1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Fundamentalists least educated

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Luke2427, Mar 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Luke's Bible:

"Go ye therefore and teach all nations, diploma-sizing them in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. And lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the post-secondary education."

2. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Daniel 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. (KJV)

The explosion of knowledge is a sign of the end times.
    Moses was schooled in Egypt's finest schools and universities, but he didn't use any of that in his service to God. God had to send him to the backside of the desert for 40 years to prepare him to trust and obey God, and to make him the leader that God wanted him to be. That's something the best education available in the world at that time failed teach him.

3. thisnumbersdisconnected

Phi Beta Kappa claims, according to your quote, that "The public has high regard for the public schools, wants needed improvement to come through those schools, and has little interest in seeking alternatives." I find that unlikely.

In a Gallup poll a year and a half ago, 78% said independent private schools did a good or excellent job in educating children, Catholic or other Christian schools were regarded by 69% of respondents as doing a good to excellent job, 60% gave the good/excellent ratings to charter schools, 46% said homeschooling is good to excellent, and only 37% gave that rating to public schools.

Public schools displaced homeschooling among parents of current K-12 students responding to the poll, 80% calling independent private schools either good or excellent, and 72% gave one of those ratings to faith-based educational primary and second institutions. Charter schools got a 61% good/excellent response, and public and homeschooling were in a dead-heat tie, 47% and 46%, respectively.

Chief pollster Jeffery Jones of Gallup said those responses lead to these implications:
    I think Americans have reached the point that they may be ready to scrap the public education model, despite the history of them believing in their own public schools. What we have, doesn't work.

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

:laugh:
    [​IMG]:laugh::laugh:

#84 OldRegular, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014
  5. OldRegular

The heart of a pastor folks!

6. OldRegular

The heart of a pastor folks. From post #15 "Old folks who think they love old things".

7. OldRegular

An old saying about statisticians. Goes something like the following: Statistics don't lie but liars do statistics!

8. thisnumbersdisconnected

Since there are no facts, just a rant, at least that part of the post is accurate.

[​IMG]

9. Winman

Winman Active Member

Luke's self-destructive behavior started on his 2nd birthday.

[​IMG]

He's been angry ever since.

10. Winman

Winman Active Member

Luke was certain with his superior education, and basic carpentry skills, that he too could walk on water.

[​IMG]

11. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

And who was I talking about?

Are you saying that you think there are not old people who fit that bill? Old people who have been fully responsible for the closing of the doors of many of the 3,500 churches that close down every year??

You don't think these people ought to be exposed and resisted for the incalculable harm they've done to the Kingdom??

Seriously???

OBVIOUSLY that is not all old people. I never said any such thing. But that there are MANY old people in churches running them into the ground while standing for "the old paths"- and they know LITERALLY NOTHING about real old paths- is without a reasonable doubt.

12. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Luke simmer down. Manage your anger.

13. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Rebuke somebody else who is out of line in this thread and I'll take your rebuke seriously. Otherwise- keep it.

14. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I am the only one who has cited any facts on this whole thread.

I have cited Barna Group and Pew.

FACTS

F A C T S

But if you want to ignore them, I can't stop you.

God said, Judgment begins at the House of God.

The Lord said, If my people which are called by MY name shall humble themselves (which is the opposite of what my detractors do in this threa) then will I... heal their land.

I am actually AMAZED at the lack of repentance and godly sorrow for the TERRIBLE state of evangelicalism and fundamentalism in this country.

#94 Luke2427, Mar 27, 2014
  15. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guess there wasn't a teachable moment here. :tonofbricks:

16. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

17. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think the Lord has a view which differs with your own.

18. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looked a little at the chart - noticed couple fair sized groups that were not mentioned that would be in the conservative side, noticed - guessing here - those denominations with higher numbers are more metropolitan type churches where more education would naturaly be. Those of lesser education I'd guess would be less metro areas - not like a farmer needs a phd but corporate types/professors might want one.

I would guess some other variables might be observed with more observation.

How much stock would I put in it - ehh. Does it concern me the liberals/lost are more educated than us - ehh. We got a God that is smarter en all of em don't we and we got His word that is truth so we duh winners taint we?

I would assume that since this is so big an issue that if you don't have advanced degrees that you are planning to seek one or two. Also assume you will be pushing your congregation to all get back into school.

Sorry, just don't see ten pages on this subject even though I slogged though them all today.

19. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

He often looks very displeased with his own people. He is the One who said that judgment begins at the house of God.

20. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is it with you and intellect?

#100 righteousdude2, Mar 27, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.