1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Gasoline Prices

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by InTheLight, Jul 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree that impeachment is a possibility. It is considered racist to even oppose a Democrat. The GOP liberals in the Senate would never vote to convict.

Our best hope is that Obama resigns to become an Islamic cleric in Indonesia and Biden resigns to become a Franciscan monk in Croatia.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I guess have too much faith in America. I can't believe that the presidents skin tone would be an issue.

3. thisnumbersdisconnected

It isn't. But you don't have too much faith in America. You have too much faith in her current president.

4. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As you know, TND, our gasoline prices are made much higher by the closing of the Gulf of Mexico, the consistent refusal to drill offshore, the insistence upon the environmentally damaging use of expensive ethanol, and the chokehold that the federal government has on land west of the Mississippi, not to mention the liberal abhorrence of fracking. And we haven't even mentioned the keystone pipeline.

The curious thing is that some liberal groups such as Jews and blacks are hurt by this policy as well as all working people of both parties. Nevertheless, there is no pushback to revise US energy policy as the country plunges into the chaos of electric cars at the whim of college professor.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why Croatia....he should move back to Scranton and live in Southside with all the illegials....that would learn him.:laugh:

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

The only faith I have in President Obama is that he is not foolish enough to start another Civil War.

7. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    don't know about that.
    hopefully you're right.
    my doubt is on the willingness of Americans to fight such a war despite Obama's obvious dictatorial bent.
    I think the country has been so populated with other cultures and peoples that there just isn't enough literally red-blooded Americans to fight back especially among the young.
    again, I hope to be happily wrong.

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not beleive Obama has the restraint to not start a civil war. Of course he will then blame it on the Tea party but I beleive he would do it in a New York second to get his way.

9. thisnumbersdisconnected

10. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pinoy, I think that you are correct that multi-culturalism divides the Democrats, as they have been balkanized by their own policies.

The Democrats blame racism for their policy failures.

However, the Democrats seem unaware that their economics have driven the USA to the edge of economic collapse.

A depression is more likely than a civil war.

My personal belief is that Jews will begin to leave the USA as the economy worsens. Gays will be set back by the lack of welfare as much as blacks.

High gasoline prices caused by the Democrat desire for electric cars is prolonging the recession.

The collapse of the USA will be economic and from within.

The baby boomers seem to be airheads.

11. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Glad to pay that, IF....

it included all the government fund programs you get in Europe from the high cost of gasoline! We still pay txes and for services, and that doesn't include the fact that we pay 56 cents a gallon in state and federal tax for roads that are quickly turning into disaster zones and others are being turned into pay as you drive on it roads.

So, our high taxes go to pothole ridden streets and roadways, and now California is charing to drive on what will no longer be called "Freeways!

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Uh, no. I also pay about $2000 a year in road tax for two cars.

13. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Indiana's roads are fair. We have heavy truck traffic all the time. All roads are heavily travelled nowadways.

It is not taxes that make gasoline high. It is an artificial shortage.

And how many different blends do you have in California?

And isn't California one of those states that bans a lot of drilling? If so, that keeps prices high.

14. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you figure this? Gasoline is a commodity that can cross state lines. Your statement makes no sense.

15. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your response makes no sense.

16. thisnumbersdisconnected

[​IMG]

Increased supply relieves demand leading to lower prices.

Sheesh! This is basic economics. And you're an investor? Really?

17. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Limited capacity for refining requires transportation over greater distances which costs more. :)

18. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Increased supply does not "relieve" demand. Demand is what it is. Californians are not going to drive less because supply has increased. Increased supply *could* lead to lower prices. Unfortunately, the petroleum industry doesn't play by the rules of basic economics. Increased demand will pull supplies from other areas, raising prices everywhere. Petroleum suppliers can also throttle back on refinery capacity to create artificial supply shortages, raising prices everywhere.

Sheesh! And you claim to know economics? Really?

19. thisnumbersdisconnected

[​IMG]

Any idiot knows that the pressures created by demand on a short supply drive prices up, whereas increased supply relieves that pressure. And there is no way on God's green Earth you didn't know exactly what I meant. I know you say clueless things about economics, but I also know you are not totally clueless. At least I don't think you are. You might surprise me.

That does it. I'm contacting the Minnesota Department of Mental Health and asking them to make a home visit. Good grief!! What a bunch of horse hockey!

20. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I know what you meant and you are wrong. Gasoline does not truly follow classic "supply and demand" economics. Some of the time it does, most of the time it doesn't. The west coast uses about 1.5 million barrels of gasoline a month for the last 5 years running. There has been no gas shortage. So why has the price of gasoline gone up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.