1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Henry Morris KJV Study Bible

Discussion in 'Creation vs. Evolution' started by Just_Ahead, Jan 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just_Ahead

Just_Ahead Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a copy of The Companion Bible, Enlarge Print -- one big study Bible -- sometimes I think I need a crane to move it from the book case to my study desk.

Here is a link to an image of E.W. Bullinger's study desk. Click on the link and click again to open the image.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Just_Ahead

Just_Ahead Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As I age, I find my Bible study and personal worship swinging back toward my conservative roots. And as this thread continues -- I feel drawn to the Henry Morris KJV Study Bible -- particularly the excerpts I have read online.

To be continued...

#42 Just_Ahead, Jan 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  3. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, it is definitely bulky and unhandy -- a good reason to look at it online I suppose. I have a problem resisting hard copies, though, of something I want to use for study. It has some good stuff in it. Do you think it fair to consider it a "YEC Bible"?
    Having the dog there probably makes all the difference! :)
    You have caused me to become interested in seeing it as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Literal means to take the 6 days as 24 hours, to accept God created Man as act of special creration, not evolution, and that is not a Myth, nor based upon other Mid eastern myth stories! And that the Holy Spirit inspired an infallible final account!

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem for you is that the scriptures and science support a much younger earth and Universe than "billions of years"

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We look at the same facts, its just he filters thru atheistic evolution, while we do thru Jesus Himself!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reformed study bible support Young earth, while the Esv sb open ended on question...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since there was a world wide flood, with resultant massive changes, how can any dating system be correct?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, conveniently, they deny the existence of such a flood despite there being evidence of that flood.

• Like Like x 1
  10. KeyserSoze

KeyserSoze Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Sorry, but YOUR interpretation of scripture may support a young earth, but SCIENCE certainly does NOT.
    Geologists all the way back to the late 1700s figured out long before Darwin even wrote Origin of Species that the earth HAD to be a lot older than YEC's were claiming it was..
    If "science" supported a young earth, then you'd be able to find geology organizations and journals that support it..
    Yet NONE do.. No science organization, no peer reviewed journal and NO PhD University with a Geology dept accepts a young earth..
    A young earth is simply IMPOSSIBLE in light of all the evidence to the contrary.

• Like Like x 1
  11. KeyserSoze

KeyserSoze Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    There is NO evidence of a "global flood".. In fact all the evidence clearly shows that a global flood is a total and complete impossibility.
    This is why no geology organization accepts it as valid.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. KeyserSoze

KeyserSoze Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    The evidence shows that there was NO "global" flood..
    If there was a global flood within the last 6000 years (as YEC's claim), the polar ice caps wouldn't even exist.
    They'd have broken up and melted away like ice in a glass of coke, if they were covered under a mountain of water for months at a time.
    The fact that the polar ice caps even exists is clear proof that there was NO "global" flood.
    There is simply NO way possible for those caps to either survive a global flood , or regrow the million years of layers they contain in a few 1000 years..
    Simply put, YEC's are forced to once again dismiss the laws of physics in order to believe in a global flood.
    (which sadly, they continually do at every turn)

13. KeyserSoze

KeyserSoze Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Calling evolution "atheistic" doesn't make it so..
    Facts aren't atheistic.. and NO, you aren't looking at any facts.. You're distorting them.. and ignoring them..
    Which is quite sad..

Here, this was written by the International Theological Commission at the Pontifical Academy of Science in the Vatican. Take a real close look at the end of the paragraph at the guy who authorized its publication.

According to the widely accepted scientific account, the universe erupted 15 billion years ago in an explosion called the “Big Bang” and has been expanding and cooling ever since. Later there gradually emerged the conditions necessary for the formation of atoms, still later the condensation of galaxies and stars, and about 10 billion years later the formation of planets. In our own solar system and on earth (formed about 4.5 billion years ago), the conditions have been favorable to the emergence of life. While there is little consensus among scientists about how the origin of this first microscopic life is to be explained, there is general agreement among them that the first organism dwelt on this planet about 3.5-4 billion years ago. Since it has been demonstrated that all living organisms on earth are genetically related, it is virtually certain that all living organisms have descended from this first organism. Converging evidence from many studies in the physical and biological sciences furnishes mounting support for some theory of evolution to account for the development and diversification of life on earth, while controversy continues over the pace and mechanisms of evolution. While the story of human origins is complex and subject to revision, physical anthropology and molecular biology combine to make a convincing case for the origin of the human species in Africa about 150,000 years ago in a humanoid population of common genetic lineage.

International Theological Commission held at Rome during the period 2000-2002. The present text was approved in forma specifica, by the written ballots of the International Theological Commission. It was then submitted to Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, the President of the Commission, who has given his permission for its publication.

Now, notice who published it..? Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger.. Better known as Pope Benedict XVI.
    And Popes don't tend to be atheists.. lol

14. KeyserSoze

KeyserSoze Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    OK, lets talk about that..
    What geology dept is making the claim that the dating methods are unreliable..?

15. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
  16. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you seen the Grand Canyon? And again, you say no organization accepts it as valid. Do you live under a rock? (pun intended)

17. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you believe in an eternal self-existent God, a God who came out of a Big Bang, no God at all, or perhaps something else? Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Just_Ahead

Just_Ahead Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe in an eternal self-existent God.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Just_Ahead

Just_Ahead Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As I await a copy of the Henry Morris KJV Study Bible, I thought I would post a few links.

Institute for Creation Research is the name of the current organization publishing the Henry Morris KJV Study Bible, which appears to be the 3rd edition of this study Bible.

1st edition
    KJV Defenders Study Bible, by Dr. Henry Morris, PhD (World Publishing, 1996, 1728 pg.).

2nd edition
    KJV New Defenders Study Bible, by Dr. Henry Morris, PhD (World Publishing, 2005, 2202 pg.)

3rd edition
    The Henry Morris KJV Study Bible, Apologetic Study Bible with over 10,000 comprehensive study notes (Master Books, 2012, 2215 pg.)​

Institute for Creation Research

Institute for Creation Research -- Wikipedia article

Biography of Henry M. Morris: Father of Modern Creationism, and video, by Rebecca Morris Daughter (2017)

20. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Any idea what changes have been made from the 1st to the 3rd edition?

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.