1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DOJ: Arizona Immigration Law Must Be 'Struck Down'

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Jedi Knight, Jul 6, 2010.

1. targus

targus New Member

Not at all.

The subject of the statement was your silly arguement - not you.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I made the statement that you called "silly". Therefore, you were attacking me personally. But I forgive you, brother.

3. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

You don't make a very convincing case, KenH, but rather have just thrown out some silly point - and that's exactly what it is - and then just repeated it a few times. It's not even relevant!

Arizona hasn't created a new set of immigration laws, nor an agency to regulate it, nor a judicial process to hear cases about it. Arizona has merely decided to handover illegal aliens to the federal government that it comes across - after verification by the proper status verification by federal authorities - in the course of its State and local law enforcement activities.

Read the Arizona law to better understand what they've done.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Naturalization laws are a federal prerogative according to the U.S. constitution and I think that the U.S. Supreme Court will so rule.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Neither do you, Dragoon68.

6. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Do you think if someone is breaking into you home and you call the police and get "sorry sir,but their busy having coffee and doughnuts",do you just wait it out..... being in danger??

7. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Read the Arizona law! They made a very convincing case.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have the right to defend my house. A state does not have the right to decide who is a citizen or a legal resident of the United States.

9. targus

targus New Member

Arizona is not writing naturalization laws.

They are merely enforcing the Federal naturalization laws already on the books.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A federal law is to be enforced by federal officials. State officials can only assist under the auspices of the federal officials.

11. targus

targus New Member

Arizona wants to identify illegals and then turn them over to the Feds.

You do not agree with them doing that?

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I do not, unless Arizona officials do so under the supervision of federal officials.

13. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

Ken,

This lawsuit is not about naturalization laws. In fact, the Arizona law goes out of it's way to ensure that all naturalization laws are placed solely in the hands of the Feds. Their law merely enforces aspects of the immigration laws. For that, states have always had a role to play in such enforcement. Several times throughout the law they cite the federal immigration law and maintain they are enforcing that law. My contention with the Arizona law is not that they are overstepping their bounds into naturalization issues, my issue is that they are violating the 4th Amendment.

14. billreber

billreber New Member

KenH said:
    But the state of Arizona is NOT deciding who is a citizen or a legal resident of the United States. They are simply identifying those who are suspected to NOT be citizens/legal residents (when said suspects are caught doing something else illegally) and turning said suspects over to the correct Federal officers, for the Federal officers to deal with the question of whether the suspects are illegal immigrants.

Would it be okay for me to take into custody a person who is robbing my house, and then turning them over to my local police for the correct legal proceedings? YOU BET IT WOULD, (although probably dangerous). This is what Arizona is trying to do with suspected ILLEGAL immigrants..

Sounds like a great and Constitutional law to me!

Bill :godisgood:

15. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

16. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

On what basis is Arizona gonna do this? It is rather obvious when someone is robbing a person's house. What is going to be the obvious basis for Arizona to do this?

17. targus

targus New Member

So when an illegal alien runs a red light and an Arizona police officer asks for a driver's license and the illegal alien can not produce one - and the officer determines that the driver is an illegal alien...

Should they let him go because there was not a federal offical present to supervise?

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The whole issue is about who is here naturally or alienly. And, yes, the 4th amendment will have to be pretty much throw out the window for Arizona to do what it proposes to do.

19. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

And Arizona has the right to be protected by the federal government. But guess what?

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Driving without a valid license does not indicate legal status or lack thereof. So how is officer going to know if he is a legal resident or not? This not the old Eastern Europe or the old Soviet Union. We do not have to present papers in this country to be where we are.