1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Free Grace Theology

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by agedman, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

That's one of the most asinine conclusion I've seen on a forum. Congrats, because that is no easy feat!

For the record it is a well known fact that the Reformed most assuredly preach progressive sanctification.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Why not give your testimony as a "disciple of Christ"?
    When in your life have you left absolutely everything: job, family, money, everything behind, gone to the mission field, to serve Christ. You have nothing. You have forsaken it all, just like Levi did. When in your life did you do that?

3. Internet Theologian

You continue to show a profound misunderstanding of Scripture. Daily. Wonder what that means? I suppose you think that is what Jesus was saying to one in Matthew 19:16-22, right?

I am a disciple, and all who are truly converted are just that. These are whom Paul sought out in former regions where he had preached - disciples - not 'believers' as they were too busy living in a lifestyle of sin expecting to go to heaven. Some 'preacher' told them it was OK to do just that and everything would be just fine!

• Like Like x 1
  4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yes, he learns. It is called progressive sanctification. And the goal is in becoming a disciple. Many churches have "discipleship classes." Why do they call them that? Because they are for new believers with the aim of making these new believers into disciples, preparing them to live as mature Christians.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Scripture after scripture he states:
    "You cannot be my disciple unless..."
    There is a distinction drawn.
    However salvation is very simple. "Verily verily I say unto you he that heareth my words and believeth on Him that sent me hath everlasting life..."
    That is salvation, not forsaking all. You teach a works salvation.

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

LS leaves no room for progressive sanctification. You must be a "disciple" ready to hit the mission field the day you are born again. That is not progressive salvation.

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I understand what the scriptures say. You seem to have a lack of understanding of what salvation is.
    Perhaps you need to be "discipled."

8. Internet Theologian

Where's the distinction? All I see is 'disciple'. That's right, there is none in the text, you added that yourself.

Not at all, I teach what a believer actually looks like according to Scriptures. You know, just like my Lord did.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Internet Theologian

You have no answers to what I showed so as usual you go on the ad hominem path.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You gave a biased unsubstantiated opinion of what you believe some say salvation is. You are wrong. You need a discipleship class. Obviously.

11. Internet Theologian

DHK, I should have followed the Biblical mandate I mentioned to you a while back in another thread, and it is that you are to be avoided.

Your continuous ad hominem and name calling is shameful, unChrist like behavior.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Here is the distinction:
    Luke 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Luke 14:27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

Luke 14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.
    Salvation simply says:
    "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved. Your works based salvation puts the above conditions before salvation.
    Whatever happened to sola fide. You don't believe it any more??
    Salvation is by faith and faith alone. I guess that went out the door long ago. What is it now? A social gospel, or just a false gospel?

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I have told you the truth and it hurts so you think I am calling you names. I am not.
    You have a grave misunderstanding of salvation.
    You need to learn more in this area. We call it "discipleship classes."
    Where have I called you a name?

14. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matthew 13:28-30 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
    But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
    Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

So IT, do you believe Christ is insinuating that tares may look like wheat and wheat may look like tares?

15. Internet Theologian

Are you suggesting the passage has some sort of connotation to the participants within this thread?

16. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No

• Like Like x 1
  17. Internet Theologian

Good. So what is your point and what does it have to do with this thread?

18. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why don't you just answer my question?

19. Internet Theologian

Because I'm not stupid. :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Internet Theologian

If you think that my response that Scripture tells us what a believer looks like is an end all and that we can tell who each and every elect person is you're tripping my friend and your point is moot. :)