Does God judge and comdemn Sodom For Sins, or for gay lifestyles?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, as would I, but many on church and in pulpits refuse to label gay ways as sionful any longer!

2. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Az law would have stated that christians HAD to service gays within the local business, so had to serve dinner, take pictures, publish etc, which I FULLY agree with, but would you enjoy being forced by state to do that at a gay wedding?

3. Joined:
    Apr 11, 2013
    So what? None of those people are on this board, posting. When are you going to learn to separate those who "speak the truth in love" from the gay apologists? We are not the same people!! Open your eyes and your mind and learn something, please.
    The very ones described in Romans 1:18ff, whom I've already said are "salvageable, by the grace of God."

4. quantumfaith Active Member

Which churches refuse to label this as sin? Which ones? Are you speaking of those who intentionally separated themselves over this issue, such as Metropolitan Community Churches? Perhaps discord within the Episcopal denomination? Who are you unhappy with on this issue?

5. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Entire denominations, many pastors have taken on this cause, as they try to link agy rights to blacks trying to get rights, but problem is gays have ALl same rights I do, save for marriage, and God already told us what that was to be, so NO true christian can support that !

6. salzer mtn Well-Known Member

I've talked to plenty of gay's in the prison system and told them God will judge them for their life style. They always come back with, God loves me and it's wrong to judge. I have never told them smile, God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life. I think the reason there is a disagreement on this issue on this post topic is because Arminians believe Gods love supersedes all his other attributes.

7. quantumfaith Active Member

No one knows which attribute of God supersedes the others, not even you. But if I get a vote, love would be right up there at or near the top for me.

8. salzer mtn Well-Known Member

The word love is not mentioned in some of the books of the bible as Acts and Ruth but look up the word Holy as referring to Gods holiness and see if it's not mentioned more times in the bible than Gods love to mankind.

9. ktn4eg New Member

Arizona's Republican Governor Jan Brewer was practically forced to veto the bill that overruled the voters' choice not to cater to (or otherwise patronize gay couples' demands) that businessmen or women cow-tow to their demands that they recognize the ungodly concept of same-sex marriages or civil unions.

The so-called "Gay" community is backed by many very wealthy individuals and corporate businesses.

These individuals and businesses, backed by scores of high-powered lawyers and other legal associations are dead-set against our Constitutionally derived free exercise not to associate with persons or groups of people who practice lifestyles that we deem as either undesirable or ungodly.

They will draw up expensive law suit after expensive law suit in their attempts to shut down our businesses.

One case in point was that football's Super Bowl site location committee threatened to move that championship game out of Arizona (something that, BTW, had already been legally contracted by the NFL's duly authorized site selection committee to take place in within the borders of "The Grand Canyon State) to some other state unless our 48th State bowed to their demands.

I do not see this current ungodly trend being reversed anytime in the foreseeable future.

Certainly our present-day House of Representatives or Senate will little (if anything) at all to stop this trend--primarily because many of them have been the recipients of campaign donations by "gay" individuals and/or corporate businesses.

Moreover, our current "dictator-in-chief" at the other end of DC's Pennsylvania Avenue has long been a very vocal advocate for the "gay" community.

And it's not much different in most of our other state and local levels of government either. Many of them also owe their seats and/or positions of political power to these same people--thus these politicians will also do little or nothing to stop the "gay rights steamroller" from going on its merry and very destructive way.

One case in point is right here in Nashville.

Just a few years ago, our mayor and his cohorts that comprise the majority of Metro's City Council were forced to enact legislation imposing severe fines and/or penalties on any contractor that hopes to do any kind of business in Nashville unless that contractor can guarantee that a significant percentage or his/her work force are practicing "gays."

And this ordinance has provisions that impose fines retroactively to when the City of Nashville and Davidson County, TN, united to form the Metropolitan government way back in the early 1960's--IOW, a kind of ex-post-facto law that is in direct violation of our form of jurisprudence!

And that's just one example in one city in our nation. More than likely, some of us here in BB Land could probably cite similar blatant and unconstitutional acts in their own communities.

(Sigh .... :tear:)

10. evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually ex-homosexuals who have turned to Christ certainly do exist. Some have their testimonies on YouTube warning others that the lifestyle will send them to hell, and I know a couple members on another Christian forum whose testimonies involve being ex-homosexual. One of my online friends, a Christian who is into apologetics, has mentioned being an ex-gay, saying she had been in some same-sex relationships. I would never have guessed if she hadn't brought it up.
    The gay community isn't very accepting of ex-gays, either. They act as if they're traitors or something. I've seen it; well, online, anyway.

11. righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One thing is CLEAR!!!

The condition of today's church is in sad shape! :tonofbricks:

12. Inspector Javert Active Member

There's an ingenius standard....

GOD himself is not mentioned in the book of Esther......

GOD

Repetition of a word isn't the key.
    You are missing the forest for the trees.
    If you don't think that the ENTIRETY of the book of Ruth (which you mentioned) isn't essentially about "love" (the whole book) then you need to read it again.

Boaz loved Ruth. He truly DESIRED her. It's like....the onus of the whole book. It may as well be the O.T. version of Sleepless in Seattle. God's love for mankind oozes off of the pages of Scripture like a marinade.

Q.F. wasn't being dogmatic, and you don't have to particularly agree with him per se. It's an essentially non-quantifiable statement. It's not really either provable or disprovable...

But to act as though he's missing the boat...or is quantifiably "wrong" on this or something is way off.

13. Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbs:

Such Calvinist mindsets always gets me wondering if they lied to their children and told them Jesus loves them when putting them to bed at night or if they told them they hope they are one of the specially pre-selected few.

14. Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, I'm in AZ and for the last couple weeks have been explaining to milk feeding Christians out to support the gay agenda that it does not follow that calling homosexuality a sin means one is discriminating or is a hater - and that it would be rare for a mature Christian not to love them or would tell them that God doesn't love them - what I would hate is for them to be reading some of these posts.

15. salzer mtn Well-Known Member

Arminian mindset is to tell their children from the day they can understand that Jesus loves them and died for their sin, results: their children grow up believing they were Christians all their life.

16. salzer mtn Well-Known Member

God will not show love of saving grace to anyone at the expense of his justice, a just God and a savior Is 46:21

17. Inspector Javert Active Member

That doesn't make any sense Salzer....

Jesus loves them and died for their sin, yes we teach that because it's true.

But how does that automatically make them a Christian, or believe they are automatically Christians????

Answer:
    It doesn't. At least, unless you are a Calvinist wherein those for whom Christ died are DEFINITELY going to be saved. But that isn't an Arminian assumption.

So, your retort here is simply nonsense. It's illogical.

18. Inspector Javert Active Member

Duhh....

Who said anything about not being just???
    What phantoms are you debating with?

The ethereal ones having a conversation with you in your head?
    No one suggested that.
    No one will suggest that.

Everyone on this board already knows that.
    Everyone.

That was as informative as explaining to all of us that 2+2=4.

19. Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's right. We're speaking of those who put it on parade. That is the only way a "homosexual" can assert his identity. Open acts of sodomy.

20. salzer mtn Well-Known Member

The Arminian's gospel teaches, God loves you, Christ died for your sins, now it is up to you to believe this. I believe this, because I have been told all my life to believe this, so according to Arminian gospel, I am saved. 2+2=4