1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you have to believe that Jesus is the 2nd Person to be saved?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Stanedglass, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Stanedglass

Stanedglass New Member

So is a person not fully saved until they fully understand the trinity and the order there of?

Please tell me when a person is saved?

2. Stanedglass

Stanedglass New Member

That's what we've been saying. If a person believes the Gospel and the Jesus Christ of that Gospel. Are they saved or not, or do they have to believe in that Jesus and understand that he's 2nd?

Why arn't you adding in 2nd to your qualifications of knowing Jesus above? Just curious!

3. Stanedglass

Stanedglass New Member

Again, we must have knowledge of the Gospel. That Jesus died for our sins, was buried, and rose again the 3rd day. Where is it saying that we must believe that Jesus who is number two in the Trinity, died, was buried, and rose again.

4. Stanedglass

Stanedglass New Member

If someone else puts their faith in the Christ of the Bible before knowing anything about (according to you) "his position" we still have put our faith in the christ of the bible.

If I met Barak Obama (although I really dont care to LOL) and did not know he was the President...Did i still meet the President?

5. Stanedglass

Stanedglass New Member

Ignorant Faith in Jesus is the best kind. Just like little Children! B/c no matter what we believe or think, we do as he says!

The nice white round piece of cement would sink before we grab it!

6. Stanedglass

Stanedglass New Member

You are right. Square one ws founded upon the Scripture of believing that Jesus was God. Not that he was 2nd! :)

DHK, you like the UFC? Just a personal question! Trying to get to know you a little better! Has nothing to do with debate or you as a Christian, just curious!

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

They have always been co-equal and there always has been rank; not that one is more important than the other; but rank as in functionality and in position and order--not importance or equality.

What did Stephen see (which gives us a picture of what is the present):

Acts 7:55-56 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
    56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Jesus sits on the right hand of God. I believe he stood on this occasion as a special welcome to Stephen the first martyr of the Christian faith. There is much about the trinity that we don't understand. I don't ask you to try and understand it all. I just ask you to accept some very basic facts that are presented over and over again throughout Scripture: that there are three persons in one God: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (in that order), and that these three are one. They are co-equal, co-existent, and co-eternal, having different functions and purposes, and yet are three distinct persons, but at the same time being one God. I could give you a much more detailed definition but this is a simple one.

God the Father is first. God the Son in His glorified body sits at His right hand. And then their remains God the Spirit. We don't understand. We will understand more when we get to heaven. There are some things we will never understand but must accept by faith. The trinity helps to define God and differentiate him from other false religions.

8. Stanedglass

Stanedglass New Member

But it never said we had to have knowledge of the Trinity, just the Gospel!

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

If you assumed that he was #2 you would be wrong. And your perception of the President would be wrong. In a nation like Pakistan they have both Prime-Minister and President.

And in Britain, as you probably know, they have both Queen and Prime-Minister. It is important to know who is #1 and #2. If you don't know, it could get you into some political trouble.

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

A knowledge of the gospel, as you full well know, involves a knowledge of who Christ is. He is not the Christ of the J.W.'s, for example.

11. Stanedglass

Stanedglass New Member

And we need to add being born again in there! (John 3)

And Repentance and Baptism in there (Acts 2:38)

I'm just using that verse to say "You don't have to beleive that Jesus is 2nd, only that he is God!

All the other things like baptism, Repentance, Works, etc...not in this thread! Just want you to know that I'm not just limiting my self to John 8:24.

But for this debate, John 8:24 is all the scripture I need!

12. Stanedglass

Stanedglass New Member

I know I've said alot trying to play catch up. I addressed this in another post on down. Hopefully you found it by now...LOL

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No it isn't. That is not all that is required for salvation. That is a wrong view of soteriology. That is all there is to it.
    You must be born again, Jesus said. He said it three times. Don't you ever wonder why?

14. Stanedglass

Stanedglass New Member

And your point is???? LOL

Old Testament prophecys are true!

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yes their true. We can go back and forth quoting Scripture about the deity of Christ, which that verse does. But I thought you were more concerned with Christ being the second person of the trinity.

16. Stanedglass

Stanedglass New Member

The simple one is sufficient enough. I know the long version too...LOL.

But the fact remains, there isn't any scripture that says you need to beleive that Jesus is 2nd to be saved.

17. Stanedglass

Stanedglass New Member

Then is Jesus number one in your life or number 2? :tonofbricks:

18. Stanedglass

Stanedglass New Member

So if all I have to do is be born again, do i have to have to know Jesus is the 2nd person in the Trinity? Am i born again the moment i get the revelation of the Trinity? Or the moment I put my trust in the Jesus who died, was buried and rose again?

19. Stanedglass

Stanedglass New Member

Well, you kept quoting Mat 28:19 and 1st John 5:7 that said that the Father was always first and Jesus was always number 2.

I thought it added an intresting touch to the subject b/c now Jesus is prophesied as being the Almighty God and Everlasting Father. So with your logic behind this, that would put Jesus as the Father in 1st place!

I'm not trying to debate diety, just position as you stated earlier!

20. Stanedglass

Stanedglass New Member

WOW, I'm caught up finally, now I have to take my kids to the park so i can get behind again!