1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Election and Faith

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Reformed1689, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you say this rather than clarifying your statements...good grief.

2. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I didn't realize you were asking for clarification. Please let me know what you would like clarified.

3. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pretty much everything you have said in this thread.

4. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    David Context does not change what Jn. 12:32 actually says. All men means exactly that All men! There is no other interpretation because of the context. You object because Christ drawing all men doesn't fit in to your little private interpretation.You claim to know scripture with out faith.The Word of God is the source of faith. The only reason you might have biblical knowledge is because you were drawn to the Word,or made to study it like me.

Before I was saved I thought all Christians were nothing more than hypocrites And I did not want to be like them. My parents required that I study scripture. I didn't do it because I wanted to. I had to memorize it and if I didn't pass there examination I had to study even more. I hated doing it at the time. I hated going to church 3 to 4 times a week. However when I was saved I thanked God for my parents doing what they did. Once you have God's word inside of you it's really is like a seed that Grows. The Holy Spirit worked hard on me because of the word and I surrendered to the Lord. I credit God's word, the Holy Spirit, and my parents for that.

All men being drawn does not mean all men are going to be saved. It means all men can be. Surrender is nothing more than stopping your rebellion.
    MB

5. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, but context guides the interpretation of what it MEANS.

Except the context shows it is referring to all types of men but Jew and Gentile. You are so hung up on the words in the one verse that you ignore the verses around it to get meaning. You cherry pic.

No, I object because context does not allow for your position. And what in the world are you talking about claiming to know Scriipture without faith?

Did the Holy Spirit work hard on your because of the Word? Or did the Word work on your because of the Holy Spirit?

6. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Holy Spirit used the word that I had memorized to work on me. It got to the point of where i could not think of much of anything else but what it seemed to me was a focus point and conviction. The focus point was Christ. I'll finish later I have an appointment I have to keep
    MB

7. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, The Holy Spirit did not work because of the Word, the Word worked because of the Holy Spirit.

8. Calminian

Site Supporter

Sorry for your frustrations. I'm explaining the best I can.

9. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Says who?

Thats like saying its acceptable to twist and mistranslate scripture to fit new agendas. The context 100% the same. "Differ context" Thats called twisting scriptures. Paul is not twisting the scriptures.

If Paul was now introducing a new doctrine of total depravity he would have required a vision from God and the whole church would have to be in council just like it did in acts 15.

Paul is speaking to Jews and pointing out Jewish short comings in the past. The Jews know exactly what he is talking about, None of them are hinted at total depravity.

When Peter got direct message from God, He didn't run around and say well this is what God says See YOU LATER!. He had to take it to the church and have the whole thing sign off on it.

And now you want to convince us that PAUL twists a new meaning of old scripture while he is talking to Jews he is trying to convert?

No.

10. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The best case for Calvinism is the most abandoned which is the direct first hand experience of being mind wiped

Where is the non-christian who studied the scriptures with no one over his shoulder freaking out at his spontaneous enlightenment.

Doesn't happen. Its christians converting to calvinism. And when we hear the conversion stories to doesn't follow the ordo salutis.

Where is the guy who ok read the bible, heard the most minimal required portion of the gospel to officially have heard the gospel. One day was minding is own buisness HATING GOD, NOT LOOKING FOR GOD ect. and then SNAP the entirety of TULIP is downloaded into his brain?

Where are the "CRADLE" Calvinist?

11. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    It astounds me that nobody else is calling out this heresy!

12. Calminian

Site Supporter

I think we need to be careful not to make salvation about doing right.

“There is none righteous, no, not one;..."​

But I do believe that some respond to creation and the conscience by seeking, and then those who seek find. I this age, they have to find Christ. There are some interesting stories from missionaries of people who seemed to be expecting them, and received the truth eagerly.

13. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, Cornelius is an example of this. But NOBODY is saved without hearing the Gospel. And I still can't believe there was no outrage that someone here stated there was.