For My KJV Brothers & Sisters: List of KJV Churches

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by LadyEagle, Feb 19, 2004.

1. skanwmatos New Member

I think Precepts is quoting Proverbs 26:4 to tell us not to answer him in the same way he posts, that is, "according to his folly." I think Precepts is telling us that his manner of answering questions is folly and that we should avoid stooping to his level.

2. rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself."
    Proverbs 26:4, English Standard Version

I agree with this completely, even though it comes from both the KJV and the ESV.

3. Precepts New Member

Matthew 6:23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

4. ScottEmerson Active Member

I wonder if that applies to hands, which type that which goes against the body of Christ, such as sarcasm, name-calling, and other similar posts we've seen from Precepts.

5. ScottEmerson Active Member

I don't think that we have. We've tended to respond to his posts by showing him just how unScriptural they are. We haven't always been perfect here, but we've done a pretty good job. I really wish he had been listening, though.

6. Precepts New Member

I believe you are obsessed to the point of this has become your misguided passion. You persist in calling my jesture as sarcasm in a means to do nothing but judge my person. I apologized to you and then you have turned to rend me further with your evil eye. I have posted the scriptures in an effort for you to reason within yourself, you have continued to fail. Thine eye is become the means to search out for any evil that you may consume it upon your own lust, that is truly sad. You continue to try and turn other members against me, sadly some are influenced with your incessive behaviour, I have simply put forth an effort to bring some humour to this wicked and ungodly forum, you have turned my efforts into sin according to your view and then turned it also into attacks against the Body of Christ. I risk being likened unto you by answering your folly, but thine eye is evil and thy light turned into darkness. Your obsession has even provoked the jealousy of my wife, you provoke wrath which is blatantly against the scripture by which you make your boast. You are thus become as one of Job's miserable comforters. I had offered my apology and you turned it into refuse and rejected it and then threw it back in my face, need I say more? :(

Your posts to me are become grievious, off topic, filled with less than love for your Brother. This is obviously how you deal with those you cannot come to terms with, and those you do not agree, how wicked and evil that is, you are likened in your behaviour to that of a buzzard, persistent in looking for any little bit of carrion to satisfy your palate.

The saying is "wise as a serpent, yet harmless as a dove" Instead your attitude is more likened unto a viper and as destructive as the crow who eats all the seed newly planted by the husband of the soil.

I would really like to make ammends Scott, but your persistence deies that possibility. You have deemed yourself as righteous and even to being more holy than I.

I don't sit at this computer all by myself, there are others who peek in every once in a while and ask what your problem is? I'm sorry if you just resist getting to know and thereby get an understanding of my personality. I'll admit it takes time to get to know, I still offer that chance to anyone.

Maybe you should do some listening yourself? :confused:

My suggestion is that we get to know each other better, not worse.

7. Precepts New Member

Ditto.

8. Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Elaine, all human beings differ from the other. Should we believe that the human race has ceased to exist?
    No. I would like for you to recognize the difference between someone's "words" and their "word". Words are inanimate tools for communicating a message. A "word" is the substance and essence of one's message... not necessarily bound to the way they originally said it.

To prove that the NASB and KJV are a different "word", you would have to show that they teach a different doctrine or revelation. To prove that one or the other is not the Word of God, you would have to show from the evidence for the originals that a doctrine or teaching has been lost.
    In order, KJV, NKJV, and NASB. I use others that I have via software.
    The same way you do. Except that I have the added confidence of each version affirming the accuracy of the others.
    The words were transmitted and translated "fallibly" by men. None the less, the evidence affirms that the perfect message handed down by God in perfect words at the original writing has not been lost or compromised at all.
    I do trust these versions as His Word. What I know for a fact is that they are not His words. None of the English versions were directly inspired by God. None of the translators qualified as holy men of old or apostles. None of them claimed perfection for their work nor divine inspiration.

