1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured For Whom Did Christ Die?... By John Owen

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by tyndale1946, Aug 30, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You believe what you want from the Bible. Not going down your rabbit hole. Have the last word.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brightfame52

Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I quoted you Paul, so what does he know !

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ya done good! :Thumbsup

4. DaveXR650

DaveXR650 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    But the problem is you use a partial quote and then neglect the rest of what Paul said. What do you think might be "the ministry of reconciliation" if it's all automatic. It wasn't Paul who said it was "automatic". It was you.

5. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no problem. Im highlighting truth. Now the ministry of reconciliation is God using the Gospel to promote Faith in the ones already reconciled, righteous by and through Christ.

6. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet another old and off the shelf chestnut from the library of Calvinist false claims.
    The Son underwent the punishment sufficient to forgive the sin of anyone and everyone God chooses to forgive.
    The washing of regeneration results in the individual being made blameless, perfect and righteous, all their sin, past, present and future are forgiven.
    Since all those to be chosen, elected for salvation, have not yet been chosen, Christ did not die for the specific sins of anyone who obtained approval through faith after Christ died.
    All humans are not free from the punishment due to their sin, because all humans have not received the reconciliation.

This is really quite a simple concept!

7. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Children merely conceived have do to that a death do to a sin nature received. But not immediately do to their own sin.

8. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    People who reject God’s sovereignty in saving sinners typically offer their reasoning, “What security is there in thinking that your eternal destiny is not in your hands?” I counter with the precise opposite point. Given the Biblical revelation of what man typically does with holy things committed to him, what security do you have with the idea that your eternity depends on you? God committed the moral simplicity of one law to Adam and Eve in an ideal world, and they failed. God committed a comprehensive way of life, including His laws, to the nation of Israel, and they failed. What security do you have in thinking that you can, or will, do better than they?... Brother Glen:)

Btw... These are not my words of truth but from a PB Elder who has been preaching since that age of 14 ordained at the age 18 and has been preaching over 60 years... And an author of many books and articles... Silverhair weather you believe the way I do or not, you are a child of God... These are points to ponder!

9. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not the one that follows a philosophy that has pagan roots that Augustine brought into the church and Calvin and so on have carried forward. So you stick with your calvinism that you say you do not follow and I will stick with the bible.

But I note that you did not attempt to answer the post I made. Do you believe what those verses say or not?

10. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    So PB Elder wrote those words, ok but they are not scripture. I will continue to trust the bible not what some man tells me the bible says. And there is the difference between you and me.

11. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    This promotes salvation by works, by what man does.

12. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, you're the one that rails against God:

Is there unrighteousness with God?

Why doth He still find fault?

13. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is this true, and straight out of the Bible, or not?

1Ti 2:3 This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
    1Ti 2:4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
    1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
    1Ti 2:6 who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time.

Rom 5:1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
    Rom 5:2 through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God.

Joh 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,

Eph 1:13 In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvationhaving also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise,
    Eph 1:14 who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of His glory.

Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;
    Eph 2:9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Rom 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;
    Rom 10:10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

Why do so many deny clear scripture?

Rom 3:3 What then? If some did not believe, their unbelief will not nullify the faithfulness of God, will it?
    Rom 3:4 May it never be! Rather, let God be found true, though every man be found a liar, as it is written, "THAT YOU MAY BE JUSTIFIED IN YOUR WORDS, AND PREVAIL WHEN YOU ARE JUDGED."

All you have to do is say whether you believe what the bible says in these verses. It just requires a simple YES or NO response from you KY.

Why have you wandered off into the bushes and followed a man-made philosophy rather then the bible?

You do not have to believe what I say but you need to believe what the bible says.

14. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many times has that gob of c & p 'proof passages' that you carry around in your shirt pocket been answered over the years? I'm not wasting my time, you're not going to change, neither am I.

Besides, all you do amounts to pitting scripture against scripture, with zero effort to harmonize. I gave you the harmony in my first post and you treated it with the utmost disrespect. You're no student, you're here to get your 'fix' for your 'addiction', bashing those awful horrible Calvinists.

#34 kyredneck, Sep 3, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    I answer your questions and you just continue to rail against scripture that I post and haul out the old "it has been answered before" trope. What you have called an answer is just your twisting of the text of scripture in an attempt to have it fit your theology. Still have not said if you believe the verses that I posted so I have to conclude that you do not as they would show the error of your theology.
    I disagree with your philosophy and the bible shows that your philosophy is in error and you expect everyone to just believe your errant theology because you say they should. Your theology has been show to be based on pagan philosophy and you still hold to it so that says a great deal about your willingness to actually seek truth.

So what it comes down to is that you are unwilling to actually believe what the bible says.

FYI I do not have a problem with most calvinists, what I have a problem with is the pagan based philosophy that they try to push on people as if it were biblical truth.

16. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Silverhair

They are true and all of them pertain to only Gods elect, whom Christ exclusively died for,.

17. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Silverhair

Then you have a problem with the Gospel of Gods Grace, for TULIP Truths are Gospel of Grace Truths.

18. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    BF you continue to make the same error in logic that I and others have pointed out to you a number of times. You refuse to trust what the bible actually says and just twist the scriptures to fit your philosophy.

19. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your TULIP / DoG are based on pagan philosophy which you would know if you actually wanted to know the truth. But you will just continue to beat the drum and not even ask where the drum came from and it is not from the bible.

20. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems the Cals copy and paste the same bogus claims over and over, as faith is according to grace not works. Who is it that rewrites saved through faith to mean saved then given faith? Why those same Cals who invent false charges to hide their false doctrines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.