1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Election and Faith

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Reformed1689, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The confusion is you made an opening statement, posted a verse, posted another statement, posted two more verses and then posted a John MacArthur quote with zero context for review. In short, your post told me nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok let's take my original post one portion at a time.

"Everyone has a sense about God due to His great creation which leaves no one with any excuse:

Rom 1:19 because what can be known about God is plain to them,because God has made it plain to them. (ESV)"

In the context of the op how do you not see that this is talking about everyone to include those who are in remote areas and have never heard the gospel?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see it as irrelevant to the OP. Knowing God exists does not equate knowing the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The bottom line:

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith Jehovah.
    9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
    10 For as the rain cometh down and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, and giveth seed to the sower and bread to the eater;
    11 so shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. Isa 55

5. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    I honestly have no idea what point you are trying to make in relation to the OP.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is a staunch Calvinist. The quote you posted by him is part of his defense of Calvinism.

7. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A prophecy regarding Christ's resurrection, Acts of the Apostles 2:27, ". . . Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, . . ." See Psalms 16:10.

8. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On a side but related note, do you believe The Gospel is told in the constellations? Many old Calvinist did. I personally see significant merit to the position.

9. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    No I don't.

10. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    do your non elect have souls?

11. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course but how is that relevant?

12. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God created them just to send to the lake of fire ? proof verses?

13. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The natural order does not provide the Name of Jesus Christ;

“And there is salvation in and through no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by and in which we must be saved.” Acts 4:12 (AMP)

14. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 9:14-23 makes this pretty clear. Vessels of wrath prepared for destruction. He has mercy on who he will have mercy.

I know you may not like this. It is not an easy pill for anyone to swallow but that is what the Bible says.

15. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Funny the title clearly states election and faith. You are confused about your own post. Oh Oh it's not that at all. Proof you don't know what you are talking about. Your very own statement.
    MB

16. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Um read the OP genius....

17. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    But context is everything remember.
    Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
    You have based your belief of this on a question that clearly say "What if god" It does not mean God did.
    MB

18. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You miss named the thread. Ignorance always fails
    MB

19. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law 13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; 14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) 16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

God is talking about SINNERS, who, not having heard of Him, do evil towards their fellow men,or deny there is a God.

Many American Indians who never directly heard of God worshipped the "Great Spirit" & acted honorably toward their fellows. Just as Scripture says, they knew instinctively there's a Supreme being who's a Spirit. While many believed that animals had spirits as well, they knew there's only one Supreme Being. Same for many isolated peoples on other continents. They instinctively knew what was right & honorable, not to commit adultery, etc. Naturally, there were evildoers among those peoples who planned war & pillage against other people, & who denied there's a God.

But JESUS knows who's who among those people, & I believe He saved those who did right without having never heard of God or His law.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Hearing, IOW's, is from God. God grants hearing. The "Word of God" is often a term attributed to the 2nd person of the trinity. Thus, hearing comes from Christ.

This corroborates other passages saying Christ enlightens every man.