1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

From the anti-vaxxers to flat earthers: what makes people distrust science?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by JonC, Nov 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Non sequitur.

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are not making sense.

The author also sound like Donald Trump. Why try to link him to either political group?

That is the point. To you Trumps statements sounds like the DNC. But they ate not. They are Trumps. As is this authors.

You assume people who disagree with you sound like Democrats (who have accepted quite a bit of funds from anti-vacvination groups).

You prove my point.

3. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to the same scientists you trust so much about the vax; if you don't believe in Fossil fuel driven Climate change and Macroevolution, you are a science denying flat earther.
    Make up your mind.
    I am not whining about anything. I just have no desire to ever PM you about anything.

4. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it's the other way round. And your point is not proved at all. He links himself. Your posts sound too hung up on Trump. It's hard to discern why this should be so difficult for you to grasp.

Try once more, and this time don't just assert but explain precisely why you think he sounds like Trump in that paragraph I quoted and not like a Dem.

Then show where in the article he disparages the Democrat party the way he does the Republican.

And then explain why you think it makes sense for him to cite political issues that have nothing to do with science in biased ways that are likely to offend those he criticizes.

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If by micro-evolution you mean what others call "adaptation" (not a change for the sake of change) then I do believe that is true. This has been proven.

I do not desire to pm you. But I am man enough to pm people if I have a question or complaint.

Blame it on me being a Southerner. I was raised to speak my mind, man to man, and not cower amongst the crowd. If anything people know I am not afraid of confrontation and pm's.....it may get me in trouble at times, but being a man was pretty much bred into my generation.

So don't be surprised if I pm you with a question or issue, even if I don't want conversation. I wouldn't expect you to answer. You probably wouldn't get it anyway.

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What I am saying is simple. It is what Trump has repeatedly said (I am not going to argue with you about how another person sounds to you).

Trump has been critical of the GOP. Trump said that ti deny the vacvibes is to deny science in favor of politics, the vaccines work, the vacvines are safe and effective, no short cuts were taken, and everybody should get vacvinated.

The only place I disagree with Trump is I believe it wrong to say everybody should (or should not) get vaccinated.

7. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trust me, I am not scared of you. You can ban me, but I could not care less if you do.
    I have no problem speaking my mind to you.
    I don't PM people I don't trust.(you started the personal insults, get Salty to Scold me again in a PM if it makes you feel better)

#67 Reynolds, Nov 23, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  8. Two Wings

Two Wings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    can't have a pandemic without cases, Jon. Lots of 'em.

given the declaration is 'get jabbed to reduce cases & serious illness of those cases' ... it seems relevant.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is an extremely narrow, myopic reply avoiding the points that were made. It is simply not a counterargument against my own.

Part of the challenge you took upon yourself was to demonstrate how the author sounds like Trump and not like a Dem. Your posts have not even come close to doing that. The full argument needs to be addressed, not just one aspect.

Are you claiming that Trump criticizes only the Republican party not the Democrat party and about those three examples in that quoted paragraph? Such a claim would be untrue.

10. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    JonC only cares about convenient "facts" that fit his viewpoint. He does not care what Biden or Faucci say.

11. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was, but after your last post I realized you and I were talking about different articles. I was speaking of the article in the OP while you the article in post #2.

That said, you do not know that the author of the second article is not critical of the DNC. He does not discuss the DNC so you assume he is not critical of the DNC.

It could easily be that the DNC is simply irrelevant to his point.

You assume because you categorize into political camps.

I can say the GOP is a worldly power and inherently self serving. If I omit the DNC that does not mean I do not believe the same of them.

12. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You need to learn to man up, to address personal concerns with individuals rather than being a gossip on the public forum.

If I have something to say I am man enough to do so one on one rather than on the public forum or via a 3rd party.

That is why this is my last post on the open forum to you on this topic. My catering to your fears by continuing to address you here on this subject will not help you learn to stand on your own.

Some (like you here) just want to show out. In truth they are afraid of confrontation so they confront in a crowd, never privately. They are like children. Loud and brave amongst a group, but once pulled aside they start crying.

I cannot ban you as I cannot ban people. That is an Administrator role. I am a moderator. I wouldn't if I could. Goes back to being a man.

