1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eschatological and Millennial Theories and their problems.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by 1689Dave, Apr 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus will set up His Kingdom here upon the earth, and it will be a literal one,as in the nations and the people of the earth shall see Him here!

2. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My post was not serious, but had a serious point, which you have brought out for me splendidly. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The singular Prophecy not fulfilled is the Return of Christ.

I showed you the Supper of the Great God, and how that does not correlate to the destruction of God's enemies at the end of the Millennial Kingdom. I showed you how Christ taught that when He returned, it would be as in the days of Noah and Lot. The unbelieving destroyed physically, the believing left alive.

Just tell me why Revelation 20 does not teach a thousand year period after Christ's REturn.

Sure there can. Prophecy demands it.

You fail to distinguish between the Prophecy of Christ's Return and the Prophecy of the end of the Millennial Kingdom:

Revelation 20:7-11
    King James Version (KJV)

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Nothing there that suggests Christ returns at this time. Nothing there to suggest this is the time of the Supper of the Great God. It is a distinct event to the events of Christ's Return and the Millennial Kingdom.

And it never will be, that is why it is called...

...the Kingdom of God.

First, Christ teaches that He went to receive a Kingdom, and, that when He returns, He will have that Kingdom. So we distinguish (again, lol) between the economy in place during Christ's Ministry and the economy in place right now. God's Kingdom has always existed in the hearts of believers, but, that is distinguished from the Kingdom that is the spiritual rule and reign of God in the Body of Christ today. That is distinguished from the Kingdom which will be physical, which will still not be...of this world.

Understand?

The Sovereignty of Christ isn't based on a large army of men that can defend Him. He is the Lord of Hosts and yet not even Angels were called upon to defend Him. He dealt with an issue (Him being a King) that was posed in a physical context, and His Kingdom is not based on the physical. It is based on the fact that He is God, and has no need to establish a Kingdom as men do.

This is true.

And in the New heavens and Earth...there is no monetary system.

Matthew 12:31-32
    King James Version (KJV)

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

The Blasphemy of the Holy Ghost will not be relevant to the Eternal State.

The Age that is to come next is the Millennial Kingdom, as clearly taught in Revelation 20, and in Old and New Testament Prophecy.

God bless.

4. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again you post your unsupported assertion in spite of the facts, and in violation of your own OP.

Post quotes from a-mils, pre-mils, or post-mils who say that Christ's Kingdom is physical only.

You have been called on this several times. Time to put up or shut up. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why not quote the bible? I've already shown where all physical kingdom theories are wrong.

6. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Notice I said "fulfills" as in not complete yet.

7. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Already done.....Christendom fulfills the promise to Abraham.

8. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because you claimed in the OP
    "They" meaning proponents of pre-a-post mil.

So post where they said the Kingdom of God is only physical. You made the assertion but now, when called on it, you refuse to post your evidence. Were you making it up? If you were telling the truth you could post the quotes, but since you can't, I can only assume you made it up.

Because you said it, not the bible. Post your evidence that a pre-a-post mil says the Kingdom is only physical.

You have not shown where anyone has stated that the kingdom is only physical. You have erected a falsehood, a strawman argument.

I suggest you read the Baptist Board rules. Here, I will help you: Terms of Service and Rules | Baptist Christian Forums

I draw your attention to #5.

5. No trolling. Trolling consists of provoking large volumes of responses by posting absurdities, deliberately offensive insults, etc.

You have posted an absurdity in order to get a large volume of responses.

9. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are two ages in scripture. This present evil age and the age to come. Jesus said his kingdom is not of this world (age). so that rules out one of them. All that remains is the world (age) to come. And it is perfect without sin or death as your idea of a Millennium has. This alone refutes every other rebuttal you present.

Jesus will return and sit on his own throne in the New Heavens and earth. Still David's Throne because that too is God's Throne. ““To him who overcomes will I grant to sit with Me on My throne [future], as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne [presently in heaven]. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”” (Revelation 3:21–22)

““To him who overcomes will I grant to sit with Me on My throne [future], as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne [presently in heaven]. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”” (Revelation 3:21–22)

Metaphor...........

Metaphor...........

Jesus kingdom is Eternal, not merely 1000 years............ BTW Thanks for keeping it interesting.

10. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    God knows my heart, you can only assume I'm doing what you would do if you did the same. But our motives differ greatly.

11. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have, repeatedly, refused to post any quotes supporting your assertion regarding what pre-a-post mils believe. Therefore our only conclusion is that you are being dishonest with your claims in the OP. Therefore your OP is, by definition, trolling, and a violation of the Baptist Board rules.

So, either post the quotes from pre-a-post mils or admit you can't, and I will edit the OP, Title, and your posts where you restate the falsehood of the OP.

12. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for asking. But I cannot answer that. It is not in scripture. You cannot see the Kingdom of God because it is not physical. But you are carrying it's message and presence to the far ends of the earth every time you preach. You can't see the kingdom, but see its results however. Look at how much better things are around the world as a result of the Kingdom spreading throughout christendom........

13. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can only speak where the bible speaks, and remain silent where it remains silent. Can you answer your own question? If so, share it so I can learn about it.

14. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You still have not proven that everyone you accuse of believibg that mess actuslly does believe that. You have engaged in falsely maligning others without any evidence. Your position here is a strawman quite regular for you crabby

• Like Like x 1
  15. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you admit you told an untruth in the OP when you claimed "They all teach the Kingdom of God is physical instead of spiritual."

Fine. You admit the thread is trolling, in violation of the BB rules.

This thread is now locked pending Admin Council decision.

16. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And going to stay locked for the while.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.