1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fallacy: Personal Attack

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Revmitchell, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lol, WINNER! You crystalized it!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While you own this board you are still a newbie. With that said you do not know me well enough to make such claims about me. In several posts about the rules of posting on this board you have set some standards and yet you break them quite frequently. This post being one of them. I started this thread to kindly show you what I am talking about. Your immediate response was nothing short of an example of the op. Maybe you need to get away from this section of the board and gather your thoughts. Something, but I can tell you this...when the owner of the board acts like this you can be sure eventually it will run people off. This board has been up and running for quite a number of years. Hopefully you can continue that tradition.

3. Brent W

Brent W Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I base my view on you by how you post on here. You constantly call people liberals simply because they disagree with you. You have called me a liberal. It is absurd to take this approach to someone when discussing issues. To label someone as a far left liberal simply because their view does not equal yours is a very simple minded approach to discussing politics. So I don't need you to lecture me on on knowing someone well enough to make such claims when you have made claims about me. Pot meet kettle.

You and just two other people are the ones that consistently report posts I make. Time and time again the rest of the staff here have not side with you. I have constantly asked for honest opinions about if I am out of line. I am not perfect and I can get into the conversation a bit too much and go to far sometimes. However, not once have I been told that I have over stepped.

What the problem is is it seems some of you do not like being challenged and you are taking things personal. You can not do this and expect to have a good time discussing politics.

As I have already stated, just a few people who I have engaged with on this board are the ones that are constantly complaining and reporting posts. I feel no need to change my approach to discussions here. I have strong opinions and they mostly end up opposite of yours because you and a few others hold far right wing views and you constantly trash the left side of the political spectrum.

I am honestly sorry that about 3 of you can't handle pointed and blunt discussions and disagreements but they aren't insulting and they aren't against the rules.

I have no doubt that @TCassidy, @Squire Robertsson and @annsni will point out to me when I have gone to far and when that happens I will gladly apologize to whoever I have wronged with a post.

4. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brent- If you really want to get his goat, tell RevMitchell he is a Trump Supporter. *laugh*

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are right. We will. Just try disagreeing with me and see what happens! Oh. Wait. Did I say that out loud? Ooops. :D:D

• Like Like x 1
  6. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brent, I am not on staff; also don't recall being offended by any of your posts. I would add though, just as a board member and an observer, that your position as owner will at times cause your posts to be scrutinized above those of members and you need to be aware of that. Both the owner and moderators who engage in pointed discussion can leave the impression that they have an unfair advantage. Or, put another way, you all are held to a higher standard, whether or not that is fair.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have not reported any posts by you, however if there are multiple people reporting posts by you then that should tell you something.

8. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Depends on vem is reporting...

9. Brent W

Brent W Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I understand that.

10. Brent W

Brent W Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are correct, you haven't reported me yet. You complain directly in threads or create threads like this claiming that I have insulted you or personally attacked you. ;) Either way, the only members I continue to have issues with are you and two others who happen to have completely different political views than me. Strange, huh?

In the future, if you have a problem with me then take it up with @TCassidy @Squire Robertsson or @annsni instead of posting a public thread and public comments complaining about your mistreatment.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.