1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured God and free will

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Hobie, Apr 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can understand why you are changing the subject ... to avoid answering the issue that challenges your overly simplistic statement in an earlier post.

However, what have I done that you should become personally abusive?
    I think our conversation has become unprofitable, so ...

Another topic and another day.
    Bye.

2. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bible does not say that. Only fools say that, like in Romans 3: 11-20. The same fool says there is no God. Do you believe there is no God? Of course not. So why do you believe anything the fool has said?
    MB

3. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That's easy. Love is there and one absolutely hates it. This is why hell is a separation from God.

4. utilyan

Site Supporter

The challenged issued by the Devil is God has to manipulate JOB for JOB to stay loyal. I see it God is teaching evil a lesson, he doesn't have to buy job or forcibly manipulate Job. Teaching evil to be good, thats what good people call treasure. Its not based on selfish desires.

Under Calvinism Satan wins the challenge, God has to manipulate.

Of course JOB is loyal look at all the stuff and well off he is, Oh God has to manipulate him like a puppet to be loyal? Thats a bonus win for Satan. The entire point of the exchange.

5. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remonstrance is not in scripture Neither is Prevenient in a dictionary. These are man made bull they don't even lie up with scripture.Grace is still Grace as simple as it gets.
    MB

6. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Neither is indulgence's, purgatory or papal bull (talk about bull...).

7. utilyan

Site Supporter

God hardened his heart as a Disciplinary PUNISHMENT. It wasn't a random whim. Also God frequently hardens hearts passively.

You go try to be a happy Christian in some oppressive country you will harden their heart, all the sudden they might want you dead for no evil act on your part.

If God hardens its not evil. A person can repent. A person ate your sandwich, your heart can be hardened to the point you actually want to kill them, and that realization can lead to a repentance.

Without any conflict with pharaoh God can snap his finger, oh look we are all in the promise land, or even we are all in heaven.
    He can settle even all of us right now straight to heaven.

But he doesn't why? Evil person train of thought.......well he has to show off, he loves watching folks grovel and tremble in terror. Is there any possibility of a good motivation? based on the motivation of who God is. It can't be a education or a training, or a communication of a point God is trying to make to you?

Ever sat down and contemplate why am I not in heaven right now? There is a type of attitude oh well when I am in heaven THEN I'll be satisfied with God, THEN i can talk to him, THEN I can believe he's got it all covered, THEN I can be with JOY that Jesus Christ is RISEN.

How about we live satisfied with GOD right now? How about we cheer in joy of Jesus Christ right now? How about we actually trust God right now?

Faith in God may involve actually having faith in God. SAYING it is sweet, but saying it and losing your cool, we gotta come clean with the truth and improve where we want to.

You still running that race. You ought to speak like your already done and crossed the finish line, Thats why I laugh when you folks say once saved always saved, one can't even fake the part right.

If you don't have that peace its obvious, You can't hide this kind of thing, who am I kidding?

And then after the the whole world and universe says God doesn't want you to have that peace.

Who should I trust? If ten thousand people tell me God hates me. I know the Devil, how much do you think its going to take to break me?

• Like Like x 1
  8. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where does scripture say we have to serve or please? It says we have to believe.
    MB

9. Titus Tarnum

Titus Tarnum Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Utilyan I have always liked your passion! You try to relate scripture to living life and I think we should all do that! It seems you can't have freewill and eternal security, but I feel like I have freewill I think I am eternally secure. I think I have freewill because I don't know what I will do next, and I am always on guard against the next temptation when I might sin or win; if I am eternally secure I find myself questioning that doctrine a lot.
    Eternal security is an unnatural thought for me (probably most people) and it took listening to both sides of the coin and study to come to my firm convictions. You can't have your doctrine challenged at church like we all challenge each other and sometimes we take it personal because after you spend the brain power to discern the doctrine you you end up being emotionally invested in it. I try to recognize that and realize that everyone here is probably spending their time here to share what they perceive the truth is out of love for God, the Word and possibly each other. With that said I think you all are wrong! Hehe, just joking

I don't know what I will do next but doctrine tells me that God does; that's an unnatural thought to me that I wouldn't have known without the Word.
    Then when I think that God knew every soul that would come from the first Adam before He made him I am amassed. I didn't know if I would have a family but God did and planned accordingly. The fact that I can't change who would be born because of me amazes me and is unnatural to me. We were all children of the first Adam and creations of God and the fact that our creator suffered so that we could be adopted into the body of the second Adam amazes me!
    If I were to adopt someone else's kid I wouldn't have a clue about whether it would work out or not , but I know God knows and has planned accordingly.
    Doctrine doesn't always makes sense to our human side because it's describing the way God thinks and not how we think, so I trust what I understand to be true through the Word that I am eternally secure even though I don't feel like it sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Titus Tarnum

Titus Tarnum Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I meant amazed not amassed,oops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Brightfame52

Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hes not on the same level as sinful man, its blasphemy for you to equate Him with on a level of a born sinner.

12. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christ said nothing about man having a freewill here. You wasting time friend.

13. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    An invitation is not a demand. The Lord would not have had to say come unto me if we mindlessly responded like a blasted robot. Calvinist are unable to explain sufficiently just how they are saved because they don't ask they just assume they are saved because they go to church and read the Bible. There simply is no Salvation with out believing in Christ first. Just about every one of them believe they are elected to Salvation. They take what is written to the Jew and apply it to them selves. They believe they are sheep before they believe. That God saves them with out faith and gives them faith afterwards. You all believe in your own nonsense.
    MB

14. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul did not tell the Jailer that he had to be a sheep first or that He had to be elect. The Jailer asked what he must do to be saved and Paul responded with " Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ".

Act 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
    Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
    Paul must have lied HUH? How is it that Calvinism is more right than the Bible? Calvinist are so wrong it's pitifull. You try to change the gospel limmiting God on what and how He does things. Please don't tell me I don't understand. It's Calvinist that hasn't got a clue.
    MB

15. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus sheep hear his voice. Those who are not his sheep do not hear his voice. Your robot scheme is a figment of your imagination.

16. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really have you heard His voice? When and how did you hear His voice. The sane do not hear voices.
    MB

17. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    And there you show your colors. You deny the supernatural and fall upon rationalism.

What did John tell us in the first chapter of his gospel?

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    ~ John 1:1

So...yes...I have heard His voice. His word has immersed deeply into my being.

His sheep hear His voice.

To him the gatekeeper opens. The sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
    ~ John 10:3

18. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christ said nothing about man having a freewill here. You wasting time friend.
    I dont see how this post has any relevance whatsoever, mans will isn't free, no scripture says it is.

19. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hearing voices?
    MB

20. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So Paul and Isaiah were fools then, as they claimed none seek after God on their own?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.