1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

From the anti-vaxxers to flat earthers: what makes people distrust science?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by JonC, Nov 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea....yet there is no data to support that conclusion. It is funny because all of a sudden people on both sides of the vaccine debate make themselves out to be prophets.

The pro-vaxers want to ignore that the majority of covid deaths are among the elderly and immunocompromised.

The anti-covid-vaxers want to ignore tge vact that the majority group of vaccinated people are the elderly and immunocompromised.

They are all liars supporting their own agenda. The exception would be the misled sheeple. They genuinely believe the misinformation they are fed.

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wait. Israel started vaccinating children on November 22nd, citing an increase in covid among children as a concern.

Do you honestly believe all of those children got covid from the vaccine before they were vaccinated?

3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. I do not live to seek justice for the world but to share the mercy of Christ. The world is already condemned. This is what I meant by my conviction to abstain from participating in voting.

Israel began vaccinating children on Monday afternoon (yesterday was the first full day of children being vaccinated in Israel).

If we get covid we do not immediately test positive.

Israel was concerned because children were getting covid. Obviously the vaccine did not cause the covid. They had to have covid prior to the vaccine in order to test positive for covid now.

And don't worry about interrupting our feud. It's over. He sleeps with the fishes. :Laugh

4. Two Wings

Two Wings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    43% of the new cases in Israel are kids 5-11 after their vaxes began.

that isn’t insignificant and neither is it blind to the issues w the jabs being to the susceptible.
    Perhaps that statement isnt completely false but it doesn’t apply to me.

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think the article is vo.pletely false. I think you misread the article.

"Some 43% of the new cases registered in the past week have been recorded in the cohort 5-11 years of age, who just became eligible for a vaccine."

These were unvacvinated children who were registered as covid positive in the past week. They just became eligible to be vacvinated (this week....on Monday afternoon....November 22, 2021).

Do you see what I mean? The 43% were covid infected children reported during the week of November 14-20. They became eligible for the vaccine on November 22.

This is why Israel decided to vaccinate kids. Cases among the unvaccinated was rising. Most adults are vaccinated but kids were not. Covid was rising most among kids.

6. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aye. OK. Sucked in by the headline.

but cv remains a non-issue for the young/healthy, so the basis of the decision remains a land grab at best.

I know it's simply an echo of the greater reality ... most people do not need to take this cv jab to remain healthy/regain healthy. So the inference all or even most ... or even MANY... arms need a stamped jab is ridiculous.

pass through its midst on go on your way. Luke 4:30 personalized to follow The Master's example on dealing with 'gang assault.'

... and obviously ... don't be a gang member.

7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't keep up with why the US politicians do what they do, so I have not ventured out into Israeli politics.

My cousin was going to Israel but canceled his trip because of covid. His doc told him to go on because they have a handle on the virus.

On a side note....I thought about heading over to Germany. Round trip flights are under $600. Then I thought about quarantine periods. I don't know if they quarantine but I don't want to chance it.

8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think parents worry more about children than they do about the public in general. We have known that covid-19 can cause MIS in children, but a couple of months ago Israel had a child die of covid related MIS. This is just one consequence of covid.

I suspect trying to protect against these things is why people support vaccinating children. Our school alone has lost 4 kids to covid.

People tend not to worry about themselves as much as they wory about their kids.

9. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, He can be trusted even while we are mocked, scourged, imprisoned, stoned, sawn apart, tried, afflicted, tormented and destitute, knowing that all these things work together for the good of the elect (and only the elect).

These are not good things, though. They are unjust and evil, and we are commanded to do justice and to deliver the poor and needy out of the hand of the wicked when we have the power to do so. JonC in a place or two on this board gets almost gleeful when it seems Christians are about to be persecuted as above. How the church "shines" when she's suffering!

What Jon is doing when he sighs about the supposed refusal of conservatives to acknowledge that God works through people isn't about trusting God. It's about discouraging skepticism, especially when it is resisting his politics. He is not in agreement with you.

Don't fall into the trap of appealing to faith as a lazy way around lifting your voice for the afflicted and oppressed.

#89 Aaron, Nov 24, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are failing to grasp the heavenly rewards that accompany foul treatment and suffering for Christ. You are looking at the small picture, not grasping God's blessing through suffering. Do you follow Jesus according to the Sermon on the Mount? Not many do. But if you ever dabble in it, you'll begin to have a totally different view.

12. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How is that, exactly?

The Sermon on the Mount was one of the first major portions of Scripture I committed to memory. I know it well. Tell me where you think I am violating its principles.

13. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I made a living (career) following the Sermon as God promised in Matt. 6:24 - 34. How did that work out for you?

14. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’m not calling you a liar, JonC ... but I find this really hard to believe. Wreaks of summer’20’s accounting which declared covid the cause of death when the individual had 4 x .44 magnum holes in his chest, but “tested positive” which then motivated the Sept ‘20 release by the CDC “94% declared cv deaths, weren’t”

And yet another reason to seriously doubt the data as presented.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It may be hard to believe, but ot is true.

One of the children (9 years old) was special needs. So there was preexisting conditions. The other three were not. They just had a bad covid infection.

This illustrates my concern with anti-covid-vaxers. Having 4 children who died of vovid is to them hard to believe. Why? Having 4 children who died of the flu would not be hard to believe.

It is because you approach facts with the intent of rejecting them.

Both sides do this.

I could talk about a relative, a young man in his 20's, that has experienced serious side effects from one of the vaccines. In fact, he was in the hospital again last week.

You probably could accept that fact because it fits in why you want to hear. But some pro-covid-vaxers may reject that and imply I am lying while falling short of calling me a liar.

That said, the ability of some to accept truth dies not change the truth. Those children died (2 on the sane day). And my reletive is struggling with side-effects of the vaccine (he received more than a single dose with his second shot).

16. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    Careful. Lets restrain Ourselves on the presumption

it’s hard to believe because it’s rare. Exceedingly rare.

i DID presume a number among these 4 … something less than a thousand?

17. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not necessarily; a more believable reason is because there are so many “FACTS” out there due to politics, that one has trouble discerning what, in reality, are the “FACTS”!!:Rolleyes

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is also true. People have to shift through misinformation political agendas only to guess at the truth.

What I am talking about is what I have witnessed in my community. 4 children dying is very sad, but it is not unbelievable. And it is true.

I suspect if I had said 4 teens in our schools died of the vaccine some would have accepted that without question.

19. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    It isnt so much what you dont know that gets ya into trouble

its what you know that taint so

mark twain?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    see. We aren’t being careful.

weve already changed the language from “hard to believe” to “unbelievable”

less than 700 of 73 million kids in the US have died due to covid as of oct ‘21 … and you know 4 of em?

No more than
    .0009589041096% have died due to covid

You know 0.5714285714286% of those who (allegedly) died due to covid infection?

thats amazing.

again, I’m not calling you a liar but i doubt the real cause of death was covid. Perhaps died WITH covid.

Afa the comparison to cv jab death… it has been higher in younger healthy folks … so it would be reasonable to expect the result of jabbing healthy kids being some tragic outcomes, yes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.