1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Does the RCC have any boundaries?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Dec 19, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I doubt that they would be. Kinda like Charasmatics are not necessarily Pentecostals (we have charismatic Baptists too).

Pentecostals hold a different view of Baptism and Communion. I could not imagine this being reconciled to many faiths (including Catholicism).

The main Pentecostal group I am familiar with is the Assembly of God. I would have no issues worshipping with them.

2. Cathode

Cathode Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In Street ministry everyone is charismatic just about. We surrender everything to Jesus to act and speak, Jesus is charismatic and fixes impossible situations.

I think Jesus wants nobody’s who will generously let Him do everything through them, we shouldn’t wait for those with the Apostolic gifts to act. They seem out of place most of the time.
    Jesus is doing the growing of the Church, He is building the house.

I think it will be a huge shock, not just for the church leaderships but even secular powers just how much the church is being built by Jesus. The most hidden and unlikely people are being used, people with the total singular surrender to Jesus purpose. Through them, many are being healed and sent out.
    Many don’t know theology, but they know Jesus, and they bring life everywhere they go, because they bring Jesus.

It is these humble faithful souls that will witness by their total surrender and blood, I thank The Father for them. They are the green shoots growing in darkness before The Day of The Lord.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :Laugh :Wink

4. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    But the Word of GOD, the Word is GOD Himself, says how DEPRAVED spiritual condition is in the Church of Rome since the first century -universal epistle to the Church of Rome -> Romans 1:16-32 combined with 1John 2:18-19, as follow:

18 For the WRATH of God is revealed from heaven(heaven?Ephesians 1:3-8 about true believers) against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the Truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of GOD is manifest in them; for GOD hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Spiritual condition of the Apostate Church of Rome and its idolatries since the first century -
    21 Because that, when they knew GOD, they glorified Him not as GOD, neither were thankful; but BECAME VAIN in their imaginations, and their FOOLISH HEART was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible GOD into an image made like to corruptible MAN, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore GOD also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of GOD into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature (Mary mother of JESUS, Apostles, and countless DEFUNCTS BEATIFIED BY THE POPES, like Madre Teresa), more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

CONSEQUENCES AND CHATISEMENTS
    26 For this cause GOD gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
    27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. (The apostate Church of Rome with her guides and followers corrupted itself exceedingly, and turned morally corrupt , perverted, a DEPRAVED Church since ancient times, today is full of pedophiles, abusers of childs, as happened in Canada, for example)
    28 And even as they did not like to retain GOD in their knowledge, GOD gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
    29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
    30 Backbiters, haters of GOD, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
    31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
    32 Who knowing the Jjudgment of GOD, that they which commit such things are worthy of de
    ath, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

5. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thanks for sharing. You are deluded of cause, but thanks for sharing.

6. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The everlasting Word of GOD iludes not anyone, the Word is GOD, the Word is GOD Himself, understand? It is quick and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in His sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of Him with whom we must have an account.

What matters and prevails is the everlasting Word of GOD, the Word is GOD, the Word is GOD Himself, understand? What was written by the apostle Paul in his universal epistle to the satanic e apostate church of Rome, combined with the universal epistle of 1John 2:18-19, both epistle have nothing to do with delusion, quite the oposite, both have to do with the satanic spiritual condition of the former Church of the Lord in Rome, the birthplace or the cradle of Antichrist.

GET READY. THE 5th UNIVERSAL AND SATANIC KINGDOM, THE ANTICHRIST's KINGDOM, IT WILL BE ESTABLISHED IN THE EARTH FROM NOW ON - Daniel 2:v.41-45
    Indeed there are billions of years behind us, an Eternity, and now another year is going into Eternity, gone forever, never to be, bye bye 2023. Let 2024 come, and let us prepare to enter and face the final environment of the last week of the Devil's world, and the establishment of the fifth universal Devil's kingdom, the Antichrist's kingdom, and also in the middle of this last week the Abomination of Desolation-Daniel 9:27-, this satanic Kingdom is represented and described allegorically in the feet and ten toes of the statue of Nebuchadnezzar, part of iron and part of clay, according to Daniel 2v.41-45. Take a look.

