1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does God love everyone?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by annsni, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    DHK

yes...but this has nothing to do with your theory.
    People are already condemned apart from Christ.

Since the fall men are without excuse...this adds nothing here.

They speak against you when you speak against God and His truth, ascribing evil to Him....

you deny this truth...showing your hatred of the biblical God revealed truth...

this wicked posting does not belong on a Christian website.
    No where...not in one place,

Confused thoughts ....
    We all know what this is....
    Roflmao

yes...a lie...

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How Pelagian of you. On the contrary, can people obey the ten commandments? Don't break one of them in your answer.
    You are so wrong...again.

Jer. 7:16 : "So do not pray for this people nor ofer any plea or petition for them; do not plead with me, for I will not listen to you."
    Jer. 11:14 : "Do not pray for this people nor offer any plea or petition for them, because I will not listen when they call to me in the time of their distress.'
    Jer. 14:11 : "Then the Lord said to me, 'Do not pray for the well-being of this people.'
    John 17:9 : "I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours. Verse 20 :"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message."

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just called you out. That's all. No commentary written has your absurd conclusions.
    For every synergistic one there are perhaps a dozen or more Reformed commentaries.
    You didn't cite anything by Hunt. I attended a Hunt conference in the 90s and he couldn't defend his unbiblical positions with me (neither could anyone else there).
    MacDonald hurt your cause by saying "they have never been redeemed." It goes against your loopy view "A false teacher is one who denies that the Sovereign Lord has redeemed them."
    No, Walvoord did not take your view that "limited atonement" was the destructive heresy referenced in 2 Peter 2:1.
    You didn't bother giving a page number. Is the stuff in bold print your words --or Walvoord's?

#523 Rippon, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All your "Monster-God" garbage should be eliminated not only from your vocabulary --but your heart.
    Nine tenths of the time or more if you oppose what Calvin teaches you are opposing the Scriptures he so helpfully exegetes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christians here are amazed that you have audacity to say such an evil thing as that.
    It comes from God --not your mythical innate faith. But you believe you made your "decision" all by your lonesome --God was not involved. Oh, he may have been on the sidelines listening but he certainly did not want to impose on you. Your faith surely must be attributed to your superior wisdom and perception. After all, you have insisted that's how somone can come to Christ.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Philippians 1:29 : "For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for him."
    This "privilege" business is not in the text. You have inserted it. God grants --gives faith to certain ones according to His good pleasure.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

Agreed with all you said and the bold is duly noted. Thumbsup

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Internet Theologian

Truth. Saddening.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Internet Theologian

I know why I posted it, because belief is granted by God, not innate in man, and in this post you call me unsaved, a regular practice of yours and you do so trying to be covert and burying it in the mids of a long winded diatribe.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, he is Snidley Whiplash. He questions our salvation all the time on here. I am praying that Bro. Santha is taking notice of his underhanded tactics.

Belief resonates from God-given faith, a believing unto the saving of the soul. This God-given faith He richly bestows upon them that He loves.

#530 SovereignGrace, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Internet Theologian

Snidley Whiplash

Santha

lol!!!!!! :p

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oopsy!! Fixed it.

13. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rippon, you are confusing.

You post

Now I disagree, and have shown why I disagree. That you don't agree with my disagreement does not make by default your disagreement the correct view any more than your disagreeableness makes mine the correct view.

But then you say:

So, you are saying, that God doesn't love us, but will save us anyway? That isn't following the Scriptures.

For the Scripture principle (Romans 5) is that God proved His love through giving Christ while we were still sinful. Now, that would place the WE as all who were/are sinful and not to a subset of the whole.

Therefore, when you acknowledge that "All of us deserve..." then it must follow that God Love all and that some of the all believe and others who do not believe are condemned already.

You were doing good until you start with the critical remarks about the character of another.

There is no doubt that "God, in His mercy has reserved for Himself those who will be with Him for eternity."

That is the statement of Christ, "All the Father gives me will come to me...."

14. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really? Do those condemned, as the statements of John 3 and Revelation 21 indicate, are not committed to the flames based upon a single item or lack?

What condemns one to the flames if it is not unbelief?

I realize that some consider that sins condemn one to hell, and those that believe have their sins covered. They take the atonement as limited only to those whose names are written in the lambs book of life.

However, John's writing places the blood as for all, and those who believe are not condemned. That the limit of atonement is not a lack in the blood, but a lack of human belief.

Icon,
    It would seem that many of those who embrace limited atonement, have misplaced the limit upon that which cannot be limited, and yet not recognized the limit is what has always limited it throughout Scriptures.

For example in the OT, the sacrifices were daily offered, however, the people had to bring the offering and the offering was brought in obedience and more often (imo) belief in the law.

