God's word [and] Dispensationalism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Hermeneut7, Aug 7, 2017.

1. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Same as many other preterists, you make two goofs:

1.) Assuming that all non-prets are dispies.

2.) Reducing "inconvenient" Scriptures to "figurative/symbolic' status. that's an easy pret method for trying to compensate for the FACT that the prophetic events they SAY have already happened are totally-absent from history. that excuse melts in the light that Jesus' prophecies that HAVE already cometa pass have done so VERY-LITERALLY, TO THE LETTER.

If your view is true, you should be able to:

Tell us the name of the antichrist and his false prophet.

Describe the marka the beast.

Tell us when the sky rained rocks worldwide & all green grass was burned up.

Tell us when all life in the seas died.

Tell us when Jesus returned, SEEN BY ALL, as He said.

I doubt if you can even come close to doing ONE of those things.

""PRETERISM - PHONY AS A FORD CORVETTE!"

2. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Didn't answer my query.

Yes, I know the entire Bible is Jesus-centric, but men didn't know Him in BC days. Thus, those peopleworshipped God according to the law He gave Israel, while God counted peoples' treatment of other people for or against them, among those who'd never heard of God. Those things were, of course, part of a different dispensation from that which Jesus established with His coming & implementation of the New Covenant. And obviously, God will deal differently with men in the nrext world.

3. Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hebrew 11 tells all.

4. HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While it is an element of the hated (by some) dispensationalism Genesis 3:15
    And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, And you shall bruise His heel -
    Is the beginning of the gospel, the promise of a deliverer from sin and death.

The Book of Job predates the law:
    Job 19
    25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
    26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
    27 Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

Israel was to proclaim the gospel of salvation DAILY (from day to day) among the heathen:

Psalm 96:1 O sing unto the LORD a new song: sing unto the LORD, all the earth.
    2 Sing unto the LORD, bless his name; shew forth his salvation from day to day.
    3 Declare his glory among the heathen, his wonders among all people.
    4 For the LORD is great, and greatly to be praised: he is to be feared above all gods.
    5 For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the LORD made the heavens.
    And that HE IS COMING to judge the earth
    13 Before the LORD: for he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth.

Isaiah 53
    10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
    11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

HankD

5. TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Acts 10:43 To him (Christ) give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Every Old Testament Prophet preached Christ.

6. prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Tell us where the antichrist is spoken of in the bible? The exact words, Literal words, no beast, no man of sin, but literal word antichrist, if you believe the bible to be literal then that should be easy.

Thats *mark of*, and What is the beast, show me the connection to the "antichrist"

It didn't happen and never will. Thats as literal as

A prophecy against Egypt: See, the LORD rides on a swift cloud and is coming to Egypt. The idols of Egypt tremble before him, and the hearts of the Egyptians melt with fear.

Ecclesiastes 1:4
    Generations come and generations go, but the earth remains forever.

Explain that one.

7. prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Where do you come up with that connection? Binding of Satan is just a restraint, he is powerless towards the gospel and christians, Where in the bible times he actually walked the earth, Satan can not stop the gospel from spreading, can't stop you from being a christian, he is restrained

8. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    he is still able to blind the eyes/mind of the lost though, as he is still the "god" of this present age, correct?
    The OT prophets had the Kingdom reign of Messiah as having no sickness, wars, famines, all would know real God, right?

9. prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Im not quite sure what you are asking.

10. Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't you think he might have been quoting Scripture or, at least alluding to it? Psalm 90:4.

11. Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mark 3:27. "No one can enter a strong man's house and plunder his goods unless he first binds the strong man. And then he will plunder his house.'
    The Lord Jesus has bound the strong man, and ever since then the Gospel has been going out into the world and Satan's house has been plundered. In Revelation 20: 2-3, Satan is bound specifically 'so that he should deceive the nations no more.' He can no longer stop the nations coming to Christ as they have been doing throughout the NT period.
    Do an internet search on 'Inaugurated eschatology.'

12. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Juhn 2:18
    1 John 2:22
    1 John 4:3
    2 John 1:7

It's marka if I chooseta type "marka".
    The beast is mentioned in rev. 13. (Actually, two beasts.) Just connect the fifty-or-so verses that mention the man of sin/son of perdition (Those about Judas excluded)/ that Wicked. They definitely show the beast and the antichrist are the same man.

His deputy, the false prophet, will actually issue the marka the beast.

Yes, it WILL. You just don't believe everything Jesus or His revelator angels said.

No explanation needed. it means what it sez, & sez what it means.

The earth will be re-formed by God when the time comes. he will melt down the present earth & make it anew, same as we make new steel objects outta old steel.

13. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How ridiculous! Satan is busy 24/7, making suggestions to saint & sinner alike. He tempts saint & sinner alike.

14. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't you think though that the binding of Satan would be much more than just regarding the Gospel, as it would mean no more wars/disease/sufferings?

15. Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. The Lord Jesus tells us specifically that He has bound the strong man to plunder his house, and Rev 20 tells us that Satan is bound so that he can deceive the nations no more. We have to take the two statements together to get at the truth (maybe also add Revelation 6:2). To go further than that is to go further than the Scriptures and we wouldn't want to do that, would we?

16. prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

1 John 2:22 Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son.

1 john 4:3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

2nd John 1:7 I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Your verses go against what you are trying to say about being one man/the beast.

17. Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nuff said. Remove the notion of a re-establishment of the Levitical priesthood and the temple cultus and Premillennialism falls.

18. prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    1st Corinthians 15: 56 For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power. 57 But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Yes but he can't not prevail!

19. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I work for an Israeli company....and that is exactly what they think

20. HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, I can't find fault with anyone rejecting dispensationalism because of the checkered past and overreaching doctrine of some of the individuals promotion thereof.

My own "dispensationalism" is largely redacted from the historical brand of Scofield, Dallas, etc.

However the one thing that greatly puzzles me would be the MYRIADS of unkept promises God has given to the nation of Israel if the distinction between Israel and the church is discarded.

HankD