1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Flawless Bible Poll

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by George Antonios, Apr 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do believe "all His words" are preserved in the various translations, so no, I should not change my vote.

Do I believe God inspired an English translation? No, of course not (that would be "another gospel"and a second revelation).

BUT I believe all of His words are preserved in English language bibles even though the English language did not exist when God spoke His words to man.

It is not a "which is it" situation. I stand by my post as stated.

• Like Like x 1
  2. George Antonios

George Antonios Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The question is about "any Bible", in the singular.
    Unless you believe that I could obtain all of God's words, in a 100% error-free single Bible, you should change your vote.

3. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You demonstrate that your question is not simple, straightforward. Those who respond to your question do not have to accept blindly your contradictory human reasoning. If someone claims that all of God's words are in one singular translation, they would be denying that all of God's words are preserved in a original-language Bible. According to the Scriptures, undermining the foundation of a Bible translation would be wrong.

4. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well you've viewed it and haven't voted. You just can't come to terms with what you believe.

5. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    So go ahead and vote.

6. Logos1560

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Incorrect. I have come to terms with what I believe, and I have presented what I believe. I believe what the Scriptures teach.

I do not believe your inconsistent, uncertain, contradictory, human reasoning. It is pointless to vote on an invalid question that seems to involve the fallacy of false dilemma and that involves mere speculation.

7. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ......you won't vote, yet you can't keep yourself from posting about it! You are one weird, OBSESSED individual who obviously is in love with hearing himself talk or post. Perhaps you need to realize that most people on here don't really care what you think anymore. Get over yourself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right!

9. Logos1560

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps you should take your own advice and get over yourself and your unkind, negative allegations or smears.

Perhaps readers of this forum may not care what you think about other posters.

I don't encourage readers to care about what I think as I advocate the use of consistent just measures and the just application of scriptural truths. My focus is on truth, not on me.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Conan

Conan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure it is. No one on this planet believes any single version is perfect except KJVonlyist and perhaps Mormons. YOU BELIEVE the KJV is perfect so a single edition is what you clearly refered to. A single edition. So on your poll only KJVOnlist verses everyone else. That is your reasoning. Had you worded it like JonC's meaning we could all have participated.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Conan

Conan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    KJVOnlyism is a false teaching. Does it prick your conscious perhaps? Is that why you react to Logos1560's post's like that?

12. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I voted "No" for the very-sound reason that every Bible translation in any language, no matter how careful the translators were, is the product of God's perfect word being handled by imperfect men.

However, I believe God caused these various valid translations to be made, because it was He who made the various languages & dialects & that he wants all people to be able to read or hear, & understand His word in whatever language(s) He has caused them to use.

He gave His word to His chosen penmen thruout the centuries in THEIR best or only language. For all we know, He might've given His laws to Moses in ancient Egyptian, as Mo had grown up using it. (But He likely wrote the Decalogue in ancient Hebrew, & the Levites recorded the law in Hebrew, as it was to be read to the Israelis throughout their generations, & their use of Egyptian faded after the Exodus.)

And, of course, as the Maker of all languages, God knows all the differences between languages, & has caused the MEANINGS of His actual words to be rendered in them.

But NO translation is technically simon-pure perfect. Close, but not perfect, same as 24K gold still contains traces of other metals, but is still pure for all practical purposes. So, thus, I voted "NO"!

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know that all you want is a yes or a no. So that is what I will state.

No.

For anyone who is interested, I will explain my answer. God's "w"ords were in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Koine Greek. His "w"ords are not preserved today. If we could FIND original documents, then we would have preserved "w"ords.

Give me ANY Bible in English that is readable to an English speaking person today - oh, say Wycliffe on forward - and I can show you error.

However, God's "W"ord, his MESSAGE, is preserved. Pick up any English Bible - with the exception of the Message and the horrid Passion Translation and you have the message of love, mercy, wrath, and grace of Almighty God. Certain "w"ords may differ, but the eternal and supernatural message is the same.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    The man voted "no".

• Like Like x 1
  15. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rule #8 for this forum:
    8. Stop turning every single thread into a KJV vs. all other versions discussion. If it's off topic, it's going in the trash. Continual violations of this will result in discipline.

16. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...you would have given us wiggle room. ;)

17. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    This isn't the Biblical view of inspiration and preservation, this is your run-of-the-mill, seminary regurgitated, naturalistic humanistic 19th century German textual criticism.

#37 George Antonios, Apr 25, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  18. Stratton7

Stratton7 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    2 others I know on this forum but can’t post here would choose yes, if you want to keep that in mind. :Thumbsup

• Like Like x 1
  19. Logos1560

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When someone makes exclusive only claims for one single perfect Bible translation or asks a question that advocates one single perfect translation, it is in effect the very same thing as KJV-only reasoning. The same human reasoning for perfection for only one translation underlies it. Making a claim for one perfect translation makes that one translation be versus all other translations.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really? And here I thought that Moses, David, Solomon, Jeremiah, Paul, and Peter were imperfect! Tsk tsk, how mistaken was I!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.