1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured ? - Gen 1:31

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by percho, May 18, 2020.

1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think your idea is God was not arranging the Fall, but the fact Satan is a liar is not in dispute

2. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Says the guy confronted on his own contradictions. Intellectual lightweights generally start slinging mud when they lose arguments. :rolleyes:

3. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am of the opinion that the angels where created before the 7 days of the creation, Job 38:4-7. The what and when of the fall of the angels seems to be post earth Genesis 1:1-2, Revelation 12:4, Jude 1:6. I think there has been to much speculation as to details. 1 Corinthians 6:3.

4. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Ezekiel 28 says Satan was still unfallen in "Eden, the Garden of God" just prior to his fall.

And the foundations of the land were made on day 3, when the dry land was separated from the sea. A watery formless foundation-less land was created on day 1.

This means angels could have been created anytime from day 1 to the beginning of day 3. I used to think day 4 was a possibility, but the Job verses effectively eliminate that option. Day 1 makes the most sense, being that Angels are beings of light.

#84 Calminian, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
  5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet another edited deflection, who uses ad hominems to hide bogus doctrine. :)

6. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God was a scientist. He liked to experiment. Satan created the virtual reality of billions of years to see which scientist humans would choose. The real one or the fake one?

8. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you accept the stars are the angels created on day 4, and the sons of God were created on day 6. Cool.

There are two different types, stars and sons of God. And there was more than 1 son of God. And it was 1000 years later that God named Adam, and built a Garden.

Just as 2000 years later, God took Abraham and changed his name.

Just like 2000 years later, God Himself came and changed His name to Jesus.

Just like 2000 years later, the Second Coming, where God gives all in Christ a new name.

Then God rested during the last 1000 years on earth. As well as removing work as punishment to Adam after 6000 years of humanity's own labor. Well only 6 days to the Lord.

9. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Job 38 view is we were not there and therefore we do not know exactly how God created the heavens, earth and the whole enchilada.

• Like Like x 1
  10. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course not, I was born in 67. So there are two beings, stars and sons of God.

However, you are an alien neither a son of God nor Angel? The stars were on day 4. Are you saying day 4 was not close enough to the beginning either? If you are not a son of God, nor an angel, who are you?

Job 38 clearly says there were stars, and there were sons of God. Can you prove something else?

11. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your non-stop efforts to put words in my mouth are disgusting. Cite the verse or passage from which you are supporting your view.

12. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What are you saying? What is the "edited deflection?" What are the "ad hominems?" What "botus doctrine" are you speaking about being "hid?" Or are you just being intellectually dishonest?

13. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are wasting posts, avoiding the topic.

Here is the post with the edited portion bolded.
    Calminian said:
    Hey, got you back in the first person. Too bad, that third person thing was fun.

And I stand by my statement. You speak in fatalistic terms, while trying to deny it with phony distinctions. And you insist the Bible does not teach young earth.

That's 2 errors in likely a larger snowball of errors.​

More utterly false statements. Only an intellectual lightweight would post falsehoods non-stop. See you are not the only one who could make false statements about an opponent.

Does believing Job 38 mean the earth is not young? Nope - so more of the endless false statements from a crippled mind. That is why his posts are one big snow-ball of errors.

See how the use of mindless ad hominems voids any actual discussion of doctrine?

14. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    Job 38:7
    "When the stars of the morning praised me together, and all the children of God rejoiced:"

15. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks
    This verse has nothing,repeat nothing, to do with my view of the age of the earth, which is I do not know.
    And for you to believe you know how I interpret vague phrases (Stars of the Morning and OT Sons of God) indicates your apparent skill at mind reading. :)

16. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well evidently the sons of God did and still do know. Job 38:7 claims that, not me.

I am just saying that is Satan's deception and even the sons of God can be decieved. Unless the Holy Spirit removes the deception. 2 Thessalonians 2:7
    "For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he which now withholdeth,shall let till he be taken out of the way."

Paul said,
    3 Let no man deceive you by any means:for that day shall not come, except there come a departing first,

Well the deception is here. It seems the Holy Spirit has to remove the deception. I am just letting you know we have been deceived. I cannot do what the Holy Spirit does, that is, remove the deception. If one could change their own mind, it seems some should be willing so their mind can change.

17. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok. It is over the YE OE. "In the beginning . . . ." Genesis 1:1-2, Hebrews 1:10, Psalms 102:25, Job 38:4, . . . Pardon my ignorance, but what ever is actually true, . . .

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think scripture is sufficiently clear we can be sure of Christ's gospel, and we can judge detractors by their fruits. Sowing the seeds of mistrust is a ploy used by manipulators to put people into physiological cells. POW's in Korea were treated to it en mass. Christianity is a team sport.

19. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are not talking about understanding the Gospel of Christ. We are talking about Genesis 1:31. Is derailing the thread on grounds of pointing out manipulation, not itself a manipulation to get one's way? This is a first that I have seen that posters are equated with Korean mind control guards. In fact, first I have ever heard of physiological cells.

20. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please stop trying to find fault we me, which leads away from the topic. We can be certain about the truth of the gospel, and fully commit to it. Sowing seeds of uncertainty seems to be an effort to undercut the power of the gospel.