13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I mean in evaluating the effectiveness of natural immunity to the vaccine. Who cares how many covid positive cases there are? What matters is the death rate by category (vacvinated vs unvaccinated). The number of actual cases provides no usable information.

Do you know the death rate by vaccinated and unvaccinated in that state?

14. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    OH. copy.

without delving into mounds of data ... a basically healthy immune system is far superior to a jab. any jab. but this cv vax in particular because it relies on only a single part of the virus rather than the entirety of the virus.

when this thing started, this was the focus. the nightly news was dominated by county-specific breakdowns/analysis/etc

I'm not all that and a bag of chips, but because of my position ... just avoiding death isn't my standard. I need to avoid losing my airman medical. I'd like to avoid infirmary at all, but I realize THAT is probably a pipe dream

Then as the summer '20 expired, the metric became the number of cases ... because that defined the magnitude of contagion ... but you know what was never featured. Correction ... you know what I never saw/read featured? RECOVERED cases. The data was available, and we knew it was lowballed because an increasing number of people were getting tested by policy ... shazam, they had antibodies and never knew they were sick. So they never were a chad on a punch card tally. Of course we'll never know this side of heaven the actual accounting, but I submit the number of folks in THIS category FAR exceeding the inflated death rate and even exceeded the hospitalized rate (e.g. critical symptoms). I'll further suggest that had the media abstained from promoting fauchis "HCQ, Ivermectin, (and now about a dozen others) bad bad bad" campaign, the tallied infected/recovered rate would have been orders greater.

But here we are. Still building a strawman for the urgent necessity to get a jab ... by encouragement, then bribery, then shaming ... and now we're into coercion/mandates.

no. and neither does anyone else. The data is spoiled because it's selective and far less than comprehensive. Perfection is unattainable, but there has been a lotta meat left on the bone which ALL, curiously, lacks the scream "gotta have the shot to survive."

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’ve seen this movie before. The ending is predictable. People that are ‘not banned’ have told me how it works. Some with major integrity, that you will never possess, actually did leave on their own, & this world (this board) is lesser because of that. You grasp onto ‘perceived by you’--lies. You insult endlessly-just now telling someone you don’t bother to read many of their posts. Now you conjure up that there is gossip afoot. You maintain the upper hand through your position, not through your merit. I may preface all of my posts with those who will not be forgotten by me. Newbies can cut you slack, I never will. You are not really engaging them, you are setting them up. Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trust me Jon. I am not in the least intimidated by you. You glory yourself in your fantasies I suppose. I am not intimidated by you. I am not scared of you.
    Be honest Jon. Go back and look at the last P.M. you sent me and see if what you said above is true. As usual, there is the way you say things happened and the way they happened. The two are usually pretty far apart. Bad memory I guess as you get older.

17. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    I interrupt this feud with this little tidbit out of Israel ... the world's cv vax lab.

seems like it's possible ... the cv jabs are actually increasing the number of cv cases. In kids, no less! criminal.

wake up people.

warning ... some of the in-page videos are hard to watch for those of us who know. God PLEASE protect these kids from our own stupidity!

COVID: 43% of new cases among 5-11 year-olds as first 8,000 get jabbed

#77 Two Wings, Nov 24, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree to an extent. I do believe that health is important to fighting any virus but at the sane time I believe sars-cov-2 to be an unnatural man-made contagen. I know too many who were healthy yet died. That said, I believe it due to a varient of the virus as last year we did not have many young people dying in our area.

19. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    yes ... a virus manipulated by man for a specific nefarious purpose. I trust you'll support the effort to seek justice for all those lost? To include Fauci. Of course, we know all will be held to account the the Righteous Judge.

that it's man-manipulated doesn't mean natural immune system is incompetent or even less than capable.

of those you referenced who died ... how many followed the CDC/AMA protocol? How many ditched that and sought early treatment protocols?

Is it inconceivable we have these variants exploding (apparently all were present just not reported before the jab was released) BECAUSE of the jab?

the jab sure seems to have contributed mightily to kids getting infected over in Israel. 43% of the new cases are the young kids who were just jabbed! Pitiful.

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.