1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dr Jeffress and the Mormons

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If it's unconstitutional to vote based on wanting sharia law, just how to you propose to go about ending such criteria?

2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are correct, this is our country's Constitution and it is the law of the land. However, it is not God's Word. We are called by God to NOT be unequally yoked together with non-believers. Now some may take that as strickly a command for marriage between one man and one woman, but I personally believe that it includes all yoking of any relationship and this would include my voting for another person to represent me in government.

We all must stand before the judgment seat of Christ, I personally am not taking any chances by yoking myself together with a non-believer. The law does not say you MUST vote, however I do believe Christains should take part. And if there isn't any Christians running then we have the right to write one in. I know the naysayers will say I am "wasting my vote" but I must answer to God first and His Word and let the chips fall where they may.

3. WestminsterMan

WestminsterMan New Member

It was an analogy - basing one's vote soley on a candidate's religion I mean. So, what about a Jewish candidate - they are certainly non-Christian...

WM

4. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

When I saw the video, my immediate thought was that he was a politically naive individual who wanted face time. He may have been trying to make a point, but by his statement, he has potentially caused a rift that may give us four more years of Obama.

5. WestminsterMan

WestminsterMan New Member

However, if voting for a candidate who cannot possibly win means that Mr. Obama gets reelected, then that is the same as casting a vote for Obama in the first place. I respect your position, but I wonder how God would look at that scenario as well..

WM

6. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Oh, dear brother Matt, you have such a way with words.

7. billwald

billwald New Member

>We ARE the Government!

Then why do you (plural) spend so much time badmouthing yourselves?

8. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is a common argument, but in reality it is not true. Who decides for you who "cannot possibly win" ? If I choose to vote for the person that I am told can win then I have forfieted my vote to the media or the masses or to the person who told me how I should vote. No, if I vote for Cain then I vote for Cain, not Obama. If everyone would go against the talking head "experts" then the so called "cannot win" candidates would win overwhelmingly. The only reason candidates like Cain do not win (it's not that they cannot) is because the masses simply do as they are told. If the masses voted their heart and conscience instead of what they are told then our election process would suddenly become a true representative government.

Now about God looking at our system, God already knows who He will have as President, it might very well be Obama. But I will vote my convictions as I line them up with the scriptures and let God judge me.

God BLess!