1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Former coach of the year fired from Christian school for out-of-wedlock pregnancy

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gb93433, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We had a situation in our church when one of the teens involved highly in youth ministry had sex with girlfriend out of marriage , and they both publically confessed to the church they were in sin, but also that she was planning to keep child!

the church extended love/forgiveness, was a really neat situation!

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I think that's great but I really wonder if they would have felt a need to confess if she did not become pregnant. How many times does it happen that someone confesses to that sin without a child?

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think that that sex out of wedlock would be confessed by both to god, and agree to stop doing it now!

Think that the pregency become public and known by church was why they decided to pubically confess!

4. ChristianLady1978

ChristianLady1978 New Member

While I feel bad for this lady in her situation, she did sign a contract and then violated that contract by having sex outside of marriage. The school is right in terminating her because of this. It's pretty clear to me that they are in the right, regardless of how lousy it is to terminate someone just for being pregnant out of wedlock.

5. mandym

mandym New Member

It is a Christian school. That setting alone demands that she be fired for this with or without a contract. Christians schools cannot have teachers involved in blatant sin like this.

6. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

:applause::thumbs::wavey:

7. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I'm glad there are still places that hold leaders accountable and yes, a teacher is a leader and someone who should be looked up to as a role model. She failed in that.

Not only did she fail in that, she obviously puts much higher priority on herself, seeing that she is taking this public and is willing to persecute those that held her responsible for breaking her contract. Instead of getting herself together and acting humble, she got all self-righteous about it and even though no further confirmation is needed that the school did the right thing, she sure sealed it.

Yep, people mess up. Forgive? Sure. That doesn't mean there aren't consequences. Part of knowing if a person honestly cares that they messed up is whether or not they accept those consequences. She didn't. It may not have saved her job, but probably would have made her future life a lot easier. No other employer is going to want to touch her now and if they do, it'll likely be a place that simply wants to make a point of helping her get revenge on the place that fired her, and if she takes it, it won't help at all.

Oh, and there's lots of reasons people are treated as second class citizens in our churches. Pregnancy out of wedlock, divorce, smoking, not wearing the right clothes, not being the color of the majority, not being able to give a lot of tithes, not being able to have a solid schedule that makes you dependable to teach a class or some other such duty in the church, being a youth leader...(ha!) and on and on.

8. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

God expects Christians to live by a much higher standard than the world, and someone working for a church or Christian school should not be having sex or babies outside of marriage. I believe they did the right thing. A pregnant teacher in a Christian school would be showing a very unChristian-like testimony to the unbelievers and could bring a reproach upon that school.

9. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Josh McDowell wrote in his book Right From Wrong that 25% of the youth in our churches today are having sex with one another.

10. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

How do David and Moses compare?

11. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

They compare by having ackowleged their guilt: repented and by having to accept and deal with the CONSEQUENCES of their actions. This woman refuses to accept the consequences of her actions.
    Did David's baby die?
    why yes it did.
    Did David cause a plague in Israel? (a commentary btw on how our sinful acts sometimes negatively affect others)
    why yes he did
    Did Moses get to enter the Promised Land?
    why no he didn't

Sometimes I really do miss, I mean really miss, some of my IFB roots

#51 HeirofSalvation, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2012
  12. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The 'headmaster' is touting the recent Supreme Court decision [Lutheran teachers are considered clergy, so their dismissals are not judicable] in predicting that this teacher's claim will fail too. They are going to have to argue that she is a minister.

BTW this 'headmaster' is "Formerly a principal and superintendent of First Baptist Academy in Dallas":

http://www.heritagechristianacademy.org/Headmaster.htm

13. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

How did they and society deal with the consequences of their actions? They killed a person.

14. mandym

mandym New Member

I am trying to figure out what in the world your posts have to do with this.

15. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

They are in response to post #48. God used David and Moses as leaders did he not?

16. mandym

mandym New Member

Again, what do they have to do with it?

17. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Did you read post #48?

18. mandym

mandym New Member

Of course I did. Why this cat and mouse game? I'm not going to try and read between the lines. Why not be direct?

19. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I assume you know that God used Moses and David to lead and they murdered someone. How does that compare to what is written in post #48?

20. mandym

mandym New Member

Man! Tough to get an answer around here. What does that have to do with the op or even post 48? Why would you want to make such a comparison?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.