1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Gods blessings

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Sep 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning

Sometime after 1200am, this thread will be closed.

2. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see. iPhone C those are old. No carrier upgrade to move you to the SE at least? How old is your iPad? I need a IPad since I no longer buy print books anymore and do the majority of my reading on my iPad.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

My 5C is 2 years old and runs great. Just updated it with the newest software and it's been perfect. No need to upgrade because it's really not actually "old" until they won't update it anymore.

My iPad is a 2nd gen - probably about 6 years old? I never read books on my iPad but instead use my Kindle Paperwhite because I don't like reading books on the regular screen but much prefer the e-ink technology. You actually don't need an iPad if it's mostly for books. The Kindle Fire is excellent for books and you can get one for under $50 when it's on sale. I never used the iPad for reading unless it was a color magazine (I did Texture for a while and it was nice but too expensive so I dropped it and now read the magazines from friends who pass theirs on).

4. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh yeah and I forgot to mention how many books I have on my iPad which would be a Ton.

5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What OS is the iPad running?

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's what got me (why I started leaving Apple a few years ago). I'd be in the same boat if Amazon got rid of it's app and forced us to use kindles (although I do like Kindle...and really liked e-ink).

Years ago I had a Sony reader (just when readers were becoming popular). I have quite a few books on that thing which are simply gone now. I suppose if I could find the files I could use them, but as far as I know the thing is obsolete.

Evan, I do want to be clear that I am not trying to down you or make a difficult situation more difficult. I hope that you will take what has been said here and find something useful. You are not obligated to implement anything given you, and I am not offended if you toss out anything I've suggested. On this forum, you are the expert on your situation.

I am trying to teach my 13 year old son to go without things that he wants. I hope to teach him the discipline that I developed later on in my life. At the same time, I know that my father tried to teach those things to me. Sometimes we just have to take our lumps and learn through experiencing difficulties.

I wish you the best. Keep in God's Word, pray, pay your bills (even if you can't get ahead, if you don't get behind you'll find yourself ahead as things get paid off).

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

9.3.3, if I remember correctly. It can no longer update. I'm not going to replace it when the time comes. It's not a life necessity.

8. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thats still a pretty new OS.

9. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When apps stop working for it then maybe it's time to update. Like if you were running IOS 5 or something.

10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    These six hours are like watching water boil. :Laugh

11. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

• Agree Agree x 1