1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Have/would you take the Covid vaccine?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Stratton7, Apr 30, 2021.

?
  1. Yes, I’ve taken it

52.3%
  2. Yes, I plan to

4.5%
  3. No, there’s not enough info yet

9.1%
  4. No, it’s dangerous

11.4%
  5. Other- (please state what it is)

22.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dumb question. And I don’t see an Either/or situation here. My preference is not to ever get the virus and never have to get these experimental vax’s.

2. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would like to see that proven.

I do not believe they can show me that 200,000 more people were buried in 2020 than in 2019, let alone 500,000.

I believe covid 19 contributed to death but it did not cause the death of 500,000 more people.

3. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The data from the CDC shows 463,755 deaths.
    COVID Data Tracker

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    sigh more spin by you. Nobody at the time saw it that way including the press

5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning
    This thread will be closed sometime after 7:55 PM Pacific.
    @Salty, @JonC

6. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I’m grateful those folks are able to consider the impact they have on those around them and do whatever they can to keep them safe.

Maybe you should plan a trip to India, I hear there are no big problems happening over there.

7. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Have you not heard the reporting about the J&J clotting risk? All my patients knew about the AZ clotting risk. It was all over our news. There is no attempt to minimalize if you are presenting the truth. 1 death in australia in 1.4 million doses and 3 in the US after 8 million doses. J&J is off the market in the US and AZ is restricted to over 50s.

Otherwise the vaccines have been very safe with the normal reactions we expect of all vaccines. Reputable journalists can’t just make up or misrepresent stories about vaccine reactions like anti-vax YouTube conspiracy theorists for profit do.

8. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    A separate issue I have addressed countless times on this forum.

The number of covid19 deaths is probably underreported in countries with high cases like the US, Brazil and India because many died without testing.

Whenever health statisticians calculate infectious disease deaths like influenza annually, the confirmed tested number is always less than the calculated actual number.

With regard to VAERS reporting deaths, that is how the system is meant to work. Doctors and health workers are meant to report major reactions even when we know it was not caused by the vaccine in order to detect rare trends not previously made known in studies which have smaller subject numbers and may miss rare events, like the J&J clotting issue.

In contrast, death certificates are a legal document that a doctor signs and could lose their license over. They are instructed by the CDC not to include covid19 if it didn’t cause or contribute to the death.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/coronavirus/cause-of-death-data-quality.pdf

9. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is right there in their quotes on Fox News articles. If you or your news sources chose to misrepresent what they say, that is on you.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The J&J is back on the Market in the USA. My wife had 3 clots in the last 7 years, prior to her cancer issues. Needless to say, I’m not comfortable going down that road. Plus my SIL got quite ill after taking that particular vaccine and she is well over 50.

#170 Earth Wind and Fire, May 15, 2021
    Last edited: May 15, 2021
  11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The response to the very few people who clotted from the vaccine was overblown. That said if people want to get the vaccine they should if they don’t then no biggie. It’s a personal choice like the flu shot nothing more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It sounds like there are multiple reasons not to get the J&J vaccine. The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines would probably be much better options for her if her oncologist agrees.

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Her oncologist is silent on the topic. Perhaps at stage 4, it’s not worth the time or risk.

14. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the last few weeks I have been asked several times whether I have been vaccinated. In each instance my initial response has been, "It is a private matter. Thank you." Twice I have been pressed on the issue. Both times I responded with, "Respectfully, my vaccination status is not your concern." Only once have I was specifically asked why I am not willing to share my vaccination status. I answered, "Because I do not feel compelled to allow people to intrude into my private life. There is no good reason for me to divulge private information just because someone else is curious." I am going to be on front lines of the resistance against a national vaccine passport. You can bet your bottom dollar that the current administration will push for one as a means of control.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is absolutely a personal choice. One that I hope folks can make with accurate scientific information from reputable sources rather than the barrage of misinformation and conspiracy theories coming from sources making big profit peddling that misinformation to unsuspecting folks by preying on their fears.

#175 Gold Dragon, May 15, 2021
    Last edited: May 15, 2021
  16. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It sounds like you have bigger concerns than covid19. All the best to both of you with her health. May the Lord keep you both.

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you

18. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.