1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Former coach of the year fired from Christian school for out-of-wedlock pregnancy

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gb93433, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I agree. Honestly can you name one church you personally know about that would deal with such an issue?

I did deal with an issue which was different than this and it worked out well but I cannot think of any others. A couple came to me partly because they knew I had managed a large business in that area which involved the same thing they were involved with. They followed my instruction and the problem was solved. It ended the issue in church and with the two parties. The pastor and leaders before me did not deal with the problem and it was causing problems with the people directly involved and in the church. The couple wanted to do the right thing and the church completely ignored the issue and left it up to the people involved. What kind of a church does that?

A few years ago a man came to me and asked me about what to do because he wife said that she was going to divorce him. I went to the pastor of the church we were going to and the pastor told me that those things never work out. My response to the pastor was that doesn't he have a responsibility to confront the couple? He avoided an answer to my response.

I do not know but I did not read that anyone did anything except dismiss her from her place of employment.

2. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You seem to be forgetting that the subject of the discussion is an adult that broke a contractual relationship, not a child that is out of control.

You also seem to be unsure as to why a parent would send their child to a private Christian school and not the local public school.

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

To your question about a church that would obey and deal with the issue no sadly there are very few, but their sin does not justify her sin in that area.
    Let me tell you of an experience I had in this area.
    Several years ago I had a particular man doing investing for me for retirement. Over a few years, a couple at most, I figured out I was losing a lot of money, at least a lot to me. I checked into what he was doing and he was selling some of my investments low after he bought high and getting sales commissions. I lost around a 100,000 dollars through this.

I of course got rid of him but I also confronted him on the issue because he said he was a Christian. I asked him if he would go through the church discipline on this issue because I felt he owed me that money and we would abide with what the church would come up with after each telling our story. I suggested his and my church together hearing the problem. He said he would not agree to that and told me flat out to sue him. Well I know the command not to sue a brother and I just let it drop losing 100,000 dollars.
    This woman has not even been wronged and she is suing and there is no hint that she even tried to go through the biblical channels. And if she did and could not find a church to obey the command she should just dropped it not drag the Lord through the courts. She is showing her evil heart and un-repentant spirit.
    As to not reading about any possible counseling offered, well you would not read that because this is the liberal media reporting a slanted article and she certainly is not going to offer such information..

#83 freeatlast, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2012
  4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I would ask the question to myself, Is he really a brother if he was not willing to subject himself to church discipline. I think you had an obligation to go to his church and your church. They needed to be involved to enact discipline so he would repent and if he did not repent to warn others around him.

In my business I would have no choice because the amount of money that is involved can be millions and I cannot think of anyone who has the kind of money needed to pay cash. I am lucky (and even the majority) to have even 10% of what is needed to do a job. Of course that is the reason bonding is so important. Before I do a job I ask for references if I do not know them. I learned that from one of my employers who was a Christian man. He sometimes would have them audited before we would sell them anything to make sure they could pay.

Sometimes law suits are forced on people they do not like.

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I have never had sin forced on me. I might at some point tried to make an excuse for my sin as it would not be practical to follow the word of God, but that would be because of a lack of faith. Just because my outcome or possible outcome is not what I like does not given me the right to violate the word of God.

6. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Look into the real business world and see what happens when someone does not pay. It happens in business daily. Every month I saw churches that did not pay on their accounts. A friend of mine who owned a Bible bookstore saw it all the time with pastors.

In the business I conduct I would not have any choice if someone did not pay me. I have and do not have nor do I know of anyone else who does carry that kind of money if someone defaulted.

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

We always have a choice and that is if we will obey and trust the Lord or not obey and trust ourselves. There is no such thing as no choice.
    Daniel made a choice not to eat the kings meat, He made a choice to pray when commanded not to. His three friends made a choice not to bow down. We always have a choice. The issue is do we trust the God of His word or not.

8. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Say that after you have lived awhile longer and gain some knowledge of how things work sometimes. Sometime talk with your insurance agent and find out what may have to happen for someone who gets hurt on your property for the insurance company to pay.

That has nothing to do with trusting God. Sometimes the world presses things on us that we do not like and have to live with it. I have seen some of the biggest idiots preach the same things you are saying to their congregations while their bills are not paid.

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

If following what the Lord says makes me an idiot, and that which seems foolish to the world then please I will take an extra dose.

For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, [are called]:
    But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

10. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

It has nothing to do with following God.

Some people get things forced on them through no fault of their own. To believe otherwise is to subscribe to a health-wealth Christianity. Do not ever think nothing bad will ever happen to you just because you walk with God.

If you like to find out more just interact with those in the medical field and the insurance industry.

Ask you insurance agent about your home owners policy.

11. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Daniel and his three friends were not at fault and they still chose to obey. I would hope I choose the same path.

12. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Let us know what you find out when you contact the people I suggested.

13. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

There is no needs ot contact them as I base my beliefs in the bible and nothing else.

14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you do practice what Jesus said in Mark 16:17-18

15. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

You are naive to think so. When you gain more experience in life let us know when you get past the health-wealth way of living. I hope your view of living in the world changes because you will get some serious surprises if you do not. I have seen those who get those kind of surprises and blame the circumstances on God.

#95 gb93433, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2012
  16. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No. The passage is not a command. While some hold the passage to be Apocryphal is has been proven true when Paul picked up the snake and did not die and the early church spoke in tongues. The passage has been fulfilled.

Thank you for your instruction, however I am content in believing what the Lord says in His word and that is that we are not to go to court with a brother, but settle it in the church or simply forgive the debt we feel owed.

#96 freeatlast, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2012
  17. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Drinking isn't a sin.

18. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps not in your view.

Personally, I hold that intoxicants are not something the believer should extend to anyone nor take to them self without the authority of a prescription.

Wine IS a mocker - doesn't say a sip or a gulp.

Strong drink IS raging - doesn't say a sip or a gulp.

But then even Adam used any excuse - some blame the wife to this day.

19. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Eh - the Bible disagrees with you. Wine makes one glad. God provided and will provide the best of wine. Wine is medicinal and Timothy was told to take it. If it was a sin, then Paul would have been instructing Timothy to sin and I don't think that is true.

20. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not that long ago, married teachers in public schools were fired for pregnancy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.