you miss it?

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you believe that Jesus is the father, or is a separate person also called yahweh, just as Father is?

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The OT that Jews use is still inspired, and still points them to the real God, unlike Koran and Islam, which is a false god!

8. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

How am I to understand John 8:54

Copied post 56
    Jesus (Yahweh) answered, If I ( Yahweh) honour myself (Yahweh), my (Yahweh) honour is nothing: it is my Father (?Yahweh Elohim-of·us?) that honoureth me (Yahweh); of whom (?) ye (Jews) say, that he is your God: (hear-you ! Israel Yahweh Elohim-of·us Yahweh one) John 8:54

Who is Jesus?
    Who is the Father?
    Who is God?

Do the Jews today worship any one of the three? Do they not still believe that the one Jesus called his Father is their God?

9. anerlogios

anerlogios Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To believe that Jesus is the Father is modalism (a heresy). Jesus is a person of Yahweh. Jesus is God and yet not the Father.

10. anerlogios

anerlogios Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My brother, I am not the one that is missing anything. Peace to you.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chiliasm6000

Chiliasm6000 New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am writing this response to try and educate you. First, as a grafted in branch, you need to tread lightly with your sanctified theological stick with which you are beating us over the head. You are correct regarding the Trinity, but before you come on tobtjis forum and strut your knowledge and boasting you better go do your homework. I think a thorough understanding of the Brit Hachadasha and in particular Romans 11 is in order. You can repeat your self all day about the the Trinity and the Godhead, but your claim that Jews worship a totally different God still doesn't wash. Go study Romans 11 and go back and find every Tanach reference the apostle Sh'ual used to argue his point and then maybe, just maybe the scales of Replacement Theology might fall from your eyes.

12. Pastorjack

Pastorjack New Member
    Site Supporter

I see most people need to know more than they do. The Jew has two definitions. One is a geographical definition. One who originates from Israel. The other is a religious designation. Those who were the people of God (believers) had the religious designation. So, Converts, aalthough not born is Israel, were deemed Jews. When we get into the New Testament, those who believed in the triune God were first called Christians as a smear or joke when they were in Antioch. Christian as they did everything the same as Christ.
    One must understand that God's people are one. Pre New Testament there were Jews and Gentiles. Those who believed God, those who did not. Paul was called to preach to the Gentiles. When they were saved they became Christians and were no longer Gentiles as that was a designation for the unbeliever.
    For that matter, they could have also been called Jews as Jews was a term showing them as people of God. So believing geographical Jews are Jews or Christians or whatever they are called but the bottom line is God's people are the people of God. Remember, But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: Jesus said a Jew wasn't one of a physical nature but a descendant of faith. So, if you are a believer you are a Christian, or a Jew and so all true Jews (not Biological) worship the same God.

13. Christine Baker

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Man, I think your getting carried away on a side issue. Of course Jews believe in a Messiah! Their whole 'religion' is based on the saving grace of God. They just mostly don't realise it's Jesus and are still waiting for him to come. As with all ppl, some will rely on their own works for salvation n others will simply accept the salvation of the Messiah, the Christ.

14. diffrent123

diffrent123 New Member
    Site Supporter

I have not read the whole thread. But I believe Jewish people DO believe in the same God as there is only one God in the Bible. They do except Jesus was the foretold Messiah . They are still waiting upon his arrival that's the difference.

15. Bishop Dave

Bishop Dave New Member
    Site Supporter

Of course they do. They simply believe that the Messiah has not yet arrived. Abraham believed and longed to see His day. The devout Jew today "longs to see His day". Those who have seen the light realize He has come in the person of Jesus. Those who are still in the dark (as were most of the Pharisees), do not believe Jesus is the messiah.

16. diffrent123

diffrent123 New Member
    Site Supporter

Sorry that was meant to say

They simply do not except Jesus as the messiah. They are still waiting.

It doesn't mean they don't believe in the same God as us in my opinion.

17. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow. I'm guessing you and a half dozen others on this thread have no clue of 'why' this threefold warning:

2 Beware of the dogs, beware of the evil workers, beware of the concision:
    3 for we are the circumcision, who worship by the Spirit of God, and glory in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh: Phil 3

The naivety that you all are demonstrating is precisely 'why'. This naivety toward the Jews makes you vulnerable to Judaizing, the very first heresy. It's like a 180 degree return to the first heresy of the Church.

• Like Like x 1
  18. John of Wood Green

John of Wood Green New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most DO except Jesus as the Messiah, as well as not accepting Him.

19. Exousian

Exousian New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Jews as a nation believe in the God of Abraham but they rejected Jesus as the Messiah.
    Joh 3:1-2 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: (2) The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
    Joh 1:10-12 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. (11) He came unto his own, and his own received him not. (12) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

They were looking for a conquering deliverer who would set up his kingdom an rule the Earth. Thus we read Mat.20:21 And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom.

Because they rejected Christ, God has temporarily blinded their eyes

Rom_11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

However, when Christ returns the second time to them, he shall delver them from severe persecution described in Jer. 30:7 Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he shall be saved out of it.
    Thus is referred to as the great tribulation period. At the end of that period Jesus returns and is received by the Jewish nation as the Messiah.

During this age, which is called the church age and the times of the Gentiles, the Jews, as a nation still pray to the God of Abraham which is the same God that we as Christians pray. However, they do not believe or understand that Jesus is God and have not received him as their Lord. Thus as a nation the Jews are lost but individual Jews can be saved just like anyone else.

As Christians we should be praying for the Jewish people because God's promises to Abraham still hold. They are God's covenant people and he is not finished with them.

Rom 11:25-29 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. (26) And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: (27) For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. (28) As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes. (29) For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

The salvation of the Israelite nation is a gift just like salvation of Gentiles is a gift from our gracious and loving God.

20. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I may make a small correction: Abraham actually did see the Lord Jesus' day (John 8:56); he saw Him with the eyes of faith. It was (most of) the Jews of Christ's day who did not believe in Him, and most Jews today who still do not believe in Him. That is why it is said that only those who believe (whether Jews or Gentiles) are sons of Abraham (Galatians 3:7).

Those who really love the Jews will be praying for them to come to faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and maybe contributing to missions to Israel. It is not love to tell Jews that they are saved or that they will be saved in unbelief.

There is only one people of God (John 10:16; Ephesians 2:14-18 etc.). This, of course, is not 'Replacement Theology,' but Inclusion Theology, 'That the Gentiles should be fellow-heirs of the same body....' (Ephesians 3:6).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.