However, there was that offering that was not brought by the public, but by the high priest. It is that example of offering one offered for all the people without regard to their belief or unbelief.

Our Father brought the offering to the Cross, just as the Highest priest would bring the offering to the temple. Such offering was for all, and not conditioned upon the belief or unbelief, but given for all.

So, the limit of atonement is not a matter of weakness in the blood, but weakness in the human belief system.

That makes the mercy and grace of God far more effectual in the call, and far more directly personal in the application.

That God, so rich in mercy and grace, would look upon me and select of all so much better one who is so unworthy is beyond my ability to comprehend.

15. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will attempt to be clear. Soory for being murky. All of humanity stands guilty before God. Each and every one of us deserves eternal punishment. God, out of His mercy has determined to save certain ones. The rest are condemned to Perdition. All of those have been foreordained to that end --destruction.

Are you blind? DHK was besmirching the character of God! Talk about critical remarks about the character of Another!
    Good --it is perfectly biblical.
    All that the Father gives to Jesus will spend eternity in Glory with Jesus.

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I don't keep count.
    I usually get mocked when quoting Hunt (or at least it is Hunt that is mocked). His book is "What Love is This, Calvin’s Misrepresentation of God." The 18th chapter is all about Limited Atonement and one section is devoted to how this doctrine alone is controversial even among Calvinists. I didn't quote him because it goes without saying that most here either dismiss him outrightly or say that he is too extreme or biased.
    MacDonald succinctly states my view. You are misstating him by only partially quoting him.
    Look again:

He did not redeem the whole world. While His work was sufficient for the redemption of all mankind, it is only effective for those who repent, believe, and accept Him.

His work is sufficient for all the world. IOW he died for all the world (1Jn.2:2). The only ones redeemed are the ones that believed on him. That is what I have always believed.
    --When you quote Barnes or Matthew-Henry (whether from the Internet or software) do you give the page number? No. I told you plainly before I quoted him that I was quoting from his Bible Knowledge Commentary. Since he is the primary editor I simply use his name though I realize there are other contributing editors. My software edition does not give the names of those other editors. It is the Bible Knowledge Commentary that I am quoting from.

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

First Christ has nailed the Law to the cross. We are no longer under the law. He has fulfilled the law; we are under grace. No man can keep the law.
    However, Christ did say:
    Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
    --Note the verse says "My commandments," and not the law of Moses, which you referred to.
    Yes, we can keep His commandments, which are not grievous.

This post or response of yours needs half a dozen "funny" responses. You do make me laugh here.
    Realize what I said and what you are responding to:

I said Jesus (referring to his earthly ministry) had compassion on Israel.
    [He wept over Jerusalem; he healed them; cast out demons, etc.]

And then you respond with OT scripture!! Jeremiah lived more than 600 years before Christ walked this earth. What has that got to do with Jesus having compassion on Israel? That is a funny answer!

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

True. Do you have faith in your wife. It is the object of faith that is important.
    All men do not have spiritual faith. We are not speaking of the trust you put in your wife. Who do you trust for salvation? Your wife or Christ. All faith has an object. In regards to salvation what is the object of your faith?
    All men have faith; Jesus used children as an example of little ones possessing faith.
    Faith is confidence. The more you attack me the less confidence I have in you. The less you display the fruit of the Spirit, the less confidence I have in you (look at your signature line). You are not giving me much hope to put any or much faith in you. Why should I trust you? You see faith develops through a relationship or knowledge.
    In relationship to the gospel, the more the unsaved hears the gospel the more he will understand it and the more he will be convicted that it is true. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God (in reference to salvation). The difference here is that the promises of God are always true and faithful; man is not.
    All men have faith, but not in God; only those men who have faith in Christ will have the fruit of the Spirit, and then only if they are not acting carnally. Many who post carnally on this board do not display the fruit of the Spirit do they?
    Faith is faith. It is the object of your faith that is so important. After you put your faith in Christ, then Christ changes you. It is the same with love isn't it. Even the unsaved has love. But then there is a change in that love after one is saved. The same with faith.

If it doesn't need an object you are not saved. The object of one's faith must be Christ in order for one to be saved. "Put your trust in Christ," Believe on Him.
    The Bible doesn't use the term saving faith. Only Christ can save! He offers you the gift of salvation. It is salvation that is the gift. It must be accepted by faith.

19. Internet Theologian

This is what I have been saying all along, agedman purposefully and willfully overlooks the actions of 'the mod' and only comes in to malign those who defend themselves against his behaviors. It's hypocritical on his part.

20. Internet Theologian

Hey brother Iconoclast I was wondering why you disagreed with my statement quoted above, am willing to listen as to why.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.