Hell

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by HisWitness, Jan 21, 2013.

1. HisWitness New Member

still havent answered my question of How can Hell exsist if Hell is cast in to Hell ?

2. Bronconagurski New Member

Neither have you answered my question of what hell is, and with what you disagree about what we believe about hell. If you are so ashamed of your view that you won't give it, then something must be wrong with it. If that is not it, then you may be dodging the question because you know it will get you thrown out of here. Please enlighten us on what you believe about hell.

3. Thomas Helwys New Member

Could someone please point me to the forum statement of faith that we must agree to? I can't seem to find it now that I'm a member.

4. Bronconagurski New Member

Go to the bottom of the page and you will see a blue band and SOF on it. Click on that.

5. mont974x4 New Member

The SoF is based on the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.

6. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wouldn't a belief in a literal hell though be "required?"

7. mont974x4 New Member

That seems to me to be the logical conclusion here.

8. Thomas Helwys New Member

Thanks! :)

9. Thomas Helwys New Member

I didn't see anywhere on there that we have to affirm this SoF to be a member here.

10. HisWitness New Member

So someone explain how does Hell being cast into Hell exsists afterward ?

11. Bronconagurski New Member

I would address that, but you won't give me your definition of what hell is and all your views on it. Nor will you say with what you disagree here on the views espoused. That is the starting point. Is hell a place of eternal suffering of the lost? If not, what is it?

12. HisWitness New Member

Friend im still learning i dont have all the answers--pls share if you do have all the answers :)

13. Bronconagurski New Member

I have done that repeatedly. Now it is your turn. What views do you have? That is the only way discussion and debate can take place, when both parties give their views. Why can't you answer the simplest questions? Is hell an eternal place of punishment for the lost? If not, then what is it? Those are simple questions. If you will not answer them, you do not deserve any answers from anyone.

14. HisWitness New Member

well i dont see how hell can exsist if you cast hell into hell :)

15. Bronconagurski New Member

Not knowing your definition of hell prevents me from intelligently speaking on that question. Sorry, pal, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

16. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It won't. At that time it will become the Lake of Fire.
    If I throw a burning match into my fireplace, I am throwing one fire into another fire, am I not? So shall it be then.

17. HisWitness New Member

well thank you for at least a response--but it did not become lake of fire--it was already the lake of fire when Hell was cast into it

18. Bronconagurski New Member

Says you, someone that can't define it, so excuse me, I will take God's word for it, not yours. You don't know what you are talking about as you have already admitted. No, it was not the lake of fire. Nowhere will you find that term until Revelation 19 and 20. Here are all the verses in the bible where the term was used.

Revelation 19:20 (KJV)
    20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Revelation 20:10 (KJV)
    10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Revelation 20:14 (KJV)
    14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 (KJV)
    15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:8 (KJV)
    8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Pay close attention to Revelation 21: 8 and the warnings offered. Those are real people with real sins that they will be held accountable for because they rejected the gospel of Jesus Christ.

19. Bronconagurski New Member

Furthermore, hell and the Lake of Fire have to be separate places as the beast and false prophet were there for a thousand years before hell and the devil were cast there. No one can dogmatically say where hell is today, but some say it is in the center of the earth. No one knows where the Lake of Fire is either, but they are logically two different places.

20. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

So what's your point?
    The question ought to be: What was the Lake of Fire originally created for?

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

It was not created originally for rebellious mankind, but for the devil and his demons. But ultimately all who reject Christ will end up there.