Got a Question

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by SaggyWoman, Dec 22, 2009.

1. ashleysdad Member

When I came to this board I thought I knew some stuff. Igot on here and realized that I wasn't as knowledgable as I thought. So I was a little hesitant to post then when I saw how heated the debates could get I figured that it was better to mostly read and try to gain more knowledge before getting to involved in posting. I can honestly say that in the time I have "lurked" here I have rethought some ideas that I held. Some ideas I have examined and decided that I still feel the same about others I am starting to see in a different light. For me this is why I "lurk".

2. David Michael Harris Active Member

Maybe some people are a bit timid?

3. saturneptune New Member

Give me a break. The problem with the second part of the saying "than to open your mouth" requires that at some point in time it was closed.

4. saturneptune New Member

After all those years of trying to teach you that, I am glad you finally caught on.

5. Tom Butler New Member

Originally Posted by Tom Butler
    We can control only ourselves and how we post. Simply refuse to take the bait when somebody wants to cross the boundaries of civil discussion.

Yes, my brother, I hold you up as the living example of the wisdom of my advice.