Donald Trump's latest step toward tyranny

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Feb 25, 2017.

1. righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To respond to your theology is something I'd rather not do, but I will only to tell you, that your response is just about what I'd expect from someone who has turned the Bible into a personal political platform to support your left leaning conspiracy rant!

God will in fact win out in the end, and those who use His word as a political whipping board, will be taken to school in the "end!" I think the best way to deal with your kind is to treat you as if you don't exist, which means "ignore!" Shalom, and happy hunting on the board. I think you will discover rather quickly, that your type of religion doesn't open many doors around here.

2. MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hmmm...
    I see the Bible as God's word to guide us in daily living. It does not lean left nor right.
    There is no conspiracy. All humanity is under the Sovereign rule of God. Each kingdom rises or falls by God's decree. God is Sovereign. There is nothing for him to win. However, you are free to ignore me. That doesn't bother me. If my faith is ignored by others then so be it. That too is in God's hands.
    Shalom to you.

3. HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh, not according to your previous statement or so it seems.

But that's OK at least you are without venom.

HankD

4. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would say in regards to social issues/morality, God was very conservative!

5. MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God is God. His laws are not always mans laws. God is neither conservative nor liberal on our man-made political spectrum.

I find that there are parts of God's character in both elite party platforms and there are things in both party platforms that do not conform to the will of God.

Yes, I am the epitome of a swing voter in the US political system.

6. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would God support thing such as Gay marriage, abortions, and taking God out of the public square?

7. MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yeshua, you are accurately picking the platform in the Democratic Party that God’s word opposes. Try that for the Republican Party as well. As humans we are flawed and thus all political parties will be flawed as well.

8. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I honestly don't see where they platforem is wrong, as capitalism is flawed, but best economics we have, and they have strong views on moral issues!

9. MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Lacking in assisting the poor, the tired, the huddled masses.
    ~ Matthew 25:36
    "I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me."
    ~ Matthew 25:40
    "And the King will say, I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me."

The Republican Party falls short in caring for people. This is why our Black Christian brothers and sisters choose to vote Democrat. They look at the beatitudes and see what God calls us to do and they see it more clearly in the Democratic Party. My brothers and sisters have a valid point, in my opinion.

10. HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As I said previously I was a JFK Democrat. I still would be a blue-dog if they removed murder from their platform.

When they made abortion part of their platform and I LEFT fast!!

Now
    Refugees are better helped by keeping them in a familiar environment of culture, language, religion, etc... and providing shelter, food, clothing medicine...

Personally I am willing to let them come here as a last resort BUT, we must be assured they wont be a 21st century Trojan Horse.

Whenever I have seen pictures of these Syrian refugees there seems to be an abundance of males of soldier age.
    This makes me suspicious of their motives. Why are they not staying at home to protect their families?

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=syrian+refugees&fr=yhs-mozilla-004&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-004&imgurl=http://thehayride.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/syrian-refugees1-680x365.jpg#id=26&iurl=http://thehayride.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/syrian-refugees1-680x365.jpg&action=click

In NO WAY will I put my family in harm's way if I can help it.
    I will provide protection. I will not vote for them to come here without the assurance of safety.

Violent crime often accompanies these young men.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/austrian-court-jails-eight-iraqi-042456232.html

Label me whatever you wish, I will not put my family or the citizens of my country at risk.

1 Timothy 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

However, if you wish, put your money where your mouth is and allow some of these young men to live with you go right ahead. There are organizations who are eager to help you do it.

https://borgenproject.org/three-ways-to-host-refugees-in-your-own-home/

Those of you who volunteer please let us know and I for one will pray for you.

And yes, I have contributed to the needs of children and elderly refugees.

HankD

11. MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Good for you, Hank. I also agree that a government has been given the sword to ensure the safety of its citizens.
    With that, I believe the US vetting system helps to weed out many whose ideology is contrary to liberal thought in the US. The greater danger is not from immigrants, but is from radical thinkers already living in our midst.
    And to that I add that our God is Sovereign. Not one hair on our head will be displaced except by the ordained will of God allowing it to happen. Because that is true, I refuse to live in fear as God brings the world to our doorsteps so we might show them true Christian love.
    I think of Jim Elliott who said, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
    "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty."
    ~ Psalm 91:1

12. Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If one is of the opinion that our government needs to be provide more for our citizenry, I won't fault them for that opinion.

