For Clarification...

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by CJC, Sep 18, 2017.

1. HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

"Calvinism" is the Gnostic heresy reborn under a different moniker.
    "Arminianism" is the attempt to bring Theology back to a reasonable and sound account whilst simultaneously accepting the endemic Gnosticism which is endemic in "Calvinist" Theology.

Both "Arminianism" and "Calvinism" are Gnostic errors which crept into Western Theology and they are a false account of the nature of sin and humanity and they ignore what the Scriptures teach entirely.

The Scriptures teach that sin is the "transgression of the law".
    1Jo 3:4 - Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Calvinists ignore the Scriptural data on that point and define sin as a disease that infects persons.
    Arminians also fall into that error.

Both ideas are Gnostic heresies.

2. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, Augustine taught calvinism before calvin did, and Paul before both of therm!

3. HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This explains the Gnosticism which Calvinism is quite well:

4. HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Also this:

These videos explain where the views of Calvinists from....
    They are, of course, modified, but they explain the source of why "Calvinists" think as they do, and also what error it was which crept into the Western Church <----- (not the Eastern Churches who were never Gnostic)

So, that's the definition of "Calvinism" and "Arminianism"....they are uniquely Western errors which spring from Gnostic lies.

5. HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Nontheless:
    This video helps explain the Gnostic heresy which is "Calvinism"

It's best understood coupled with this video

This helps explain the pagan roots of the Philosophy preached by the Gnostic heretics here....
    They call themselves "Calvinists"

6. CJC New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    From different papers that I've read online all say the same thing but by using more words.

Arminianism says that God doesn't have the ability to save all while Calvinism says that God does not want to save all.

7. Mr. Davis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In Arminianism, the reason all cannot be saved, is because some will not perform the works that God requires. Here, it is the ability of man that is involved, not God's. Man can lose his salvation at any time.

In Calvinism, God calls His elect to salvation from eternity past. He gives them faith. They shall never perish. As it says in Peter, God desires all to be saved. But not all will be. Some will receive His mercy, the rest will receive His justice. There is no injustice with God.

Questions? (I can flesh this out more if you wish).

8. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, Both agree that God has the power to save all sinners if He so choose to, but arms hold that He decided to have us freely deceed whether we were to be saved or not, while Calvinists hold that God choose to save some for His glory and purposes.

9. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The 2 big differences is does God save totally, or are we assisting Him in the process, and is salvation based in the final sense upon the will of God or man?

10. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is nothing true about that and it cannot be proven.

11. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those 2 are the biggest differences though between the 2 theological systems.

12. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well if yall want to stand on such a sophomoric and illogical claim then sure go for it.

13. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well. most would agree with me here, I think!

14. Mr. Davis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Revmitchell, I respect the comments that you and TCassidy make.

I don't agree with Yeshua1. He misunderstood my post and later made confusing remarks.

Would appreciate anything you'd care to say about my post (below):

CJC said:
    [edited and emphasis mine]
    Arminianism says that God doesn't have the ability to save all while Calvinism says that God does not want to save all.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Arminianism, the reason all cannot be saved, is because some will not perform the works that God requires. Here, it is the ability of man that is involved, not God's. Man can lose his salvation at any time.

In Calvinism, God calls His elect to salvation from eternity past. He gives them faith. They shall never perish. As it says in Peter, God desires all to be saved. But not all will be. Some will receive His mercy, the rest will receive His justice. There is no injustice with God.

Questions? (I can flesh this out more if you wish).

15. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really? You think most people in this board are Calvinists?

16. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, rather that most would agree with me on what the main differences are!

17. Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :rolleyes:

18. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think someone needs to understand that in Adam all spiritually died, and those in Christ are now spiritually alive!

19. tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Weather Arminian or Calvinist I have no idea but I do hope everyone on this board are Christian?... Brother Glen:)

20. Mr. Davis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    HeirofSalvation wrote,

...what error it was which crept into the Western Church <----- (not the Eastern Churches who were never Gnostic)

So, that's the definition of "Calvinism" and "Arminianism"....they are uniquely Western errors which spring from Gnostic lies.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Eastern Churches (aka, Orthodox) share the same "roots" as the Roman Catholics. While they separated in the 1100's, the Orthodox are steeped in Tradition as much as the Catholics. Neither are sola scriptura and claim Tradition is equal to Scripture in authority. Christ condemned the Scribes and Pharisees for their Traditions because they nullified Scripture.

I have debated Orthodox before. They believe salvation can be lost just like the Arminians. They ignore the many passages in John where Christ says explicitly that believers will never lose salvation and can never be condemned. Paul in Romans 8, Ephesians 1 and Ephesians 2 are clear that believers were predestined unto salvation.