One was inspired in its words... the originals of each book. Copies and translations are not inspired in their wording but they communicate an inspired message/revelation.
    All are not equally accurate. Some like the one version you refer to were done from a liberal perspective that for my purposes disqualify them from being considered the Word of God.
    Faithful versions all declare the virgin birth. Don't let anyone trick you into an extreme interpretation. There are valid explanations and defenses of MV's that employ the same methods that true KJV defenders use to explain questionable passages.

Pretty much.

Yes, you are. If anything I write seems hard, please know that I intend a gentle spirit... especially since I saw you are from NC. I grew up in Bryson City.

Grace to you.
    Scott

9. michelle New Member

Peace and love to you all in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour!

Skawn,

Elaine meant exactly what you accused her of not understanding. You simply did not understand what she was saying, because you are so stubborn and bias in your view, and quick to put people under a label,and assuming one is stupid or unlearned, without having a sincere and earnest heart to learn yourself, or explain kindly and gently to those who may not understand. You think you know it all, as expressed by your attitude presented on these threads. I praise our Heavenly Father that he has not called you to a pastoral position, considering the way you respond/treat others on these threads.

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

10. skanwmatos New Member

But, unfortunately, that is not what she said. Words mean things. If we lack the communication skills to make ourselves understood, we should refrain from posting until such time we have either improved our communication skills or learned the answer to our query by reading the threads.
    Actually all I did was take her at her word. I read the words for what they meant and assumed she was competent enough to communicate her thoughts in this medium. Are you saying she is not competent to correctly communicate her thoughts in this medium?
    Straw man argument. I don't think I know it all. I am constantly amazed at how much I don't know. But what I try to avoid doing is posting without thinking, or posting without having studied the issue. By so doing I can often avoid posting shear nonsense. You should try it!
    Sorry, but wrong again. I pastored a great church for 8 years, then went back to school for more education, and have been on staff at another great church for the past 6 years. And God has greatly blessed me, my family, and the church I serve.

11. Precepts New Member

O.K., so we'll just take your word for what you just said. You are serving your church and NOT God and are deceived into thinking God has actually blessed you in spite.

See? That can work against you as well as you working it against Sister Elaine.

12. skanwmatos New Member

I see. So you are saying the KJV is wrong in Romans 16:1 "I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:" and what about 1 Corinthians 9:19 "For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more."

If I were you, and really thought the KJV was that wrong in so many places, I would start using another bible, but, I guess that is the difference between you and me. You claim you believe the KJV but constantly contradict it, and I really believe it, and practice it.

13. michelle New Member

Peace and love to you in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour!

Skawn,

It is too bad that you do not hold to the same standard regarding God's holy and pure word of truth to that standard you put those of us here on these threads to. You are right, that words mean something. God's word means everything, our very spiritual life. You seem to be very experienced at "spin", "twisting", and "diverting" from the message and context of importance at what one is writing/relaying and implying that if we do not say things in the way that "you" think it should be said, then what we say cannot be accepted, and you have a right to have a mean-spirited and unkind attitude. I do not care if someone came on these threads being the most ignorant or unlearned person in the world, it would not make it right that I treat that person the way you have treated others on these threads. NO, I am not saying anything negative about Elaine. She is a wonderful sister in our Lord Jesus Christ, from what I have seen. I was pointing out to you, if you could for one moment try to not only read what is being said and being so nit-picky, but listen without bias. You accused her of saying something that wasn't the truth, when in fact she said the same thing, but in a different way. This is okay for you when supporting the the modern versions of God's holy word, but not with another christian? Should our words be above the standard of that we expect in the life giving words of our Lord? Why do you hold christians above the standard that you hold to God's word? Shouldn't it be the oppostite?

Love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

14. Precepts New Member

Funny I didn't see you quoting or making reference to any scripture until now, but I do see that you don't fail of your reputation to twist anything someone says and try to use it to rend a person as swine is Biblically known to do. Since you like to PRACTICE scripture.