I just don't see where my charity needs to be filtered through a government that is secular and increasingly hostile to Christianity.

13. MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Go feed the homeless. Sit down with those who are in poverty and share your time. Go to the local jail and see if you can start a Bible study. There is much we can do. Stand arm-in-arm with churches who are helping to alleviate sorrows. Give to Caesar what is Ceasars and to God what is God’s. We owe God our lives.
    Bless you, Rob, if you are providing charity to others who are less fortunate.
    I live in a community of refugees from Somalia, Laos and Latin America. The opportunity to be the hands and feet of Jesus is great. God has placed the mission field at our doorstep. Walk outside and be the ambassador we were commissioned to be.

14. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Republican message is for the Church and charity to provide, to have the economy supply good jobs for families, and not to have them stuck forever on welfare and social assistance, as dems want them to be!
    the MAIN reason Blacls on the whole vote Democratic is that their leaders will NOT give them information concerning how it was that party that enslaved/KKK/Jim Crowed them, and the republicans were on to end slavery and to get civil rights passed! Dems been giving out fake news way before Trump lies!
    the Dems had the social programs put into place to break up black family, to promote ungodly morals to them, resulting in high amounts of single moms, absent fathers, gay liiving, abortion, and to basically keep them still "on the Plantataion"

15. MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is the talking point of FOX news. Spend time in predominantly Black churches and that is not the talking point. The needs are great.
    The White Church, with most of the wealth, spends its money on its church building. Build bigger and better mausoleums and tell the poor to come and sit as long as they dress and act in accordance with the demands of the wealthy patrons who paid to build the structure. Create the buildings in the heart of vast wealth and demand that the poor find ways to get there. Then tell the poor that they don't have wealth and health because they are lazy and want handouts.
    Meanwhile the churches of color attempt to feed, cloth and care for people in dire need with little resources or support. There main source of financial resource is NOT the wealthy Christians, but instead it comes from government funding because the White church has spent all its money on their church building.
    So...is it any wonder why poor churches of color, and Christian non-profit organizations support Democratic initiatives to financially help the poor? That is where they can actually get resources to help with the needs. The White churches are wasting their resources on foolish building plans and better audio/visual equipment to placate the insatiable appetites of their congregants who demand entertainment for themselves while looking down on the poor.
    I will be very frank. White Christians in the US, as a whole, are tight wads who are a product of systemic racism. They look down on the poor and think they are somehow superior to their poor brothers and sisters in Christ. It is racism and prideful and the White church needs to repent and go to Black churches to apologize for such sin.

With that being said, my bet is that most people who read what I wrote will be defensive and make excuses or point fingers rather than look inward and see if their culture may be at fault and there may be a need for repentance.

16. InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good post.

(The spirit of Zaac is strong with you...)

17. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A big problem among many black churches is that they have sold their soul to the Demcrats and liberal causes/agendas, so now, they will have little use for their members who support getting ahead by keeping commited to the family, by hard work, and by focusing on the ways of Christ, but instead focusupon how they are still being wronged all the time, how they need to get ahead by living off the government, and by accepting that they are inferior and still run down, as they still need hand outs and helps. they buy into abortion, black lives matter....

The truth is that those like a Mayet Archer here in detroit, or Justice Thomas called "uncle Toms", and any who support strong Christian morals and values are shouted down. Just llok at someone like a Dr Ben Carson, raised in poor Detroit, but grew up to become perhaps THE greatest child neuro surgeon of His time, and yet amy of his people look at him as a joke, as he did not trust in govt and rge cause to get him where he is at!

18. Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A wise Georgia baptist minister recently told me, "The white church has always been primarily interested in maintaining the status quo. The black church has always been primarily interested in survival."

19. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, much of the Black Church seemed to be more interested in supporting messiah Obama than the real Messiah...,

20. MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yeshua1, on this issue you are wrong.
    The Apostle Paul raised funds for the impoverished church in Jerusalem. You don't see him telling them they are lazy. In Thessalonica you see some who were lazy. When I am in primarily Black churches, I rarely see lazy Chriatians. Instead I see people spending much of their hard earned money to help out their community. I am humbled at their faith and obedience to Christ Jesus. They are my mentors and I am the pupil.