1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Have/would you take the Covid vaccine?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Stratton7, Apr 30, 2021.

?
  1. Yes, I’ve taken it

52.3%
  2. Yes, I plan to

4.5%
  3. No, there’s not enough info yet

9.1%
  4. No, it’s dangerous

11.4%
  5. Other- (please state what it is)

22.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stratton7

Stratton7 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’ve been following along on many of the different views on this vaccine (not sure it’s even that.) I’d like to get an idea in the poll if anyone has/is taking it or planning to in the future. (Pretty simple)
    If you have a comment about it or have selected the option “other,” please do share. Thanks.

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a doctor's appointment around the 4th of July. I hope to take it then.

I've had Covid and do NOT want it again!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Negative information about vaccines is being blocked "in the interests of public safety."

COVID-19 medical misinformation policy - YouTube Help

YouTube doesn't allow content about COVID-19 that poses a serious risk of egregious harm.

YouTube doesn't allow content that spreads medical misinformation that contradicts local health authorities’ or the World Health Organization’s (WHO) medical information about COVID-19. This is limited to content that contradicts WHO or local health authorities’ guidance on:

• Treatment
    • Prevention
    • Diagnosis
    • Transmission
    • Social distancing and self isolation guidelines
    • The existence of COVID-19

• Informative Informative x 3
  4. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I got mine in Feb, Pfizer. Almost no side effects at all. The data shows that only a small portion out of millions who have taken the vaccine have gotten bad effects.

5. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    For those that aren't aware, once you take the vaccine you have the option to sign up for a self reporting system where you get texts asking about your condition each day for a while, and you can specify your symptoms and their severity.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except for a tetanus shot every so often, I haven't had a vaccine since I resigned from the U.S. Naval Reserves in 1997.
    Similar to my attitude about "flu shots", I have no plans to get any of the SARS-CoV-2 vaccines.

I've been exposed to people who have had it ( I have even been within 3-4 feet of someone at my workplace who didn't show up for work the very next day, and within 3 days tested positive for it ), have come down with similar symptoms twice and have personally tested negative twice in the past 3 months.

That said,
    I'll trust the Lord to keep me in good health until it's time to go, or until my own immune system decides it's time for a little help. ;)

#6 Dave G, Apr 30, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Paul from Antioch

Paul from Antioch Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I haven't yet taken it, but my Primary Care Physician did suggest I do. My own situation is that I'm basically a shut-in & don't usually go outside on any regular basis except for therapy treatments & things like that. I'm so thankful for my local church who serves this almost 75 YO single, never been married "Eunuch for the Kingdom's Sake," (See Matthew 19) that Jesus mentioned. I know my situation is a usual one, but I'm content with it (Last Friday was my 55th REbirthday.) I as a very severely physically-handicapped shut-in my contact with the outside world is somewhat limited. I wear a mask when I'm outside just to keep me from giving/getting any more diseases than I already do have. I don't seek a pity party, just realize the condition I'm in & leave at that. God doesn't seem to want to heal me completely so far, and it doesn't really bother me. If He wants me to stay this way during my time here on terra firma, fine. I've got Jesus as my Brother, the Holy Spirit as my Comforter, His Word as my guide, and a future that's out of this world. That's much more than those who've won Publisher's Clearing House's $i,000.00 per day cause the goverment(s) can't take THAT away....try as they might!!:eek::eek::mad::mad::Biggrin:Biggrin

• Like Like x 5
  8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My two weeks is up today. Have had no side effects from either shot.

Now, lets get rid of this silly mask

#8 Salty, Apr 30, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Stratton7

Stratton7 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can relate Paul. I’m on disability currently and pretty shut in by myself quite a bit except for medical or food reasons to leave the house. All the churches are shut down and I have little outside help.
    That being said, I haven’t taken the vaccine yet given that I am at home so much but also from what I’ve been hearing from the “real” news I listen to everynight. As time goes on though, I’m becoming on the fence seeing how many either don’t make it through Covid, or get it and then decide they want the shot (like my elderly Uncle and Scarlett as she just posted ;)). I just wish Ivermectin was used as it seems to fix people right up.
    Speaking of, one doctor quit his job because he couldn’t stand to watch all the deaths when the Ivermectin he was prescribing had been negating the symptoms of Covid and the hospital/some higher up stopped him from using it. The hospital here is just now trying to get it approved but that’s all I’ve heard about from them. Agenda at play in all of this?
    Anyhow, at this point I just ask for prayers before everytime I go out into this cruel, cruel world, heheheh.

10. Stratton7

Stratton7 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for everyone’s replies thus far.

11. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I got my 1st Moderna a few weeks back. 2nd dose on May 10th. I am growing a 3rd nipple...

Truth is, this is a no brainer for me. I take the vaccine and I am protected from Covid, or the vaccine kills me and I go to heaven.
    I have a number of friends who got Covid and were miserable for a couple weeks. Not fun at all.
    I do not begrudge anyone who doesn't want it. Follow your conscience. I extend grace.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I voted "other," which in my case is just a no I do not plan to get it -- but without the qualifiers of "it's dangerous" or "there's not enough info yet."

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Almost no side effects at all.

Would you care to elaborate?

14. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sore arm, headache one day.

• Like Like x 1
  15. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I saw this post, I thought of the following blog post that I read. It is related to the subject of this post, but I thought it would be to distracting to the OP to discuss it here. So I created the following thread:
    Why I Got Vaccinated for COVID (originally written by Thomas Ross)

Maybe some of you here will take a look over there also. Thanks.

#15 rlvaughn, May 1, 2021
    Last edited: May 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is evidence I’ve seen reporting that well over 3000 people in the US that have died after getting the vaccines. Also people with cancer that take chemo should be cautious. It appears that the chemo renders the vaccine inert.

Lastly the vaccine is made from aborted fetus stem cells. Why would any Christian want to go down that path.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Paul from Antioch

Faith:
    Baptist

18. Paul from Antioch

Faith:
    Baptist
    Goofed again!! My post SHOULD read: "I know my situation probably isn't your usual one...." Guess that's what a person whose home state is next to NY.....Right, Salty??!!??:eek::eek:ConfusedConfused:Sick:Sick:Sleep:Sleep:Sleep:Sleep

19. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    3,000 people out of millions is a very small percentage. Do you people not know how clinical trials work.....? Ever looked up the potentially serious side effects to medications you're on? I take Metformin, and my mom begged me not to go on that drug cuz she read that some rare side effects for it is seizures, coma, and death.
    In many cases they're listed as a simple precaution/"covering their butt", whether or not the effects were a result of the medication.
    Add to it that the self reporting system in use this time around, you're gonna get reports that could be associated with the vaccs, or could not be. I reported my trip to the ER even though that was most likely caused by my diabetes and blood sugar, just in case the vacc contributed to it (which is highly unlikely)

20. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I enrolled I'm the Novavax trial. They just started crossover shots, so I've either had both doses in February or I get my second in a few weeks.

I was pretty sure I was in the placebo group in February, as I had zero side effects. Not even a sore arm. But I'm not so sure now, as round 2 has been side effect free as well, so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.