Does All Mean All...Does World mean All

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by rodneyo777, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Miss E Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Too wordy IMO. I don't trust people who have to use a lot of words to get their point across. They start speaking in their own wisdom rather than what the Truth of God's word has to say.

3. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All of the writers from his era wrote like that though, and just think that they jabe much to say to us, but many are so dumbed down bible wise, cannot get the gist!
    Will not take time to wade thru a Calvin, or a Wesley, but can get latest from Joel Olsen and Benny Hinn!

4. Miss E Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't agree with Joel Olsen's teaching's either. (and i've never heard of Benny Hinn)

What do YOU believe Yeshua? Have you given your opinion on whether God loves us, sinner and saved, but hates our sin? And that God saves us (I never said that we save ourselves), when we put our faith in trust in Him?

5. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a Reformed Baptist, but do not think we need to shout and get angry on each other in the Body over this, as long as can agree Jesus is Lord!

6. Miss E Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen Brother Yeshua. I agree. I don't want to be angry over debatable scripture when the root of the matter is Jesus is Lord.

But I still would like to know what your view is on the above questions, as even a so-called Reformed Anyone can have differing view points to a blanket of what their denomination believes.

7. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that God always has had a faithful Remanent that he called out in Israel and now in the Church, as all are enslaved by sin natures, and its takes the grace of God applied by the Holy Spirit to enable any of us to receive Jesus as lord!

8. Miss E Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    But do you believe that God loves us, saved and unsaved, but hates the sin? That is the main question me and the before person were debating.

9. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think God has a peculiar love towards His own elect!

10. Miss E Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you DONT agree that God loves the lost, the unsaved, and is, in fact, not a God who said Himself that He is Love.

I'll leave you all with the Word of God and I will be on my way. I pray that you hear what it says and understand that God Loves All, regardless of where we end up.

1 John 4:7-21

Knowing God Through Love

7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. 9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. 10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

Seeing God Through Love

12 No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us. 13 By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit. 14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world. 15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16 And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.

The Consummation of Love

17 Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. 19 We love [a]Him because He first loved us.

Obedience by Faith

20 If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, [b]how can he love God whom he has not seen? 21 And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.

11. Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

God loves the world, but as Y says, he has a set-apart love for his elect. Whether you're coming from an arminian or calvinist perspective of the elect, God saves them, and condemn the rest. Both are meritless, so it would be impossible to say believers are not favored.

12. Miss E Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't disagree that believers aren't more highly favored than unbelievers, but God still loves unbelievers. That's what i'm saying. And I don't believe God condemns anyone, unbelievers condemn themselves.

13. MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calvinism came out of Catholicism. You're a Calvinist you should know these things. The problem is you just won't admit it's true . You call your selves reformed which means you reformed the Catholic faith. Good fruit does not come from rotten trees
    MB

14. Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This is confused thinking. The original Church was not the same as the Catholic church that went astray in their soteriology. And the reformers did not successfully talk the Catholic church into changing their soteriology, so they branched off and formed the protestant denominations. They're not a branch of catholicism, they're protestors of catholicism.

In fact, most of the creeds we have are in response to error (bad trees). It's false to say truth never arises from error. Error is often the catalyst for truth movements.

15. Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Conviction of Inability comes before Repentance and Faith.

Once a soul is Convicted that they have NO ABILITY to do anything toward God, but sin,

... they DO NOT take up a philosophy about having some 'ability' to 'accept', or 'believe', or 'have faith', or 'choose', etc.

They already know they were IN NEED of A SAVIOR
    ... and that THEY WERE NOT IT.

16. Miss E Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just repeating the same thing to me doesn't make your belief that we do not choose to follow God or not of a conscious will is found anywhere in the Bible.

Did not Abraham have to choose to have faith in the OT before he was considered righteous before God?

Did not Paul have to make a decision to stop persecuting the church and follow God and tell others about Jesus before God saved him?

Do not YOU yourself have to CHOOSE to believe in Jesus as your Lord and Savior before God's redeeming power has saved your soul frpm hell?

If the above answers are 'no'. Then there's really nothing more I can do to convince you that you are wrong in your thinking that we do not have a choice.

And explain what the HECK you mean by 'once a soul is convicted they have NO ABILITY to do anything toward God, but sin'. Are you talking about those who reject God, committing the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, in which so, when they do that, God 'gives them up' to a debased mind?

Explain, and try to make yourself presentable like an intelligent human being and not someone who is just spouting off the same statements over and over like a mad man.

17. Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

For your mind to be thinking that you are 'thinking with the Mind of Christ' explains why there are no Bible passages stated.

Only, Reasoning with a mind cursed by sin can produce these things you're thinking.

You just call that 'The Mind of Christ' and Jesus Saying, "you WILL NOT Come unto Me" is just from a misguided sheep(?)

"You have not chosen Me".

"The foolish shall not stand in Thy Sight:
    Thou Hatest all workers of iniquity".

18. Miss E Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you're insinuating my lack of salvation, then you need to step back and look at yourself in the mirror.

You make utterly NO sense.

Can anyone else interpret what this man @Alan Gross is saying here? Nothing what he says adds up.

And interesting that just after that verse Jesus says: These things I command you, that you love one another. (John 15:17)

I AM NOT SAYING THAT GOD DID NOT CHOOSE HIS REDEEMED BEFORE THE TIME. That is just like saying He KNEW who would CHOOSE HIM BEFORE WE MAKE THE CONSCIOUS CHOICE TO FOLLOW HIM. Are you just ignoring what I am saying?

And you want sciptural proof that we make a conscious decision to forsake sin and follow Christ? Here you go!

But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name . . . John 1:12 (NASB)

. . . that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. Romans 10:9-10 (NASB)

How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? Romans 10:14-15 (NASB)

19. MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Absolute nonsense the Church of God existed long before Catholicism was ever thought of.Protestantism didn't either/. You believe this because you think the Catholic church was the first church. This is not true
    The RCC will produce the Anti Christ. It's a Godless church..
    MB

20. Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Which is exactly what I just said.