Faulty theology pt 2

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JonC, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just to be perfectly clear: my post #19 is in no sense an apology of any sort.
    Nor have I borne false witness against anyone.

2. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apparently some just want to play victim. @AustinC posted that I was skewing the parable of the sower rather than recognizing my post as Scripture.

I have been thinking about what @Reformed posted about Adam (and man)being composed of the physical and non-physical (two parts), especially given the 1 Corinthians passage.

I will have to spend considerable time on this (I have viewed man as body and soul and spirit).

Where do you stand there?

3. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought you were acknowledging that I posted the verses I found applicable. I should have realized you were not taking responsibility for your mistake.

Yes, you were and are bearing false witness. But I can see it may be out of ignorance rather than an intentional lie.

To clear up any misgivings and assumptions -

I posted the verses that I believed applicable in showing

1. Why Adam/ natural man came first.

Then I skipped 9 verses to show:

2. That Adam came first as natural and then Christ as spiritual.

So now you know that your assumption was false and why your post was in fact bearing false witness. And you know if you continue going forward it is no longer a false statement made in ignorance but an intentional lie as I have told you why I offered the passages I offered.

4. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is unfortunate that you plagiarized without giving the source. That is on you.

Second, the context around the verses matter, which is why I shared the larger portion.
    Your method was no different than the Roman Catholic Church, which chops up the Bible into sentences and then uses the sentence to prooftext and create faulty theology. I think your theological stance on this issue is very faulty and bordering on heresy.

I am done talking with you on this matter.

5. MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calminian Said;
    Yes, you are right, you are not a calvinists or arminian. You are full Pelagian. Your argument that Catholics believe in original sin, therefore it's wrong is fallacious at best. Catholics believe in the Trinity, so I suppose you deny that also.

But original sin, that idea that Adam took on a sin nature when he fell, and passed it to his descendants is thoroughly biblical..

Rom. 5:19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.

You have to reject Paul to deny it.

Your accusation have no basis. I don't believe you even know what you are saying. I do not believe I can save myself. Christ saved me. I was called and drawn just like you. The difference is I do not add to scripture my own doctrines like you do. I do not believe in creeds and confessions of faith. I do not believe in Calvinism or Arminianism. My Christianity does not depend on what people like you think I am I will tell you what I am. I am a born again Christian who will not accept all your false Catholic doctrines.. I do not reject Paul's teachings but then I don't add nonsense to it either.
    MB

6. MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    post did not work

7. MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calminian
    Your accusation have no basis. I don't believe you even know what you are saying. I do not believe I can save myself. Christ saved me. I was called and drawn just like you. The difference is I do not add to scripture my own doctrines like you do. I do not believe in creeds and confessions of faith. I do not believe in Calvinism or Arminianism. My Christianity does not depend on what people like you think I am I will tell you what I am. I am a born again Christian who will not accept all your false Catholic doctrines.. I do not reject Paul's teachings but then I don't add nonsense to it either.

8. MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What a great blessing he won't talk anymore yipee
    MB

9. Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which post are you referring to so I can see what he said?

10. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The spirit aspect of us is what died off in the fall, as God Himself must quicken us back to having a living spirit, as that is where we relate to God!

11. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The big problem and mistake that you are making is that spiritual life as paul related it refers to glorified eternal state we will have, but John relates it to eternal life we have right here and now, as new creations in Christ!
    So like us, Adam had both a physical and a spiritual life in Him due to being created by God directly, and no sin nor Fall yet happening!

12. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He was spiritually dead, as in needing a messiah then, but why would he not be spiritually alive to God before, when he needed no savior as of yet?

13. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul related 'spiritual life"there to our final glorified states, not that life we have right now, as John made clear!

14. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seems an awful lot like that theology held by our friend MB!

15. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Adam was in a relationship with God before he sinned, no need of the messiah, so had spiritual life!

16. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You keep on repeating Pelagius heresy!

17. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I honestly cannot remember.

He said he considered man to be of two parts - body and soul/ spirit (rather than three, body, soul and spirit).

18. Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with that. Does Scripture state anywhere that soul and spirit are distinct from each other?

19. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know (that is what I need to consider).

20. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is why MB is supporting JonC. Both are taking a position that Baptists do not take.