In this fifth universal empire of the Devil, the universal empire of Antichrist, two satanic Beasts will be reigning on Earth, a Gentile Beast and a Jewish Beast, both represented literally in Revelation 13, first how the Beast rose out of the sea, rose from among the nations, from among the Gentile peoples, it rose precisely in Italy more or less 2000 years ago still in the Roman Empire, and the second Beast, the Beast that will still rise from the Earth in this current time, precisely in Israel -Jerusalem- the holy city- this Beast will sit on his own throne as if he was God, claiming to be the messiah, actually an IMPOSTER, a false Christ, -Matthew 24:23-, as JESUS warned us, and will exalt himself as if he was God, but he is man and not God.

And at the same time, the last week of the Devil's world will LITERALLY be fulfilled, i.e. at the 70th week Daniel 9:27, knowing that in the first half of the week Jerusalem will be trodden under feet by the Gentiles -Revelation 11:v.2- because the false messiah, the dragon-Revelation 13:11- will give to the Gentile MAN Beast of the sea - the Pope- his throne, his power and also great authority-Revelation 13:2, then the body of Satan -his Church- will be complete, in fact a satanic and RELIGIOUS MONSTER having 7 heads and 10 horns, and upon his horns 10 crowns, and upon his 7 heads the name of blasphemy. .

That said, in short, two terrible and satanic Beasts will dominate the Earth and will impose by extreme violence a world government after both establish the satanic Kingdom of Antichrist in the last week of the Devil's world, in fact a satanic religious MONSTER having 7 heads, 10 horns and a TAIL-Isaiah 9:14-16-combined with Revelation 12:3-4 and Revelation 13:v.1-10. Take a look .

Get ready

GET READY. THE 5th UNIVERSAL AND SATANIC KINGDOM, THE ANTICHRIST's KINGDOM, IT WILL BE ESTABLISHED IN THE EARTH FROM NOW ON - Daniel 2:v.41-45 | Pure Bible Forum (and see www.sinaiticus.net )

7. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Seventh-Day Adventist propaganda and nonsense. SDA's seething hatred of Catholics is well noted and Jesus is not pleased.

8. Mikoo

Mikoo Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, the RC denomination has many false doctrines/teachings. So there is that.

9. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So you say. I used to believe just like you do and then I bothered to study the actual teachings of the Church and the writings of the Early Fathers. As a result I became a Catholic but still have many Baptist brothers and sisters who I have fellowship with.

10. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    BTW, are you saying that those who deny the Trinity are Christians? That was my point
    If you study Christology as taught by the Catholic Church I think you will agree it is extremely close to what is held by most Baptists.. United Pentecostals and others who hold heretical Oneness theology which denies the truth of the Trinity is what is being addressed here. Contrary to what has been asserted here, Oneness Pentecostals constitute a large part of the Pentecostal movement. All Apostolic Pentecostal churches hold to Oneness heresy. It is actually Arianism, a very old heresy.

#110 Walter, Feb 15, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2024
  11. Mikoo

Mikoo Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I used to believe just like you do now (I was a Roman Catholic) and then I bothered to study the actual teachings of the Church and the writings of the Early Fathers. And, most importantly, I studied the Word of God in relation to those teachings and writings. As a result, I became a Born-Again Christian, but still have many Roman Catholic brothers and sisters.

12. Mikoo

Mikoo Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Close? Close doesn't cut it. A little leaven...I studied Christology as taught by the Roman Catholic denomination and compared it to God's Word. Close won't work.

13. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It’s the leaven of the private interpreters you needed to worry about.

You weren’t comparing The Catholic Church to God’s Word, you were comparing it to an erroneous interpretation of God’s Word.

