1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Does the RCC have any boundaries?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Dec 19, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Duh, who do you think you are talking to? Of course I understand as does anyone who is a child of God…. But you make the mistake of preaching to the choir which your doing to many of the brethren on this forum. Perhaps you do not understand that many of us on the Baptist Board Forum are Baptists and therefore already Christian’s who regularly study scripture in order to understand Gods place for us in his kingdom. Therefore your habit of regurgitating scripture is unnecessary.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So why are there so few priests on the front lines? Who now administrators the Sacraments to the faithful?

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Cathode

Cathode Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There are generally enough priests to take of the existing flock, but broad acre pastoral work among the unchurched and unbelievers not so much. Unless they are a dedicated order for that work.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is and has always been a dedicated method for this ordination… it’s called the Holy Spirit. The method is saving grace through Regeneration and then Conversion.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Walter,

This is not true. The Catholic Church has been declining (more than the SBC....which is declining as well) worldwide.

The fastest growing Church in the world is currently the Pentecostal church.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am a member of the Pentecostal Holiness Church. I have sent a niece through Liberty University. Most of the pastors I know are Liberty University graduates.

Liberty University's Rawlings School of Divinity

In which boasts... The 275-foot-tall Freedom Tower and the large, three-story building encircling its base is home to the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity, the world’s largest school for religious studies and ministerial training. Liberty University defines itself as a Christian college that aligns with the evangelical tradition. But with the Thomas Road Baptist church nearby, arguably more Baptist.

So... We are a Pentecostal Holiness denomination filled with Liberty graduates.

• Like Like x 1
  8. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So... With the Liberty University influence comes change. The nearby Radford Pentecostal Holiness Church has renamed itself Compassion Church with Liberty graduates at the helm. This is a trend these days not to want to admit a denominational influence. When asked about denomination influence the Liberty graduate will tell you they are, "Bible Believing."

Compassion Church Radford | A family where you belong

9. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think Goofy would absolutely beat the lights out Mickey Mouse in a fight.

Come on guys, are the real figures even knowable.

10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, the figures are knowable (at least in regards to growth and decline).

Traditional denominations have been in decline fur some time. This includes both of our faiths (Catholic and Baptist).

The Pentecostal Church is one of the few that are actually growing.

Much of this has to do with the cultures and areas in which Christianity is growing.

But the Catholic Church is declining and has been for years. So has my denomination.

My comment was so omy that Walter's comment was emotional rather than factual. We all want to see our church grow. But that is simply not the case.

Until we recognize this we are powerless to do anything about it. The question we need to consider is why - why is the Pentecostal church reaching more with the gospel than Baptists and Catholics?

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well you should have some suggestions as to what’s going on. I know I have my own preferences but since Covid I believe that people have become convinced it isn’t necessary to attend a weekly scheduled event. I can stay at home to watch on the internet…. Therefore I’ve found a way to watch multiple services or if I don’t like a particular service I can switch to other services…. And that’s convenient for me.

12. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    These have been declining over two decades. I personally believe a part of this is a shift in culture (church attendance being socially expected). Also, our thinking as a society has changed. This can account for the decline in churches that are very strongly based on a particular theology or camp as members question the validity of the philosophy behind certain doctrines. And then there is secularism seeping into churches to the extent churches confirm to cultural norms and divisions (politics, worldliness) making churches little more than social organizations.

13. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Brother, you know the Truth is only one, only and only one. GOD is Truth. GOD is Spirit. The everlasting Word is GOD. The Word is from everlasting to everlasting. The Word is GOD, GOD the Father, understand?

See, our Lord JESUS said: Matthew 11:27 - ...No man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal Him.
    And John the Baptist, said: John 1:18 - No man hath seen GOD at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared Him.

Our Lord JESUS in His pray to the Father, said: John 17:
    1- Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
    4- I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to d
    6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy Word.
    8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.
    9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.
    11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
    15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

It seems that the people only have heard to speak of GOD, and believe GOD exist, even the demons-James 2:19-, but still have not known the Person of GOD.

Haven't you never read what JESUS said to the Jews? Matthew 12:34 - O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the HEART the MOUTH speaketh.

Haven't you never read ? JESUS said to the Devil: Matthew 4:4 - Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every Word that proceedeth out of the MOUTH of GOD. -Hallelujaaah!!!

If your HEART is full of the Word of GOD(not letters, but Spirit), the Word is GOD, then GOD Himself is and dwel in your heart, understand?

My son, give me thine heart, ... Prov.23:26

14. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are right.

The current spiritual cenary of the Churches you have above described, it reflects the errors that occurred since the beginning, since the first century (and even worse errors), whose errors JESUS mentioned in the letters sent to the Churches of Asia.

Terrible, terrible.

The lamp of many and many has gone out, because they have not oil. See the consequences-Matthew 25:5-15. Take a look.

GOD BLESS

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don’t understand why they don’t send all of them to Mexico.

Mexico is a beautiful country, beautiful culture, a holiday destination, beautiful food, beaches and mariachi bands 24 hours a day.

I want to go to Mexico.

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What exactly are you attempting to convey? BTW, I sense your a Roman Catholic, so are you?

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please do and then look at the corruption, the greed and the poverty. Don’t drink the water either

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yeah, but look at those beaches. I reckon there would be reef fish right near those rocks.

[​IMG]

I think Trump should make Mexico a preferred destination for millions, it’s a beautiful country.

19. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The fight is against three unclean spirit like frogs, understand? By the way, why frogs?)

Revelation 16:13-15

3 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragonred dfagon-Satan), and out of the mouth of the Beast(the Beast of sea, upon which RIDES THE SATANIC RCC, and out of the mouth of the false prophet-THE TAIL OF THE RED DRAGON (false preachers of the Word of GOD-Isaiah 9:15-16).

14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the BATTLE of that great Day of God Almighty. (THE SEVENTH AND LAST DAY OR SEVENTH AND LAST MILLENNIUM)

15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

Be careful or else get ready

Similarity between passing by the Red Sea and by the Red Dragon | Pure Bible Forum (and see www.sinaiticus.net )

THREE UNCLEAN SPIRITS LIKE FROGS - WHY FROGS? | Pure Bible Forum (and see www.sinaiticus.net )

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, most of these free loaders already know the language!:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.