BTW, you should have told us your name is Phoebe and not deceived us all this time.

15. michelle New Member

Skawn,

Again, you only read what Precepts said to you with bias, and did not comprehend what he was actually saying to you. You took it as he was personally attacking you, but he indeed was not. He was making a point about how you approach reading others posts. You totally missed his point.

michelle

16. Precepts New Member

Thank You Sister, I'm glad you have that discernment, you are exactly right.

Brother Ricky

17. skanwmatos New Member

Oh, but I do! You see, I regard God's word as holy, and pure, and inspired, and inerrant, and infallible! And, of course, I don't hold you to any of that.
    I learned it from talking with KJVOs. I have discovered through personal experience, that KJVOs tend to be some of the most dishonest Christians I have ever encountered. When their errors are pointed out they get all huffy and accuse us of all sorts of terrible things like lying, being unsaved, being less spiritual than they are, and, like you, of holding them to a different standard, none of which is true, of course.
    I see. So when I point out the errors of logic being posted by the anti-KJVOs you cheer me on but when I point out your errors suddenly I am the enemy? "Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?" Galatians 4:16.
    It sure sounded as if you were saying she could not communicate coherently for herself.
    Actually all I did was quote her words and point out the error in them.
    Please give an example of this charge you have made against me. If you cannot post an example of this charge, remember that bearing false witness is a terrible sin.
    Please post where I have ever stated or hinted such a thing, and remember that bearing false witness is a terrible sin.
    Please post where I have stated or hinted that I "hold Christians above the standard that (I) hold to God's word." And, again, remember that bearing false witness is a terrible sin.
    You have made a false accusation, so the burden of proof is on you. And bearing false witness is still a terrible sin.
    I must have missed the "love" part. Could you point it out to be?

18. michelle New Member

Hiya Ricky! You are very welcome! I just worry that people are quick to assume that one (especially the recent accusations against you from some here)is personally attacking the other, when indeed they are not, because they have already condemned us in their own minds. This is quite evident in their posts. Keep on standing for the truth brother Ricky, and continue loving your fellow bretheren and may the Lord continue to richly bless you!

michelle

19. Precepts New Member

Skan:"I learned it from talking with KJVOs. I have discovered through personal experience, that KJVOs tend to be some of the most dishonest Christians I have ever encountered. When their errors are pointed out they get all huffy and accuse us of all sorts of terrible things like lying, being unsaved, being less spiritual than they are, and, like you, of holding them to a different standard, none of which is true, of course."

You learned something from only a minority, but at least you've confessed to your dishonesty, sad.

20. michelle New Member

Peace and love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour!

Skawn,

I said:
    "You seem to be very experienced at "spin", "twisting", and "diverting" from the message and context of importance at what one is writing/relaying and implying that if we do not say things in the way that "you" think it should be said, then what we say cannot be accepted, and you have a right to have a mean-spirited and unkind attitude."

Skawn said:

"I learned it from talking with KJVOs. I have discovered through personal experience, that KJVOs tend to be some of the most dishonest Christians I have ever encountered. When their errors are pointed out they get all huffy and accuse us of all sorts of terrible things like lying, being unsaved, being less spiritual than they are, and, like you, of holding them to a different standard, none of which is true, of course."

Please read: Matthew 5:44-48

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
    45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
    46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
    47 And if ye salute your bretheren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
    48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

also Romans 12:3-5

3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
    4 For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office.
    5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

You can look up the rest of the passage on your own as it is also relevent, but this first portion ecspecially.

Can you please show me where I or others on these posts have accused you of these above accusations, or have treated others in this manner?

Your behaviour and beliefs are evidenced in your posts that are available for all to see and discern for themselves, yourself included. Now you are accusing me of a terrible sin of false witness. Are you trying to turn this one around too, and turn the attention upon me, and make it seem as though I am sinning? Is this supposed to scare/intimidate me? You again were missing my points to you.

michelle