Catholics just maintain the same ancient Apostolic interpretation of Scripture, not the subjective legalistic mess of private interpreters since Luther.

14. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What you are saying is insignificant, opinion is good for nothing. What matters and prevails is the Word of GOD, the Word is GOD, self-executing, understand?

The Word of GOD, the Word is GOD Himself, says how DEPRAVED spiritual condition was (and is) in the Church of Rome since the first century -universal epistle of Apostle Paul to the Church of Rome-> Romans 1:16-32 combined with 1John 2:18-19, as follow:

18 For the WRATH of God is revealed from heaven(heaven?Ephesians 1:3-8 about true believers) against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the Truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of GOD is manifest in them; for GOD hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Spiritual condition of the Apostate Church of Rome and its idolatries since the first century -
    21 Because that, when they knew GOD, they glorified Him not as GOD, neither were thankful; but BECAME VAIN in their imaginations, and their FOOLISH HEART was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible GOD into an image made like to corruptible MAN, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore GOD also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of GOD into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature (Mary mother of JESUS, Apostles, and countless DEFUNCTS BEATIFIED BY THE POPES, like Madre Teresa), more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

CONSEQUENCES AND CHATISEMENTS
    26 For this cause GOD gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
    27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. (The apostate Church of Rome with her guides and followers corrupted itself exceedingly, and turned morally corrupt , perverted, a DEPRAVED Church since ancient times, today is full of pedophiles, abusers of childs, as happened in Canada, for example)
    28 And even as they did not like to retain GOD in their knowledge, GOD gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
    29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
    30 Backbiters, haters of GOD, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
    31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
    32 Who knowing the Jjudgment of GOD, that they which commit such things are worthy of de
    ath, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Get ready

15. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There are as many (probably more) child molesters and pedophiles within evangelical Christian churches as there is within the Church of Rome. I know of huge scandal of abuse with SDA, IFB and SBC churches. When you point a finger you have four pointing back atcha! Get READY yourself. Your constant cut & paste posts with your SDA interpretations of scripture holds no value to me. BTW, we don't worship Mary or the saints, period.

I left evangelical Christianity for the Catholic Church years ago after extensive study. I know who and what I worship and that is Jesus my Lord and Savior. The Holy Trinity is what we Catholics are taught to worship. Many Pentecostals deny the Holy Trinity and that seems to be ignored in this thread. BTW, we are taught only to venerate the saints. There is quite a difference between that and worship. Words have meaning.

#115 Walter, Feb 19, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Honest question. Can you tell me what you object to with Christology as taught be the Catholic Church? I suspect I know but don't want to make assumptions. I don't mean to derail the thread, but I'm interested.

17. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Abuse Victim Reflects on Her Final Life Task - Spectrum Magazine

' Many have suggested a data base for sex offenders for the Seventh day Adventist Church. So far only excuses have been given for not doing this.'

BTW,
    only 3% of Catholic clergy have pedophilic disorder. Any percent is too high. However, that leaves 97% of clergy that DO NOT and are about the work of Christ.

#117 Walter, Feb 19, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2024
  18. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pedophiles make up a fraction of 1% of the population, but 3% of RCC priests. Why do you think they are attracted to the RCC?

It seems a much bigger issue, which has not been corrected it seems, is for the RCC to protect these child predators by moving them around once they become known to have abused children.

This discussion to “bless” same s:x couples certainly confuses the teaching with the actual practice. Very sad.

peace to you

19. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You might ask the same question about SBC, IFB, SDA, etc. The percent is higher in evangelical churches by many reports.

The Protestant Clergy Sex Abuse Pattern

'Let Us Prey' is a great series on the rampant sex abuse within the IFB. Let Us Prey: A Ministry of Scandals (TV Series 2023) ⭐ 7.6 | Documentary

StopBaptistPredators.org is a good site to check out as well. Lots of 'cover ups' within SBC churches.

20. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So your answer is Protestants are just as bad?

Thanks for the conversation

peace to you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.