1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Facial hair on males?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe the move to clean shavedness started with WW1. It about after the Army insisted on soldiers being clean shaved due to the fitting of gas masks and all-around sanitation. The idea just bumped along until the 30's when Gillette brought out their butterfly razor and accompanying disposable blade. Along came WW2 and facial hair met its Waterloo. It came to be seen at various times and places as only being worn by intellectuals, hippies, and the Mennonites/Amish. I was told back in the day it was a sign of rebellion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. The Lamb Rescued Me

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess I wouldn't be welcome at the Church that RD went to either since I've had a beard for years.

Joe

3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From the looks of it, lots of these guys in the ministry sporting beards are trying to disguise a double chin (or in one prominent case, acne scarring) or are 'compensating' for going bald!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. OnlyaSinner

OnlyaSinner Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our pastor initially grew a beard to play Horatio Spafford in a church presentation about hymn stories. His wife and kids liked the way it looked and he's worn it ever since.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I was in Zweibruecken, Germany, a fella in my office had long hair - for one reason!
    He was missing an ear! - Yes - he had just one ear - so by wearing the long hair - no one
    would see his missing ear. He then went to a CBA Bible college in Denver, Co

6. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    They just want all there men to look like little boys. This may sound harsh but it;s the truth. There is nothing dirty or sinful about having a beard. There may be about trying to look a lot younger than you are. The latter is deception.
    MB

7. Shoostie

Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I encountered a Oneness Pentecostal church that forbid the men to have beards. I thought that was a bit backwards. Wouldn't it be better to require men to have beards? I mean, beards are manly. Clean shaven faces are effeminate or childish. Maybe not really, but still.

If a church wants that standard, it's their business. But, I can think of better standards.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As you-all can see, my mug has hair. It has not been clean shaven in 52 years!

9. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He should have known. He claimed to speak for God when it came to family decisions.

"Now, close your Bibles and listen to me..."

10. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This was the RESURRECTED, GLORIFIED Jesus, vastly improved over His appearance as a man.

11. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oneness pentecostal churches have at least one major false doctrine, so it's no surprise when has other false doctrines as well.

12. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, far as the issue goes, facial hair & hair length should be according to the dictates of one's conscience, same as other things pointed out by Paul as being matters of individual conscience.