1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Florida over half those seeking lifesaving covid treatment are full vaxxed

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Scott Downey, Sep 17, 2021.

1. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Florida is above average in vaccination rate. More than half of the patients in south Florida getting monoclonal antibody treatment are vaccinated and have breakthrough infections. Vaccinated or unvaccinated -Denying treatment to Covid patients is wrong. https://t.co/NDA42jxbIL

— Christina Pushaw (@ChristinaPushaw) September 17, 2021

More than half the patients getting the monoclonal antibody treatment in south Florida are fully vaccinated. https://t.co/Y2GcNF0gYh

— Christina Pushaw (@ChristinaPushaw) September 17, 2021

DeSantis Team: More than Half of Those Seeking Lifesaving Coronavirus Treatment ‘Fully Vaccinated’ - [your]NEWS

Talk about seeming odd… Claiming such nebulous anecdotal information is evidence does not make it so. It does contradict the claims by the DeSantis press secretary, but does not constitute refutation or even argument. Try offering something substantial, concrete.

What clinic? How does it compare to all the others? How many of each category did it treat? How many did all the others treat?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please note the difference between "seeking treatment" and "receiving treatment." Conflating the two is odd...

3. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    But who conflated them?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet another odd question. The claim is not supported but the rebuttal is definitive.

5. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    What claim? What rebuttal? "Draw one more breath," and try to make a coherent statement related to the matter at hand. Would you do it if someone double-dog dared ya? :Wink

• Like Like x 2
  6. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is this the sort of tommy-rot up with I must put?

To ignore the anecdotal evidence and imply the opposite without contrary evidence seems odd...

What is the ratio of those receiving the anti-body treatment, un-vaccinated to vaccinated? Is it not true the vast majority of those receiving the anti-body treatment are unvaccinated? Hint, one clinic reported about 70% of those receiving the anti-body were unvaccinated!!!

7. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    :Thumbsup That post is funny, odd, and self-descriptive. Tommyrot is exactly what your posts are offering.

An article is posted which quotes the DeSantis press secretary stating over half of those getting the treatment in south Florida are vaxxed. Your posts then make unreferenced, unfounded statements that only supposedly refute her statement. When this is pointed out and clarification requested, the only responses are repetition of the same with added nonsense.

Why should someone consider your posts anything more than trolling?

Your post failed the test. None of your posts answered the simple questions put to you.

And leaving out “which” makes your initial question here much less than half clever. Nice try, though. :Wink

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matterial false statement:
    Actual quote:
    And folks, note that I am personally attack for presenting truth when actually RT has been shown to be presenting falsehood.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow… I just had a conversation with a 19 yo young man working at the local Target. Long story short he needed to get the “Ouchy Fauchy” for his job and now he is having all sorts of heart issues….and he is scared. :confused:

• Prayers Prayers x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No 19yo young man should have to submit to a lifetime, whatever that may now be, of grief or worry about their health, for what gain? Who gained? Those who wish to control each & every one of us is who gained. It is unconscionable what is being done to this country!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it was not, V. My statement was nearly verbatim. Did you not read the direct quotes from the article?
    Yours was only an indirect quote, V, by the article, not a direct quote of the press secretary.
    The accusations of falsehood simply don't apply. The problem lies with your own posts.

Though somewhat amusing, that martyr complex stuff really isn't warranted, especially here. Just because your posts here are content challenged doesn't mean you are being personally attacked.

And while we're at it, your posts have offered nothing of substance, even when it was repeatedly requested. They are akin to "Well, if you don't know, I'm certainly not going to tell you." Yet, if someone were to try to deal with them as is, the common response tends to be accusations of "mind reading."

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not have the time to read through every post in this thread, so if I am repeating someone's comments, please forgive me. Florida is second behind Maine with the oldest average population. Of course, Florida is one of the most populace states in the country. 20.5% of Florida's population is over age 65. This means that segment of the population has more non-COVID health conditions. So, when someone in that age group gets a severe case of COVID-19 or even influenza, they are more at risk.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Humanity built a certain level of immunity. The same will happen with Covid.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The tests we use can test for covid but will not test for the flu. I am not sure when the other tests are coming out.

15. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What percent hospitalizations and deaths? And what category (vaccinated vs unvacvinated)?

16. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My doc calls them a "triple test."

17. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think the push is to get them out before flu season (whenever that is).

18. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Flu season is supposed to be now.

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea…let’s have another vaccine push:Whistling

20. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was wondering. Doc didn't have the vaccines last month. Can't keep up with virus seasons :)