Does All Mean All...Does World mean All

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by rodneyo777, Jun 14, 2020.

1. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In this post, you provide a saving solution whereby Jesus had no need to die. All a person has to do is choose God or not choose God.
    Above we see the doctrine of works proposed by the act of repentance. Choose to repent and you are saved.

In this gospel, the atonement for sins is secondary and is only effectual if the human decides to believe it. The responsibility for salvation is entirely upon the human.

The ultimate desire of this teaching is to give humans all the control and strip God of any authoritative choice in saving anyone.

2. Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Did not Abraham have to choose to have faith in the OT before he was considered righteous before God? NO.

Did not Paul have to make a decision to stop persecuting the church and follow God and tell others about Jesus before God saved him? NO.

Do not YOU yourself have to CHOOSE to believe in Jesus as your Lord and Savior before God's redeeming power has saved your soul frpm hell? NO.

You have the wrong God in mind that you are discussing, with no Bible, btw.

The Conviction of a soul's ability to do nothing but sin takes place prior to God Granting Repentance and Faith.

"And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually."
    Genesis 6:5.

Conviction of the Inability of a naturally born Spiritually dead sinner comes to them before Repentance and Faith.

Once a soul is Convicted that they have NO ABILITY to do anything toward God, but sin,

... they DO NOT, then, take up a philosophy about having some 'ability' to 'accept', or 'believe', or 'have faith', or 'choose', etc.

They already know they were IN NEED of A SAVIOR, as a sinner without strength
    ... and that THEY WERE NOT IT.

'Inability',
    inability to 'accept',
    Dead Spiritually,
    Inability to 'believe' on their own,
    Inability to 'have faith' of their own,
    and the inability to 'choose', etc.,

ARE WHAT CONVICTION of SIN in THE SOUL
    of A LOST SOUL IS.

Conviction of Total Depravity takes place in the lost soul PRIOR to Repentance and Faith.

There is no discussion to be made about whether someone 'chooses', etc., when they have not been Convicted of their sinful inability to 'Choose', first.

Elect children of God are Chosen by God, from Eternity Past.

( 1.3 ) The ETERNAL GODHEAD DETERMINED the Rejection of Some Angels and of Some Men. – Aware of The Godhead

3. Miss E Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're TWISTING my words and putting words into my mouth and interpreting my words with your screwy interpretation.

MAN DOES NOT SAVE HIMSELF. Man must BELIEVE THAT JESUS DIED FOR THEM ON THE CROSS AND RECIEVE THE GIFT OF SALVATION THAT JESUS PAID ON TEH CROSS FOR US TO BE SAVED.

NO WHERE, NO WHERE DID I SAY MAN SAVES HIMSELF. You're an IDIOT.

4. Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Hmmm. I'm a little more concerned about a gospel absent of repentance. Repentance is decisional just like faith. Faith turns toward, repentance turns from. They are two sides of the same coin.

Hoping you don't deny the necessity of repentance. If so, you're rejecting Christ's teachings.

5. Miss E Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    OKAY. So basically all I see that you are saying is that God chooses for us, we have NO CHOICE whether we go to hell or go to heaven.

This is what I believe, what I believed when I became saved and will forever believe and oh BTW you totally ignored the scipture I presented at the end of my last post!!

THIS IS WHAT I BELIEVE:

Man is a sinner, rebellous against God. When that sinner is convicted of their sin by the Holy Spirit, they either CHOOSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE THEIR SIN and TURN TO GOD INSTEAD OF SIN, OR,

They continue sinning and do not believe God sent His only son to die for us on the cross. They believe in themselves essentially and are lost.

For any man or woman to be saved, they must CHOOSE, CHOOSE, CHOOSE, to follow Christ, to turn away from their sins and believe the Gospel.

JESUS SAVES US FROM HELL AND DAMNATION BECAUSE HE DIED IN OUR PLACE

ONCE WE BELIEVE IN WHAT HE DID AND TRUST IN HIM AS OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR

THEN WE ARE SAVED.

How hard is this to comprehend? This is the TRUTH OF THE BIBLE. How can anyone who isn't being deceived by the devil not understand that we have FREE WILL and WE CHOOSE, but GOD KNOWS WHAT WE CHOSE BEFORE WE WERE BORN. He knows all, He wouldn't be God otherwise.

To me Calvinism sounds like a false gospel. God have mercy on their blindness of you and your great love for us!!!

6. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All of those references actually support my take, as it refers to love for the fellow saints!

7. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We ourselves love our friends, but love our families even more so, so why would not God Himself reflect that also? God favors and loves His own children, as only they have a Covenant relationship with Him thru Lord Jesus!

8. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God can love them in the sense he created all of us, but He has a special Love for and towards his own now in Christ!

9. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our theology comes from scriptures alone, correct?

10. Miss E Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    But what about the Bible verse that tells us to 'Love thy enemies'? Why would WE be commanded to do just that and God doesn't have to follow His own rules?

-smh-

11. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If one wants to go to a bad root. what about the theology that sprouted roots from Charles Finny?

12. Miss E Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, fair enough. I agree with you there.

13. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unless the Ho;y Spirit Himself grants to us Grace to believe and receive Jesus as lord, none of us here would now be saved!

14. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First the Lord Himself must change us, giving to us new hearts and minds before can hear and receive Jesus thru faith!

15. Miss E Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you're inferring we have a choice to make once after the holy spirit convicts us of our sin, then yes, I agree with you.

16. Miss E Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You and I have that different. I believe the opposite. We believe, THEN Jesus changes our heart, giving us a new heart, taking away our heart of stone. You must first have faith, then Jesus will grant you the Holy Spirit and change your heart.

17. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    H
    Either God Himself saves us Himself, or we help and enable Him to be able to do such!

18. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that some have the wrong concept of biblical repenting, as some seem to teach must confess and forsake all known sins before getting saved, my take is that God commands us to repent of trying to save ourselves by human works and efforts!

19. Miss E Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How DIFFICULT is it to understand..... that we.....have to choose to love God.... He does the saving, YES, but WE HAVE TO WANT TO BE SAVED AND THAT IS ONLY BY ACCEPTING CHRIST AS OUR LORD.

A relationship is not a ONE-SIDED THING. God loves us, unconditionally, saved and unsaved (granted, more love toward His children since they chose Him but still has love for the lost), and we have to CHOOSE TO LOVE HIM BACK.

This is elementary root of saving faith!!! WITHOUT FAITH WE CANT BE SAVED. Christ chose us before we were born, I don't not agree with that, but we STILL HAVE FREE WILL OTHERWISE WE WOULD BE ROBOTS JUST SERVING A GOD WHO MADE US TO LOVE HIM.

20. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are indeed called to love and pray for our enemies, as we model the example of Jesus...